Meryll83's SBP/Citrico's/Morocco PJ - Update: Trip Report now underway!!

with a custome wedding the min you can get a cake for is 50 people. I just got the cake cd with the pricing buit its at home. they range from around$8 to $16.50 per person!!! the mad hatter cake 2 tier one is $450 and again that serves 50.

We only have 30 going as well and maybe a few less but I think you can take the cake with you once its all finished and eat it the following day maybe

Incidentally, that reminds me, I know I'd like some crystal Mickey's in the bouquets, but I remember seeing some posts a while back about a bridal purse you can get with crystal Mickey's on it. Does anyone know anything about these (link to the concerned thread or piccies would be fab!) and how to get hold of one? Thanks - sorry for the sidetrack there!

i can't find my cake pricing sheet, but about the mickey bag,you can get it o the dftw website or through disney floral!

It's still not a great picture, it sparkles too much! - but at least you get the idea:
ring.jpg

It's 14k gold and has three diamonds, I think the lady in the shop said the diamonds were 3/4 of a carat (does that sound right - I'm not really a jewellry person so I don't really understand what these things mean?!)

This is the closest picture I can find from the jewellers catalogue - except mine has the gold band:
ring-1.jpg

Ok so whilst doing photographer research, I came across this photograph, this is the sort of bouquet I'm after, with the Bridesmaids hopefully having something in reverse colours....
bouquet.jpg

I left the bride in the picture as I like how she has her hair - hope she doesn't mind!

Ooh and I've just found another - I fell in love with this bouquet a looooong time ago when I was looking through TR's to see what a Disney wedding involved.
I really love this bouquet, unfortunately I only have a screen dump of the picture and it hasn't saved very well as an image, and I can't remember the name of the bride who's TR it is! (Useful huh?!) here goes though:
blurredbouquet.jpg

OK, so the boys have already decided they're going to drink their way around the world in Epcot, so I'm wondering what would be a fun idea for us girls to do whilst this is taking place?
Presumably the boys will have to start in the afternoon if Epcot closes at 9pm, so Pleasure Island wouldn't happen until later on.
What could we do from say 5pm-9pm latest and then perhaps meet up with the boys at PI for a bit of Adventurer's Club action?!!

Congratulations on your engagement!

Your choice of cake is excellent, we had the Almond cake with amaretto mousse filling and it was delicious!!!

Happy planning!:cheer2:

WHAT IS IT? Celebrate the spirit of aloha, as well as the sights, sounds and tastes of timeless Polynesia. Enjoy traditional Polynesia music as well as the Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride from Lilo and Stitch in an open air theatre.

Tropical Mixed Greens with Mango Poppy Seed Dressing
Pineapple-coconut Bread
Sweet Golden Pineapple

Island Barbecued Pork Ribs
Lanai Roasted Chicken
Polynesian Rice
Fresh Seasonal Vegetables

Tropical Beverages

All you can drink:
Bud and Bud Light Draft Beer
Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay
Tea, Coffee, Milk, Pink Lemonade, Sprite, Coke, Diet Coke
Hot or Iced Tea and Milk

Dessert - Kilauea Volcano Delight

For Kids (3-9)
Macaroni and Cheese
Chicken Nuggets
Peanut Butter and Jelly
Hot Dogs

WHEN IS IT? There are two shows every Tuesday through Saturday at 5:15 and 8:00 p.m. The shows last approximately two hours.

PRICING/SEATING: The Spirit of Aloha dinner show began new tiered pricing on January 1, 2007. Reservations may be made 180 days in advance.

Category 1 Adults (10 and up) $58.99 including tax and gratuity
Children (3-9) $29.99 including tax and gratuity
Infants (0-2) No charge

Category 2 Adults (10 and up) $54.99 including tax and gratuity
Children (3-9) $26.99 including tax and gratuity
Infants (0-2) No charge

Category 3 Adults (10 and up) $50.99 including tax and gratuity
Children (3-9) $25.99 including tax and gratuity
Infants (0-2) No charge

Linda

WHAT IS IT? Celebrate the spirit of aloha, as well as the sights, sounds and tastes of timeless Polynesia. Enjoy traditional Polynesia music as well as the Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride from Lilo and Stitch in an open air theatre.
This sounds cool but I'm quite a fussy eater, I'm not sure I'd enjoy the menu.

However, it might be worth the sacrifice because I'm sure it''s just me that's that fussy and everyone else would probably really love it.
why don't you drink around the world the opposite way???

I thought about this, but we'd probably collapse half way!!
Still might be a go-er though.....

If money isn't an issue you could always go see Cirque du Soliel. La Nouba has a show at 6pm in downtown Disney. I've been to it twice and really loved it.

You could also do something silly like head to MK and see who can meet the most characters and have their pictures done with them. :rotfl:

or have like a scavanger hunt around one of the parks? :confused3

just some ideas :laughing:

Ok, so jumping forward in the planning here a bit you may think, but we have decided to do the 3 night Disney Cruise at the end of our WDW trip to give us a kind of seperate honeymoon experience, and I've discovered this will actually be the first thing we can book!

From the rumours circulating at the moment, itineraries are expected to be released any time from now - December, with the cruises actually going on sale in January - so not long to wait at all for this really! :boat:

I think we are just going to go with the basic category 12 cabin, as with it only being a short cruise I don't think we'll be spending enough time in the cabin for it to be worth the additional expense.

Just received the cruise planning DVD I requested from Disney yesterday, so we've been clueing ourselves up with that, this is actually our first time on any cruise so I've been pestering those gurus on the cruise board for their knowledge already!

So now I am just waiting for Si's parents to confirm their half term dates.
That means we would need to travel out on the Sat for them to have a week away and be back on Sunday in time for college on the Monday, which in turn means, given the cruise sailing days, that me and Si would have to cruise at the end of the 2nd week. That would get us back in the UK for Monday, so think we would probably treat ourselves to the Tuesday off work as well!

So now we just have to hope that when the cruise itineraries are released this date comes up!!

We have had to rule out the New York trip we were thinking of squeezing in after the cruise, just for that reason. Too much of a squeeze based on the dates we have to work with and holiday time we would reasonably want to take off from work. The same problems arises whether we look at a 3 or 4 night cruise, and 7 would just be too long for our plans.
We would either have to take more days holiday than we wanted or reduce our time staying at WDW, which we wouldn't want to rush, particularly as we like to do a couple of days at Universal whilst staying in WDW.
One day though we will hit the Big Apple I'm sure. It's those pesky Disney short cruises, who do they think they are only departing twice a week! :rolleyes:

I just found your PJ, so I'm a little behind. :) In response to your question about renting the motorcoach for your reception and desert party... your time block starts when you pick up guests at the resorts (for my 2:30 ceremony it starts at 1:30), the buses hold thru the ceremony and then take guests to the LSS for the reception. They are on standby for the entire reception in case people need to leave early. The reception is 5hrs (including pre-reception) so mine will end at 8:30pm and the guests would be driven straight from the LSS to Italy Isola for the desert party. Unfortunately you must have the bus for the entire time block, unless your guests all have park tickets for the day.

Ok, so backtracking again now to locations.

I'm worried that the locations we are still pondering over at the minute may be too large for the amount of guests and will drown everyone.

The WP for example, seats a whopping 300 people according to mouseweddings.com. I think there may be about 30 of us in total!

The LSS seats 84, getting better.....

And the Italy Isola maxs at 100 - going up again. :sad2:

Will this be as bad as I think and should we be looking at smaller locations?
Or will a bit of space just let us all strecth out a bit? :rolleyes:

The ceremony location obviously has the hugest difference, but I'm not sure of any other location options that we would like. Loved SP, but too small, not sure about the proximity of other guests at SBP, YCG again I'm not sure about having people watching from their rooms, but other than the WP I'm not sure I'd like the cermony to be indoors in a ballroom or such. Wouldn't want an in-park wedding coz of the early/late hours - is that it? Are we out of options? :confused:

I just found your PJ, so I'm a little behind. :) In response to your question about renting the motorcoach for your reception and desert party... your time block starts when you pick up guests at the resorts (for my 2:30 ceremony it starts at 1:30), the buses hold thru the ceremony and then take guests to the LSS for the reception. They are on standby for the entire reception in case people need to leave early. The reception is 5hrs (including pre-reception) so mine will end at 8:30pm and the guests would be driven straight from the LSS to Italy Isola for the desert party. Unfortunately you must have the bus for the entire time block, unless your guests all have park tickets for the day.

Thanks Kristen,
I'm grateful for any responses to anything I've asked, however long ago!
So what happens at the end of the day, after the dessert party?
Do the coaches have to be hired right through until the end of that also?
Alternatively, if guests are using park passes can they just roam freely from the LSS?

At the end of the desert party the buses will take guests back to wherever they want to go (pleaseure island, resorts, etc.). My buses stop an hour after the reception ends. Yes, they must be hired thru the end of the desert party as well.

I'm not positive how they handle guests with park tickets, but there are Disney Cast Members at the LSS as "hosts" so I assume if you show the CM's the tickets that they'll be able to roam free.

So I think there is a set charge for the coach isn't there and then do you pay by the hour after that?
Can you remember how much the charges are?

Hey Meryll! Congratulations!! I love your PJ so far!

How did you get hold of a DCL DVD? I've checked DCL about a gazillion times and they only send out to USA and Canada :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter