Meryll83's SBP/Citrico's/Morocco PJ - Update: Trip Report now underway!!

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
Well I now have a real reason to be in this section of the DISboards, although I've been crashing threads for some time hoping a Disney wedding could one day be on the cards!

Just got back at the end of last week from a fabulous 2 weeks with boyfriend Simon at Pop Century on free dining (with a sneaky little 2 night stay at the Boardwalk Villa's sandwiched in the middle - this has spoilt me now though, I want to be a Deluxe Snob! :snooty: I think having free dining for 2 weeks has also spoiled me though!

Simon proposed on the first night we were there in front of Cinderella Castle, tried to get down on one knee but I realised what he was doing and hugged him before he got down there! :hug:

Coz I don't wear jewellery he didn't know what size ring to get, so he proposed the first night as we had already decided to go shopping at the Florida Mall the next day, so I got to choose my own rock! :woohoo:

I'm currently at work (don't worry I came in early, I'm not skiving!) but I will post a piccie of the ring from my PC at home as soon as I get chance!

Parents are all really happy about it, my Dad has been dying for an excuse to go back to Florida since we last went as a family with me as a child in 1993, as my Mum doesn't enjoy the loooong flights and would prefer European holidays nowadays, this doesn't interest my Dad, so for the past few years they have taken UK breaks and the odd mini-cruise to Holland/Amsterdam, sort of a happy medium. I'm not sure my Mum realises I am actually going to make her go to Florida, I think she thinks I'll grow out of it. I'm waiting for my mum to come round with brochures for our local venues and try and persuade me how lovely they are! Everyone else wants to go back though, Si's parents last visited around the same time as our last family trip, and many of our friends are previous visitors to WDW as well.
The problem with the whole WDW wedding thing is that I know not everyone will be able to make it, in particular I don't think my Grandma could handle the long flights. This makes me feel awful as I always imagined she would be at my wedding, but people keep telling me you'll never be able to please eveyone, and you only get one chance to make your wedding exactly what you want it to be.
We will definitely have some kind of party when we get back, I'm hoping we will be able to show the wedding video and photos that night, to try and let those who couldn't make it be part of the experience.

Well I guess now the planning can officially begin!

First and foremost we are trying to decide exactly when to take the plunge.
Trouble is, both of Si's parents and one of Si's best friend's girlfriend (still with me?!) all work at schools/colleges so this means we would have to go in a school holiday.
Now I thought about October half term but then realised that's only a week so it depends if the 'schoolies' would want to come for just a week. Otherwise it would probably have to be Easter, which looks like WDW is a very busy place to be according to the chart in the Unofficial Guide. :crowded: I must consult the rest of my Disney library of guidebooks, but I'm pretty sure my findings will be the same!
October seems to be nice and quiet based on the chart, I thought the half term holidays might be busy, but perhaps it's just in the UK where this is a school holiday, does anyone know if Florida/US schools have a break at this time?
It's only Gemma and Si's parents that it affects in respect that they would have to go all the way to Florida for just 1 week.
But if we go in Easter so they can have a two week holiday, it means everyone else has to suffer the possibility of crowds and more expense. Think I need to speak to those concerned and see what they think.
I think if we go in October it will be 2009 but if it has to be Easter it may have to be 2010 to have some additional money saving time, for us and everyone else joining us!

I've read that you can call Disney's Fairytale Weddings 12 months in advance to start reserving locations etc, can you get any information sent through prior to this to help select things?

Sea Breeze Point and Sunset Pointe had been favourite locations of mine, but now we've talked about who may potentially attend the wedding, looks like we could have around 25 guests (including us) and I think both of these locations have a much smaller capacity.

Me and bridesmaid Julie (my best friend) are also wondering when we can go shopping for our dresses, are we supposed to wait a while in case we put on weight - or get skinny (probably more doubtful!) or can we start now?!! I just came back to a small payrise that has been backdated for the month so that's nice! Will probably wait til after Christmas though at least I think.
My other bridesmaid is to be Jodie, a friend from my local theatre group (she and her brother will be the only guests under 21 as far as I'm aware - need to plan something for these guys to do while we have a Jellyrolls night sometime!).

Well we were thinking of staying 8 nights at WDW itself (possibly a split stay between resorts), 3 nights Disney cruise, 3 nights New York, then home, then we kinda get a different honeymoon in there as well.
I'm already stressing about if we stay at a Deluxe resort as our free wedding night should I book a room the night before to get our things there, and then how do we transfer Si's things on the wedding day, and so many other questions and queries that I'm sure I needn't worry about for a long time yet! I do love my planning though!

Well I was supposed to start work 2 minutes ago, so best finish up there.

I hope I haven't scared everyone off with my first post being the looooooooooongest ever, I'm just so eager to start the planning and I really need you guys to help me with all these questions I have!! :thumbsup2

congrats!! I'm a uk disney bride as well

I have just contract for our sept 2008 wedding, we booked our stay through virgin here and are going to book an extra night through our wedding website after our comp night but we are not ahveing the comp night on our wedding day.

I started dress shopping straight away!!! I had it picked within 3 weeks!

Orangetiggs, congrats on reaching the under 1 year mark!

You know you have to have so many Disney hotel nights booked in order to get the complimentary wedding night stay - think it's 25 for a Wishes collection - do these have to be booked directly with Disney, or does it still count if your holiday package is booked through Virgin Holidays for example?

We have travelled with Virgin Holidays the last 2 times we have been to Florida, but I thought that perhaps this time we would have to book all the elements seperately because of the above.

So when did you get engaged? Am I ok to want to dress shop nearly 2 years in advance?

And have you got a planning trip orgainsed at all? We won't have chance to go back before the wedding trip itself so we need to get everything organised from the UK.

Was it at the 1 year mark that you could receive information on locations etc from Disney, or will they send out any brochures etc to help us decide before this time?

This is what happens when you are the first replier on the thread - you get bombarded with all my questions!

Thanks

It does not matter how you book the disney hotels as long as you give your planner the res numbers thats fine. We have around 30 guests have have to guarentee 25 room nights

I got engaged 2nd sept 2006 and I have had my dress picked since around nov time last year, i think if you find the one dont look anymore!! I just picked my dress up so I know I have it!! I was panicing as its a pink gown so wanted to make sure i got it!

We are flying over on 4th feb for our planning trip, virgin had a cheap deal for pop century so we are going over for a week to do all the planning.

You can go and look at the wishbook on thier website just google disney worl weddings and it gives you loads of info but the prices are a bit wrong, you can also request info as well from them. you can talk to a sale consultant at any time but we could not get our date pencilied in till 18 months out.

Thanks

It does not matter how you book the disney hotels as long as you give your planner the res numbers thats fine. We have around 30 guests have have to guarentee 25 room nights

I got engaged 2nd sept 2006 and I have had my dress picked since around nov time last year, i think if you find the one dont look anymore!! I just picked my dress up so I know I have it!! I was panicing as its a pink gown so wanted to make sure i got it!

We are flying over on 4th feb for our planning trip, virgin had a cheap deal for pop century so we are going over for a week to do all the planning.

You can go and look at the wishbook on thier website just google disney worl weddings and it gives you loads of info but the prices are a bit wrong, you can also request info as well from them. you can talk to a sale consultant at any time but we could not get our date pencilied in till 18 months out. the pavillion and a park location for your recption or ariels or napa room (anywhere thats not a convention room) then you can contract at 12 months otherwise its 8 months .

We are having the pavillion, ariels and then uk lower for a dessert paty in the evening.

No problems anymore questions that I can help with thats fine, I love talking weddings!!

OH MY GOD, why didn't you tell me? You should have crashed my TR and TOLD ME!!!! AAHHHHH!!!

How cool is that? I am so happy for you. I can tell you're really excited.
You can easily plan everything from the UK, I did and the internet is a wonderful resource as are these boards.

Go ahead ask me anything, you know I'm one that loves to ramble on about weddings...

Happy.jpg

Congratulations! I just wanted to say October is a nice time to go to Disney. The weather is nice and it isn't as busy as it would be at Easter. I am getting married (hopefully, cross your fingers) October 30th next year. I am a teacher and get the last week off in October. I have two friends that are teachers and are coming from Canada that are able to take a few days off. It isn't a holiday in Canada and I am pretty sure it isn't a holiday in the States either. Happy Planning!

Where are you from in Yorkshire?

Thanks

No problems anymore questions that I can help with thats fine, I love talking weddings!!
That's good, I'm ok with booking things seperately, but I was wondering how to convince other people to leave the comfort of package holidays! Now, not necessary, hurrah!

Think I'll give them a call sometime this weekend then to see if they will send me some info out - oooh excited!

OH MY GOD, why didn't you tell me? You should have crashed my TR and TOLD ME!!!! AAHHHHH!!!

Go ahead ask me anything, you know I'm one that loves to ramble on about weddings...

I did just crash your TR (only minimally I promise!), but obviously you got to this thread first!!

Don't worry, I plan to ask a gazillion questions!

It isn't a holiday in Canada and I am pretty sure it isn't a holiday in the States either. Happy Planning!

Where are you from in Yorkshire?

That's good to know, I'm hoping for October personally, but will have to see how the 'schoolies' feel about this.

We're from Scarborough, in North Yorkshire. I actually lived in York 'til I was 5 but then moved here.

Congrats on your engagement and future Disney wedding!!

I definitely think you should aim for an October wedding as opposed to an Easter time wedding. The parks are a nightmare the weeks before and after Easter! October is a nice month. It's hot here right now but every year is different ;) Usually it's very mild in October. There really isnt a big school break in Oct for most schools in the US. Some might have a day off or so but that's about it. I hope your "school people" over there will agree to October! Good luck!!! :)

Congrats on your engagement.

We are also looking at an October wedding. October 20th 2008 to be exact. Should know next Wednesday if we got it or not.

I wish you all the best in your planning!

That's good to know, I'm hoping for October personally, but will have to see how the 'schoolies' feel about this.

We're from Scarborough, in North Yorkshire. I actually lived in York 'til I was 5 but then moved here.

I was just asking because DF is from Monk Fryston which is between York and Leeds. There is some very beautiful countryside there.

congrats on your engagement! i agree, you should avoid easter at all costs, october is beautiful in florida and not too too crowded!

Ok, so time to take a step back and do a quick introduction of myself and my loved ones. I'll add photos later this week when I've saved my photos into photobucket!

Bride - Me, Meryll, 24
I work in mortgages for a Building Society and regularly perform in various shows at one of our local theatres. Been dreaming of a Disney wedding the last couple of years, now I finally have chance to plan away! We've just returned from our second WDW trip together.

Groom - Simon, 28
Works for the same company as me (we're based in a Head Office though, so on different departments and a whole floor away!) in dealing. Does enjoy our Disney holidays is probably mainly appeasing my wish for a Disney wedding by agreeing to this!

n504375268_324590_2356.jpg

Best man - Adam, 26 - I think!
10063996a10323825b427114205l.jpg

Simon's brother, not sure he's officially been asked yet actually but I know he soon will be. Adam now lives in Sheffield and is marrying his girlfriend, Anna, next year in Rotherham. Hasn't been to WDW since about 1993 when Si's whole family last went together, don;t think Anna has ever been, but I know she wants to!

Chief Bridesmaid - Julie, 25 (baywatchextra)
10063996a2851206b923664905l.jpg

My best friend, one of those who I may not see for a month or so if we're busy, but we can always pick up right where we left off. Julie and her boyfriend, Steve, are heading to WDW in a weeks time (lucky things!) with Steve's family, so we're meeting tonight so I can give her the heads up with the Halloween maps etc. we brought back!

Bridesmaid - Jodie, teens
10063996a2103139799b822199650l.jpg

A friend from my local theatre group, with a family of WDW addicts, I promised they could all come when I got married there - started of as a bit of a joke really, but now it's actually happening! Jodie will be coming with brother Luke, also teens, and Mum and Dad Bev and Kev. These guys are holidaying in WDW in Feb 2008 so I think they may end up being the most recent visitors when we all go back in (hopefully) October 2009!

Mother of the Bride - Junita
My mum, last in WDW in 2003 on our last trip as a family and although I know she enjoyed it, I also know she doesn't enjoy the flying there! I think there may still need to be some persuasion done here, I'm not sure she's completely convinced about the idea of a Disney wedding...

Father of the Bride - John
My dad, has always wanted to go back to WDW since our last family trip, but as my mum has never been a huge fan of the idea, has never quite managed it! Always insist we bring him back Peanut Brittle from Main Street, as apparently it's just not the same from anywhere else in the world!

Mother of the Groom - Liz
Si's mum, again around 1993 for the last WDW trip, says her and Paul are "ready to do Disney again", so that's always good. Si thinks his mum worries that our friends won't be there if we get married in Florida, but we know that people who want to be there and can will be, and we will know who those are who want to but really can't. Works in a college, so we have to work around the school holidays in order for her to be there.

Father of the Groom - Paul
Si's dad, another who's last visit was 1993, turns out mine and Si's families both took their last trips in the same year. Again, I think he looks forward to going back. Works in a different college, we need to find out when the school holidays fall for each college in October half term for 2009, I'm hoping they fall the same week or we'll have problems!

Friends
The rest of our projected guest list (currently around 25 total) is currently made up of friends, some of them visitors to WDW this year or the last couple, others last visited as children and a couple of WDW virgins in there as well!
One of these friends is a primary school teacher, so again we're hoping the school holiday dates all match up. I'm a bit concerned though given that Liz is off this week for half term and I'm sure that the reason Julie and Steve go to WDW next week is so his niece would only miss one week of school, making me think that school's half term is next week. Eek!

At the moment, from the brief interent browsing I have done on dresses, I like these 2 Maggie Sotterro dresses, the second one would probably be in white though I think, but possibly keeping pink for the second colour in it:

caprilynette.jpg

caprilynetteback.jpg

jenna.jpg

jennaback.jpg

I've found a shop in York that stocks Maggie dresses, so I presume I can just call them up to see if they have these styles in stock?
What happens if they don't have the style in? Do they order one? Or are you then obliged to buy it?

I like this style dress, I think it's by After Six (I saw it on TamTab's planning journal and stole it!), but I'm thinking in Deep Red.

I haven't figured out how to post pictures of screen dumps I've currently got saved in Word, so if anyone can help me with how to do that, that would fab!
bmdress9.jpg

Need to find out if anywhere near me stocks this designer yet....

there is a website in the states shopforbridal that does these dress (they are by dessy/aftersix) for half the price than here!!

My dress for my girls here is £180 and on that website the same dress is $144 and the shipping is only $23 even with the taxes that I will be charged here its still cheaper

there is a website in the states shopforbridal that does these dress (they are by dessy/aftersix) for half the price than here!!

My dress for my girls here is £180 and on that website the same dress is $144 and the shipping is only $23 even with the taxes that I will be charged here its still cheaper
That's fab - thanks for the tip!
Did you just get the girls to try the dresses on over here and find the right size then order them online from the US?
I noticed already that the first wedding dress I like is tonnes cheaper on all the US websites than the UK ones. Think it might be worth purchasing them all online and then seeing a local shop will just do any alterations necesssary.

Thanks for posting where to find these dresses. Silly me totally forgot.

Looking forward to reading more.

Yes I went to a local dress shop thats stocked dessy over here and they measured them (I didnt say I was buying online) and then I'm going to order them on that website.

I'm going to get them altered here by a dressmaker.

My dress was half price in the states but I didnt get mine from there as I wanted a coloured dress and when I called about it they didnt know about the colour so it worried me too much to order it incase it was wrong

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter