MIB tips for left and right hand lanes

Thanks so much MIB! I met you one day while I was riding, I think, two years ago. I've done so much better since then. You referred me to this site whenever I was leaving, and I just found the thread again :). Thanks so much.

-Channing

Hope it helps. The original handbook works, the later posts may get into more detail of exactly where the sensor is on a specific target. Like the drop-down boys. We knew we got points in the early days, we just did not know ezxactly where the sensors were. Just from observation, we know these sensors are on the beam that forms the square the drop-down boys, drop thru. Plus if you are on the sensor, these are multiple hit sensors and can really rack up some big points.

:cool2:

Im heading down to US this week tues-thurs. I remember loveing this ride, when i last went, maybe 6 years ago, and being able to get approx 600k. My goal is to max out this week!

Well just wrapped up my trip to USF. 3 days, many a round of MIB each day. Started in the 300K. By the end of day 1 - 650K. End of day 2 - 773K. Finally today went early....made friends with some ride MIB agents at the ride (yay not making us go all the way around the line set up when it was busy also had VIP tix anyways). Got my first 999,999 on one of the rounds. :goodvibes

Congrats on the max out.

Now the next step is to max out 90% of the time while trying to max out 2 guns in one pass!:cool2:

OMG 10 years and 49 pages! :thanks:This is amazing! Great advice but I will not share with my husband this time (I gave him tips on TSM and he beat me very time) I Have to study now for my October trip :thumbsup2:teacher:

Tina:laughing::dancer:

It's again time for our annual pilgrimage to the best ride ever. Would love to ride with one of the experts and would also be happy to help anyone who'd like some tips.

From catching up on the last year of posts - congrats to shemeno for maxing out! And kudos to the master MIB999999 for that amazing 2 gun score. That would really be something to watch. I'm especially awed at doing that on a full ride. I have a tough time maxing when the ride is really busy - too many dots near my targets and the chance of getting your car spun.

Best I ever did on a 2nd gun was mid 200's and that was after getting 408,xxx by the time I was done with Frank. I think I counted 10 hits on Frank that run. The blinds in the ambush were still working that day back in 2009. I'm not very good after the drop down bugs as I had already maxed the first gun on my first shot after the scan.

I hope to see any fans of MIB at the park Sept 30 - Oct 5. My wife and I will stay at the resort, so can meet folks just about any day or time.

Trip got off to a good start. Maxed out first 3 times after a year off without needing the bonus. Inside and outside lanes working well.
A few initial observations:
Frank is now worth 20,000 points and he appears to shut off after the tenth time you hit him. The fire hydrant is working, got up to 7 hits one time.
I think that the eyes in the second story window on the "run for the bug" are still not working as others have reported. I think that the eyeglasses billboard "eyes" are working again, but not certain.
After a good start on the day (at least a dozen rides) I got my butt kicked by the gun in the front right seat of car 32. I tried hard all the way through the ride (except for skipping the bonus) and could only manage 175,000! I never did figure out where that gun was pointing.
If anyone has something they'd like me to check out, I'll be here for a week and will probably ride at least 50 times. Crowds are light in the day.

Although this is way too far in advance, I just wanted to mention to our MIB experts that I'm scheduled to spend one day at USF on 2/13/12, which I plan to spend as much time as possible on MIB training and practice. This is a Monday, and during the off season, I expect crowds to be light. (Do they still let you use the baby swap passage on days like that?)

If anyone wants to join me to share their expertise, I'm happy to work with anyone, whether it be at opening, mid-day, or near closing. For the record, I tend to visit Universal about once every three years, so I'm not an expert - my typical score is probably around 300-400k, with a best of just under 500. I'm sure with some fine tuning from an expert I could get up a lot higher. If I could max out one gun even once, I'd be thrilled.

I just hope that going through that spin at the end over and over again doesn't scramble my brain too badly. At my age, I need to hold on to all the brain cells I can.

Just wanted to give a shout-out to whichever team member at MIB rode against my teenage sons this past Wednesday 11/2/11 and showed them quite a few things that they hadn't mastered after reading through the tips in this thread. My 19 yo was thrilled to finally max out and was able to score additional points with the 2nd gun.

Didnt' know if this team member was part of the DIS or not, but wanted to say thanks just in case he was. He obviously knew his stuff. :goodvibes

Greetings, MiB fans and experts.

Three weeks from today on 2/13 I am planning to be at USF, with my main reason to be spending a day trying to improve my technique and my score at MiB. Anyone want to come down and join me? (I only have one day available for Universal on this trip, and it will very likely stay on 2/13.)

I figure I'll be there all day, but I plan to take quite a few breaks to stop my head from spinning, so I'll go over and do Terminator, or watch the makeup show, or something calm like that. (That last spin under the bug really scrambles my brain sometimes.)

Also - any reports on the condition of the ride? For the last couple years, most of the news from our experts has been on stuff that *doesn't* work. Is it still like that? Is it harder than ever to max out?

I think my best is 482k, but with MIB999's most recent tips - ride through a couple times and look for sensors rather than shooting - I'm confident I can better that. I just skimmed through the whole thread again last week, looking for various tips, and detailed descriptions of things that might have been described very quickly in the original handbook.

Thanks, gang.

Also read somewhere recently that with a new MiB movie coming out this summer, the attraction might get some dress-up this year - maybe fixing a lot of what has stopped working. Any news or rumors about that?

Bumping up again to repeat my invitation for experts and other MiB aficionados to join me two weeks from today on 2/13 for a day of MiB training and practice. Looking forward to improving my score from a paltry 482k to something closer to 999.

PM me and we will try to coordinate times and locations.

Returned from my trip to USF last Monday, and wanted to publicly thank MiB legend Phamton, who came down and shot with me for about an hour.

She said my game was already in pretty good shape, but I got a few more tips that made me a little more consistent. Also allowed me a short-cut to re-riding that's even faster than the child swap ramp, but that one will remain a secret, as not everyone will be able to do it.

I was hoping to improve my scores to the 700k-800k range, but I actually improved my best to 920k - close, but not quite maxing out. Given the state of the ride, with a lot of sensors not working, or not working well, a score of 920k looks pretty good these days. If the ride does get a rehab this spring, as is rumored, maybe I'll be able to max out if we make it back next winter.

Spent almost the whole day riding - I think I figured out I went through the ride 33 times on the day, and by the last couple of hours, I was very consistent in the 560k-780k range. I can see where adding some additional targets, especially in the ambush area, would allow me to get more consistent at a higher level.

For the record, it looked like the fire hydrant guy was inactive, and I can't tell if I ever hit Frank or not. I also didn't seem to be able to score much from the drop-down guys, but that could be just because of my erratic aim.

One thing that last Monday re-confirmed, that MiB is my favorite theme park attraction anywhere. Too bad this never got added to US Hollywood, or I'd be there all the time.

Just came back after one week Universal/IA, MIB is the best ride. My record after 4 days was 735, the last day I went a lot of times and for the first time checked the cheats at my iphone to get the 999999, it was around 18:00 my new record, 975. Know I think i am really stupid I did not check this site at the beginning of my vacation. OK, now I have to plan another vacation to get the 999999.

Cant wait to try this!

esp since DD doesnt want to know any tips and tricks, she wants to be surprised! :rotfl2:

now I read that there are 2 types of guns - and they should have sound effects, but sometimes the sound effects arent working? any experiences anyone wants to share?

TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter