Memorable (but cheap) Souvies

Originally posted by jaysmom4285
In China at the World Showcase in Epcot, you can buy a bookmark with any of a number of lovely Asian-themed watercolor images on the front, and they will write your (or anyone's) name in Chinese characters on the back. It's very inexpensive - about $3 if I rememer correctly - and is a unique gift.

I LOVE this--I always bring back a little souvenir to everyone in my office for covering for me when I'm on vacation. I'm going to look for these at Christmas.

Last March, I brought them each a little scented Mickey head candle that I got in DTD--Seems like they were about $3 each. Made my suitcase smell pretty yummy, too!

For us, we also get a Christmas ornament every year and DD and I both like to get some pens.

There is a Disney store at Beltz malls at the end of international drive. They have alot of stuff that they sold at the parks at about half of what they were selling it for. You can get some good stuff at cheap prices.

Dan-tot

First let me say I am a "purist" as in I must have things from the actual park / resort. It's just no fun for me to buy things off site.

I do a lot of the things others do. Pens, antenna toppers, magnets. I also saved the swivel sticks from our meals (The things they poke in sandwiches and desserts to decorate them). They make a nice accent in scrapbooking ....

I love the kids cup idea .... you could even fill it with Candy.

I also LOVE to get socks. I lost one of my Mickey ones ... they were so comfy. Miss them :-(

WDWO

This idea is for a personal souviner. At MK there is a side street off of Main Street where they will do a profile cut portrait. I did this when my son was 2 and not into souviners himself. I love looking at it and remembering when he was that young and our vacation at Disney. We are going again in a couple of weeks over his 4th birthday. I'm going to try to get one done again - although I'm not sure how still he will sit this time! =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter