• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works! 6/7 PTR Link!

Well, apparently Disney advertising has come a long ways! That commercial is just plain creepy!

I know! It was kind of scary actually.

:eek:

I mean... :scared:

or this :rotfl:

even a bit of :sad2:

So many emotions. I am not sure how to feel right now. What crazy photos. I am so glad I am growing up with today's Disney culture.

Sounds like a fun presentation I hope they have something similar when we go in November.

:lmao: I'm glad i'm growing up with today's Disney culture as well! Some of those photos are just shocking and so un-Disney like!

That was interesting actually and yeahhhh pretty weird:rotfl: My DH would be all over a presentation like that. We actually have a magazine here in NJ called "Weird NJ" :upsidedow

Oh gosh I hope your magazine isn't nearly as creepy as some of those Disney photos!

Congrats on the boy! Jack's middle name is Davis as well! I have 3 friends that are pregnant right now and I am trying to convince them ALL to do reveal cakes! I just think it's so neat! And yay for your dates!! You will love the World with all the Christmas decor! We've been a few times near the holidays and there is something a little extra magical about that time of year!

Since there's no one else I can really talk to about my frustrations, I come here to release it...and this is going to sound like a very selfish post, so bear with me...it may be the pregnancy hormones too that aren't helping me.

Dh came home last night from volunteering for a fundraiser football game and told me that the school he wants to be at (here in our town, where they pulled the PE position) has openings for a special ed teacher, a math teacher, and a librarian teaching position. :confused3

Two of the guys that have a lot of influence at this school (and were two of the guys that gave him recommendation letters) told him that maybe he should take the CSET for any of these positions, and apply for them, in hopes that they'll bring back the PE position and they can just easily transfer him from one position to the PE position.

I feel like we've been going back and forth with this whole applying, interviewing, getting hopes up, stuff for the past two years and it's not just affecting him, which I don't think he realizes.

Job security is KEY right now in this economy. Just a few weeks ago, he signed papers at his present school, that he'll be coming back for the next school year, which means he'll be tenured <----this is the word we've both been waiting to hear since he got hired. But if he decides to apply to this school, he has to start all over again, and wait another two years for full job security, which makes me SO nervous right now, especially since we have a little one on the way.

I asked him, what makes him so sure that they'll even bring back the PE position next year, if they wouldn't this year? The administration will probably see that the current PE teachers did a good job in handling the extra students from that released PE position and will probably never bring it back. Then what? He's stuck being a teacher for a subject he never wanted to do.

I think i'd be okay with this if we weren't having a baby at this moment, but this is added stress that I just don't want right now.

And apparently he won't be getting a pay cut, but will work out to the same amount, IF he takes his Masters final exam (yes, he went all the way through his Master's program, and didn't take the one test that gives you your Masters degree :confused3) So all he has to do is take it, and he'll get his raise.

Thanks for letting me vent here. I'm so frustrated with what's happening, even more frustrated because he won't really find out what he's going to do until late next week, which leaves another week of uncertainty. I KNEW I shouldn't have gotten excited and made plans for WDW just yet!

I hope this doesn't come out harsh but finding special ed teachers is very hard, finding PE teacher usually is not. In my experience as a teacher people who go into special ed have a very hard time getting out. If he does a good job they would never let him leave to go to pe. They could get 10 people lined up for a PE opening and very few for special ed. Math and Library may be different.

Tenure is super important right now in education because if they have to make cuts they always start with the non tenured teachers no matter how good they are.

I'm sorry Alicia :hug:

Is he that frustrated with the drive that he's willing to go into something he might not like? And won't it look bad if he breaks his contract with the other school? It's so important not to burn bridges, especially if he needs them as a reference.

Maybe he wants to be close in case you need him quickly.

I hope this doesn't come out harsh but finding special ed teachers is very hard, finding pe teacher usually is not. In my experience as a teacher people who go into special ed have a very ahrd time getting out. If he does a good job they woudl never let him leave to go to pe. They could get 10 people lined up for a pe opening and very few for special ed. Math and library may be different.

Tenure is super important right now in education because if they have to make cuts they always start with the non tenured teachers no matter how good they are.

This is a great thought and something I should bring up to him. And the fact that he wouldn't be tenured for another two years, really scares me. Just because they need a teacher for the next school year, doesn't guarantee him a spot for the following year, so this is something we really need to discuss.

I'm sorry Alicia :hug:

Is he that frustrated with the drive that he's willing to go into something he might not like? And won't it look bad if he breaks his contract with the other school? It's so important not to burn bridges, especially if he needs them as a reference.

Maybe he wants to be close in case you need him quickly.

I don't think it's only the drive. He's mentioned something about his principal and vice principal a few times, about them not liking him or something, however, they like him well enough to sign him on forever :confused3

That's another thing i'm scared of. He's already sign papers that he'll be teaching next year, and now if he gets a new job, he'll have to quit his other job, potentially burning bridges, like you stated. I, personally, would never do something like that, especially if someone was counting on me being there.

I think this all boils down to him wanting to be head coach for baseball. If he teaches at this school, no matter what subject he teaches (pe, math, special ed, library), he'll be able to coach varsity baseball. I really think this is what this whole thing is about, which is kind of sad, since a coach gets a very low stipend and is very part time. :confused3

That's tough, I'm sorry you're having to worry about this. Maybe sit down with him and tell him everything you're thinking and find out what he really wants to do.

I know a few guys, and much older than your DH, who make coaching such an important thing to them. I personally don't get it, since it's not something that interests me at all.

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3738.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

I’m also not sure if I mentioned this, but for the past few nights, one of the couples hadn’t been showing up (I told DH it was his fault because he talks to much! :lmao:) and we were really hoping to see them there tonight but we didn’t. The other couple, Tim and Melanie, had made it though, and they are such an awesome couple.

Okay on to food!

For appetizers, DH ordered the Artichoke, Spinach, and Jalepeno Cheese Dip, with crispy pita bread.

IMG_3740.jpg

I ordered the Sesame-Crusted Tuna Sashimi, Wakame Salad, and American Caviar with Pickled Ginger Wasabi and Soy Sauce.

IMG_3741.jpg

Yum to both of these!

I also ordered the Romaine Leaves with Artichoke Chips, served with a Roasted Bacon-wrapped Date and Caesar dressing.

IMG_3742.jpg

Ugh, really fantastic! I completely cleaned the plate.

For entrees, we both ordered the Yachtsman Steakhouse Center Cut Grilled Beef Tenderloin, served with William Potatoes, Asparagus Spears, Baby Vegetables, and Bearnaise Sauce.

IMG_3743.jpg

We ordered this in memory of not going to Yachtsman when we had reservations back in 2010.

It was tasty and that potato-pear looking thing through me off, but it was good. I’m sure it would taste much better at the Yachtsman though.

IMG_3744.jpg

IMG_3745.jpg

DH ordered the Deep-Dish Apple-Cranberry Pie served with Vanilla Ice Cream

IMG_3747.jpg

I must say, every cobbler/pie dessert he has had on the cruise, has been spot on wonderful.

I ordered the Chocolate Decadence with is small piece of very rich cake and chocolate mousse.

IMG_3746.jpg

Ridiculously rich and good!

Then it was time for the Baked Alaska presentation!

IMG_3748.jpg

IMG_3749.jpg

IMG_3751.jpg

IMG_3753.jpg

IMG_3754.jpg

Of course we couldn’t have our last meal without a little ‘magic’ from our server Jack.

IMG_3755.jpg

IMG_3756.jpg

I can't for the life of me remember the trick. I know it had something to do with water, which is why DH is covered like that.

After dinner, we went to our room really quick to use the restroom and spotted our last towel animal of the cruise.

IMG_3757.jpg

IMG_3758.jpg

There was also a survey that we completed and a note telling us to turn our clocks back one hour. I can’t remember if we put our luggage out before heading to the show or when we returned from dinner, but I believe all luggage has the be outside of your stateroom by 10pm.

I also took a picture of our luggage character so I wouldn’t forget when we got off the ship the next day.

IMG_3759.jpg

Tonight’s final show was the Comedy and Hypnosis of Ricky Kalmon. Oh my gosh! :banana: You MUST make it to this show! It’s hilarious seeing all of these people doing such weird and random things. It can be dangerous though! In fact, one of the DIS’ers at our meet-up, went on stage to be hypnotized and one of his triggers was, if he heard a bell or whistle (or something like that), he was to go off-stage and kiss his wife. Well the third or fourth time his trigger sound came up, he started walking right off the stage as if there were no steps and completely fell off and rolled to the ground. :scared1: Everyone stopped laughing to make sure he was okay, but he kind of chuckled himself when he got up off the ground. Thank goodness he was okay. He was an older gentlemen, maybe in his mid to late 50’s, so if it was anyone older than that, I’d be worried about breaking something. All that aside, the show was AMAZING and so stinking funny!

We decided to head back to our room after the show to get some sleep since we had to be up a little early. To get off the ship and make it to breakfast. :sad2:

Wonderful update! I completely botched the name of that last meal on my TR, must go back and change it.

The show sounds like so much fun, I can't wait to go on a longer cruise for all the different shows.

So we will be up in Tulare next week, sadly it will probably be one of our last visits up there. Arline has just become too frail and wobbly to remain living alone in a town with no real support system. She has friends up there, but they're the kind that visit in the hospital and bring flowers and go home. They're not necessarily the kind that bring her meals once she's home, take out her trash, do laundry and all the things she might really need.

We've been talking about her moving down here and decided that it's time to do it. Next weekend we're having a POD delivered and we will be there with my helpers for two days filling it up with all her stuff. Once we get get all packed up, she'll stay with us until we find her a place in Long Beach. Perhaps we can meet for a cup of coffee or some other type of beverage you're allowed to drink!

oooooh I just noticed your update! Thank you for taking pictures if all the menus! I'm looking forward to our trip and all the good eating we're going to do! Everything looks so tasty. It seems like you two had a really good time!

All caught up!

I love the blue cake, what an amazing way to share with everyone the sex of the baby. I just heard another story this week of a family having the ultra sound tech putting the sex in an envelope and they gave the envelope to a florist who then filled a box with helium balloons with the sex of the baby. Friends and family all met at the park, opened the box and a dozen pink balloons floated out. I think it is so nice to include friends and family!

I think the pear thing is a little weird too. On the two occasions I had it, it was also dry! I like my potatoes creamy;)!!

Okay once again I'm all caught up! I loved the cake idea, and really enjoyed watching the video. Congrats on having a sweet baby boy!
I hope you're not stressing too much about DH's job...whatever comes of it you will make the best of it and either way you will make amazing memories whenever you take that first family trip!
By the way you look great with your little baby bump in those pictures you posted on your blog! :goodvibes

So we will be up in Tulare next week, sadly it will probably be one of our last visits up there. Arline has just become too frail and wobbly to remain living alone in a town with no real support system. She has friends up there, but they're the kind that visit in the hospital and bring flowers and go home. They're not necessarily the kind that bring her meals once she's home, take out her trash, do laundry and all the things she might really need.

We've been talking about her moving down here and decided that it's time to do it. Next weekend we're having a POD delivered and we will be there with my helpers for two days filling it up with all her stuff. Once we get get all packed up, she'll stay with us until we find her a place in Long Beach. Perhaps we can meet for a cup of coffee or some other type of beverage you're allowed to drink!

Poor Arline, i'm sorry she's going through this. But yes! Let me know what days you're here and we'll try to get together. I have a few appointments this week so let me know! Sorry I got back on the DIS so late. I got on really quick on Saturday morning to check out a thread I was subscribed to about strollers since I was in Fresno shopping for strollers, and didn't have time to check my other threads otherwise would have got back to you sooner.

Wonderful update! I completely botched the name of that last meal on my TR, must go back and change it.

The show sounds like so much fun, I can't wait to go on a longer cruise for all the different shows.

The shows were all so good! They really helped make our nights more fun and complete.

oooooh I just noticed your update! Thank you for taking pictures if all the menus! I'm looking forward to our trip and all the good eating we're going to do! Everything looks so tasty. It seems like you two had a really good time!

Alison, if you ever need pictures of my menus, let me know and i'll try to edit them to make them more clear and I'll email them to you.

All caught up!

I love the blue cake, what an amazing way to share with everyone the sex of the baby. I just heard another story this week of a family having the ultra sound tech putting the sex in an envelope and they gave the envelope to a florist who then filled a box with helium balloons with the sex of the baby. Friends and family all met at the park, opened the box and a dozen pink balloons floated out. I think it is so nice to include friends and family!

I think the pear thing is a little weird too. On the two occasions I had it, it was also dry! I like my potatoes creamy;)!!

Oh the balloon is such a great idea! However, I look desserts and so does my family so this was a win/win for us! :lmao:

Okay once again I'm all caught up! I loved the cake idea, and really enjoyed watching the video. Congrats on having a sweet baby boy!
I hope you're not stressing too much about DH's job...whatever comes of it you will make the best of it and either way you will make amazing memories whenever you take that first family trip!
By the way you look great with your little baby bump in those pictures you posted on your blog! :goodvibes

Aw thanks Heather! We're really excited about having a boy. I'm going to updating right now about DH's job.

excellent trip report

Thank you!

It's been one crazy past few days around here, I haven't been able to get on the DIS at all.

I wanted to update everyone about DH's job.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but at my last Dr's appointment, I was weighing in less than what I had weighed in at last time. I had then re-weighed myself a few days after my Dr's appointment at home, and noticed I was down another pound. I'm pretty sure this is due to stress. I haven't been able to each much and don't have an appetite and I know this is all about the uncertainty of what was going on.

DH was away this weekend for a passing league tournament. Basically it's when Varsity football teams from different schools play against each other to get ready for the next season. During this event was when he was going to be talking to the two people that would tell him what he should do...stay at the school where he's at, or try to apply for a position at our local high school, not teaching PE, but math, library or special ed.

They told him that they were not sure if that PE position would be coming back. DH has no interest in teaching any other subject other than PE and he could potentially be at a school, waiting around for the position he really wants, and it will never come. He would not be happy about that.

He told me today, that he'll be staying where he's at for now. But if a PE position ever comes up within the next few years here in town, he would apply again.

I was doing this secretly :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

He's very positive about staying there next year and said I could go ahead and really start planning for the World in December! Then I did this, not so secretly --> :banana::banana::banana::banana: I'm so happy that he came to this decision to stay where he's at for now. Now, let's hope I can get my appetite back up to normal and start gaining a little bit of my weight back.

I only have one more update left on this TR and it's pretty pathetic since it's the last day. Then i'll be getting started on my TR for the World in December! :yay::yay:

Poor Arline, i'm sorry she's going through this. But yes! Let me know what days you're here and we'll try to get together. I have a few appointments this week so let me know! Sorry I got back on the DIS so late. I got on really quick on Saturday morning to check out a thread I was subscribed to about strollers since I was in Fresno shopping for strollers, and didn't have time to check my other threads otherwise would have got back to you sooner.

Alison, if you ever need pictures of my menus, let me know and i'll try to edit them to make them more clear and I'll email them to you.

We're going to arrive on Thursday afternoon and hopefully wrap up Saturday afternoon. If we have to we'll stay Saturday night, but we're hoping to be on our way on Saturday. I lost my phone since we last got together, so if you still have my phone number, send me a text or something.

I don't need any pictures of the menus, they may change between your cruise and when the Wonder repositions, I just know that I want to go to Palo on Pirate night. I requested PTTAPTA seating, so we'll see if I get it.

Excellent news! :banana::banana::banana:

I'm sorry you've been stressed. I hope your appetite comes back soon.

I'm so happy about this news! And thank you :goodvibes

We're going to arrive on Thursday afternoon and hopefully wrap up Saturday afternoon. If we have to we'll stay Saturday night, but we're hoping to be on our way on Saturday. I lost my phone since we last got together, so if you still have my phone number, send me a text or something.

I don't need any pictures of the menus, they may change between your cruise and when the Wonder repositions, I just know that I want to go to Palo on Pirate night. I requested PTTAPTA seating, so we'll see if I get it.

For some reason I was thinking you would be here on Tuesday :confused3 Not sure why I made that up in my head. Late thursday afternoon I have a dentist appointment and have family dinner that night. Otherwise i'm free after dinner that Thursday. Friday we're taking off for the coast for a night after work. So if you're not too exhausted on thursday night, let me know!

Oh good, i'm really glad you requested a specific seating. From what I heard, they are really good about getting the dining you want. Do you know which night you want to request Palo on?

For some reason I was thinking you would be here on Tuesday :confused3 Not sure why I made that up in my head. Late thursday afternoon I have a dentist appointment and have family dinner that night. Otherwise i'm free after dinner that Thursday. Friday we're taking off for the coast for a night after work. So if you're not too exhausted on thursday night, let me know!

Oh good, i'm really glad you requested a specific seating. From what I heard, they are really good about getting the dining you want. Do you know which night you want to request Palo on?

I forgot to congratulate you on DH making a decision on the job. I think it's best he sticks with PE since that's what he loves.

Send me a text so I have your number. I have a feeling that we will be having a late dinner Thursday, but who knows what will happen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter