MIB tips for left and right hand lanes

Is the rumore true about MIB going into rehab this spring? We are coming May 24 & 25 and my husband would be very disappointed.

Just came back after one week Universal/IA, MIB is the best ride. My record after 4 days was 735, the last day I went a lot of times and for the first time checked the cheats at my iphone to get the 999999, it was around 18:00 my new record, 975. Know I think i am really stupid I did not check this site at the beginning of my vacation. OK, now I have to plan another vacation to get the 999999.

Is there an Iphone app for the cheats?

Just arrived in Orlando for a visit to my favorite ride anywhere, MIB! I hope the ride is working well. I'd love to meet up with other fans to enjoy riding together. A very nice ride operator showed me newer (to me) places to shoot in the training area last year and I got up to a new personal best of 451,725 on the second gun after maxing on the first gun. I had a really good gun on that run and got a LOT of hits on the "waving tentacle" gun. I had two other runs where I got in the mid 300's on the second gun. On my good runs I was usually the only person in the ride vehicle.

Could anyone say where the sensor is on the big blue rat that goes back and forth in the ground floor window in Chinatown on the inside? I think it has been a 30k point repeater, but I could not hit it on my 2011 trip. I thought the sensor was about where a heart would be in the upper torso.

Can you get any points in the ambush now that the window sensor doesn't (didn't) work? I wonder if it was originally set up to give a big bonus to everyone if you quickly shot ever single ambusher. Does anyone know? I usually just try to shoot behind at a window in Chinatown and then ahead at the eyes in the trees if a car ahead of me activated them.

Any advice on what to shoot at during the "run for the bug" at the end if you are on the inside track and there is no other car where you can shoot at the exhaust port? I haven't seen the eyes in the second floor window work for a long time. I don't know what else to shoot. It's usually very slow on the days I ride and there often isn't another car to shoot at.

I haven't checked this year to see if it is still there, but I do know of a repeater 30k target that I don't think anyone has mentioned in 10 years. It is one that everyone just assumes doesn't work, but it has, in fact worked for the last 5 years. It's mostly only useful if you are there are only 2 people on the ride (hint). I don't want to post it as I feel bad about them changing the value on Frank after I posted about that (coincidence?) and I'm paranoid that the MIB techs might read this thread. I do a lot of ride research and know the specific point values of many of the good targets. Feel free to contact me if you have specific questions, but I don't want to post a point list.

Sorry for such a long post, but I just LOVE THIS RIDE!

Did the drop-down guys seem to be working? How about the alien in the trash can between the tracks, right about in the same area?

Just arrived in Orlando for a visit to my favorite ride anywhere, MIB! I hope the ride is working well. I'd love to meet up with other fans to enjoy riding together.
Wish I could be there! Have a great time. I wonder if MIB999999 (thread op) is still around?

I look every time,but where is Spielberg?!?!

After this ship to the right will be an alien reading a newspaper on a bench. Hit the alien once for the newspaper to go down. After the newspaper goes down you will see the alien version of Steven Spielberg.

After this ship to the right will be an alien reading a newspaper on a bench. Hit the alien once for the newspaper to go down. After the newspaper goes down you will see the alien version of Steven Spielberg.
That is awesome!!

Did the drop-down guys seem to be working? How about the alien in the trash can between the tracks, right about in the same area?

The first drop down bug on the outer track is working and is good for about 3 hits before it shuts off. I assume it is still 30,000 per hit, but I have not checked on this trip. The second drop down bug on the outer track does not seem to be working, but I haven't seen both of them working at the same time for several years. I am not sure if the drop down bug is working on the inside track, I only rode inside once and we got spun.

The fire hydrant alien in the "crash landing" area has not been working at all this week. The ride operators said they knew it was broken. The eyes in the second story window of the last area before the big big bug are still not working.

I haven't tried in a long while, but I've never seen the alien in the trash can between the tracks (after the scan) work. I've seen a few posts about it being worth hundreds of thousands for multiple hits, but I thought it was an urban myth. Does it ever actually work?

The gun in the right rear seat of car # 5 (I was on the outside track) is awesome!! I counted 20 hits on the exhaust port of the opposing car and it worked well in other areas too. I maxed that one shortly after the drop down bugs but did not switch to another gun.

I haven't checked this year to see if it is still there, but I do know of a repeater 30k target that I don't think anyone has mentioned in 10 years. It is one that everyone just assumes doesn't work, but it has, in fact worked for the last 5 years. It's mostly only useful if you are there are only 2 people on the ride (hint). I don't want to post it as I feel bad about them changing the value on Frank after I posted about that (coincidence?) and I'm paranoid that the MIB techs might read this thread. I do a lot of ride research and know the specific point values of many of the good targets. Feel free to contact me if you have specific questions, but I don't want to post a point list.

OK, I apologize for being a tease about this. My "secret" sensor no longer works. A ride operator (Jeremy?) showed this to me years ago. He said that all the other sensors had been cannibalized out of the "big big bug" (at the end of the ride) to use as spares in other parts of the ride. However, there were still one (or possibly 2) of the sensors working in the big big bug. I confirmed this many times over the years. I think there may have been 2 sensors as a fellow rider saw me get hits for both 30,000 points and 15,350 points while shooting. I can definitively say that it is no longer working as of this fall. On one of my rides, we actually got stopped right in front of the big big bug for over a minute and I hammered away at every sensor I could see on the left side of the big big bug. None of them worked, including the one(s) that used to work on the inner side of the eyebrow of the upper eye. Most of the time, you were better off going for the 100k bonus, but if you were the only person in the car it was worth (if you cared) hitting these sensors and waiting till the last moment to claim the bonus. Oh well.

I do wish they would take better care of the ride. Heck, if they can't find any more sensors, I'd help track them down (and pay for them) back in Silicon Valley if they'd only install them. Just send me an email Universal and let me know the part number.

To everyone who has posted tips on this thread -- thank you!

I went on MIB for the first time earlier this year, and basically got laughed at by all the aliens and Will Smith. Clearly unacceptable. So in anticipation of our next visit to Orlando (which was last week), I found this thread, printed out the tips, and read through it a few times before getting to the park.

I wasn't able to keep most of the specific target info in my head, but enough of it stuck that on my first ride through, I scored 377k. I realize that you all could do better than that with your eyes closed, but since that represented approximately a 750% improvement over my previous score, I was quite pleased.

But the best part of all was that it got me the suit! Yippee! :cool1:
Having achieved that, my visit to Universal was complete, so I turned the rest of the park choices over to my husband, and everyone was happy.

I aim to improve on our next visit, but in the meantime, I'm enjoying the success of the moment.

So thanks all! :thumbsup2

The best thing is that you reached a point where you're good enough at the game that you can now enjoy it.

the most difficult part about the tips in this thread is that the game moves so quickly that it's hard to see everything, or to remember what it is you're looking for at which part of the game. Plus, if you aren't familiar with where everything is and what it looks like, sometimes the descriptions don't really help you.

If you're like me, and you make it to Uni once every three years or so, your vacation probably doesn't let you ride MiB over and over to try out the tips, so you have to make the most of a few trips through. I was lucky enough earlier this year to have a few ride-throughs with Bev (Phamton), one of the MiB legends. She helped me a lot, but I still would like to ride through with her again.

The other difficulty is that as the years have gone by, sensors have changed, or even disappeared, so some of the tips in this thread don't apply any more. I get the feeling that the ride could really use a major rehab to put it back into the condition it was in when this thread began.

Can this work on both sides?

Can this work on both sides?

theoretically, yes. But it's a much more difficult shot, and you're quite a bit farther away. It may just look like a guy holding a newspaper.

no one asked, but this is also the area where Frank is found. I have hit Frank from the left side in the past, but I wouldn't recommend it - there are much better targets to hit in that area. Frank's definitely a right-hand side target.

If you're like me, and you make it to Uni once every three years or so, your vacation probably doesn't let you ride MiB over and over to try out the tips, so you have to make the most of a few trips through.

Exactly -- not to mention the presence of a husband and children who aren't quite as interested as I would be in spending the whole trip just repeatedly going on MIB. (Alas for their varied interests!) ;)

Maybe at some point they'll just want a pool day and I can sneak off to MIB...

I went on MIB for the first time earlier this year, and basically got laughed at by all the aliens and Will Smith. Clearly unacceptable. So in anticipation of our next visit to Orlando (which was last week), I found this thread, printed out the tips, and read through it a few times before getting to the park.

I wasn't able to keep most of the specific target info in my head, but enough of it stuck that on my first ride through, I scored 377k. I realize that you all could do better than that with your eyes closed, but since that represented approximately a 750% improvement over my previous score, I was quite pleased.

But the best part of all was that it got me the suit! Yippee! :cool1:
Having achieved that, my visit to Universal was complete, so I turned the rest of the park choices over to my husband, and everyone was happy.

I aim to improve on our next visit, but in the meantime, I'm enjoying the success of the moment.

So thanks all! :thumbsup2

Congratulations, that's great! I too would like to thank all the folks who've done the research over the years and posted the hints. Many of us have had a lot more fun on the ride than we could have without your help.

This may help people who have ridden the ride enough to be able to find the targets I briefly describe. So, these tips are more for experienced riders who are trying to improve their score. I'll use terminology that others have used before in talking about the areas and the targets, so it would help to go back and read the beginning of this thread started by MIB999999.

General comments - if you have the chance to go on the ride when it is not busy, that is the best time to learn and practice. If there aren't a lot of other laser dots confusing you, it is much easier to find where the sensors are and to improve your aim. You can also more easily hear the sound effects from the high value targets.

TRAINING AREA - (thanks to a ride operator for showing me newer, better targets in this area). My best score in Oct, 2012 was 192,XXX in the training area and I usually get about 120,000 or so. It is easier when you are alone. If the other riders aren't shooting at my targets, I'll shoot at only 2 targets for as long as I can.

#1: The target directly over the outside (left side) track. You will go right under it. Around 10 hits are possible. #2: Then go for the swinging target that is again right over the track ahead of you. You will pass under it just before you begin to curve to the right. I go for the upper sensor on this one and just keep hitting it. #3: Depending on your seat, you may be able to hit the target on the floor on your left side that moves toward you as you near it. I usually sit in the right rear seat and the other riders are in the way of this target. It's tough to get many hits on this target.

THE CRASH SITE AND TOWN AREA: I usually try to shoot all the way across the tracks to hit Frank on the other side, but I rarely hit him even once. The car on the other track has to get pretty close to Frank before he activates.

#1: Hit the sensor on the baby carriage (right where the top meets the base. this is where the baby pops up if you hit it). I think this is good for three hits.

#2: The alien on the fire hydrant in the middle between the tracks. It wasn't working on this trip, but I go for the sensor on the side of the snout/nose. I think this is good for at least a half dozen hits.

#2 b: If the fire hydrant is broken (very frequently), I shoot at the upper right hand window of the building on the left. It's a little past the fire hydrant. The two sensors are in the middle of the window. This is the one with horizontal blinds and an alien in the upper half.

#3: As soon as it becomes visible (sooner in the right side seats than the left), I shoot straight ahead and across both tracks at the second story window on the left side of the building ahead of you. The sensors are on the window divider. I don't think it matters, but I prefer the sensor on the left side. This is a pretty easy target to hit and I just stay on it until the car gets spun. I sometimes even manage to hit it while we are spinning. This target makes a "breaking glass" noise every time you hit it. This window is in the building to the left of the big alien at ground level that shoots at you and spins your car. Note that you do need cars ahead of you to activate this target early enough so that you can shoot at it before you've even passed the fire hydrant.

#4: If your gun and aim are really good then switch to the sensor on the "gun" that the tentacled alien in the second story of the building across the tracks from you is waving. If this is too difficult, then just keep shooting back at target #3.

#5: The alien in the last window before you go into the ambush. This is a 3D alien that lights up and (I think) raises up. It is across the tracks from you in the second story window. The sensors are on the window sill at the bottom of the window.

THE AMBUSH - My best score last week was about 820,000 going into the ambush. I'm satisfied with anything over 400,000, but prefer to be in the 500's or 600's.

Targets: NONE! I can't find any targets worth points (any more) in the ambush, so I either try to shoot way behind me at the second story window that has the curtains that open when you shoot it, or (if a car ahead of you left them active) I try to shoot at the eyes in the trees on the left side up ahead. regardless of lack of targets, don't forget to always hold down the trigger.

BEFORE THE SCAN: Shoot at the eyes in the trees on the left hand side. Whenever I've tested them, they were all the same value, but the ride techs definitely do make changes from time to time.

POST SCAN: If you are worried that no one else in your car will spin the opposing car, then quickly do it yourself. If you can rely on your car mates (or the opposing car is empty) then:

#1: Shoot the drop down bugs. They are worth more than the exhaust port on the opposing car. They aren't always working. I haven't seen the 2nd bug on the left hand track work in a long time. (I think this may be intentional to "equalize" the 2 tracks since the sensor in the ambush on the other track no longer works.) They do deactivate, so 3 hits or so is all you can expect.

#2: Any time they aren't spinning, shoot the exhaust port of the other cars.
I've gotten as many as 20 hits before, but you have to be in the correct seat (rear inside seat is good) AND you have to have a gun/port combination that is "happy". I've had runs where my gun (or the opposing car) just refuses to register hits on the exhaust port. This takes lots of practice and you just can't count on getting a lot of points from the exhaust port.

Alternate targets (the other car is spinning or it just won't register on exhaust ports) - THe eyes in the movie posters on the inside wall near the drop down bugs, then the single eye in the store window (low, left area of the window), then the parking meter eyes.

EATEN BY THE BUG: Don't forget your 100k bonus from the "big red button".

My earliest "max" was in the trees before the scan. Unfortunately, that run I just could not register exhaust port hits, so my efforts with a second gun didn't go well. My highest score on a second gun was 461,025 (including the 100k bonus, but only on the 2nd gun). I did have 3 other riders in the front row on that run.

I hope this helps some of you get over the plateau from being excellent to being able to 999,999 from time to time.

Good luck!

I learned a ride tip that probably everyone here knows but I am new to the Universal board and we just got back from our first trip there. If you want to ride again you go right towards the child swap at the top of the exit stairs instead of left to the gift shop. We had express passes so the attendant would put us right into the line. I don't know if it works if you don't have the pass and the line is long.

We actually stopped doing it one day when the wait was long because my Wife felt guilty! I maxed at 475K and change and she did a 350. Now I will read all these tips and do better next year.

You're right that this tip will only work when the line is quite short - or it may also work if you have FOTL privileges. In that case, it saves you the time of walking out and around, but it can't be used to jump ahead of guests that you wouldn't otherwise be allowed to jump ahead of.

There is a similar tip that *will* work all the time. If you exit the attraction by the normal ramp to the left, shortly before reaching the gift shop you'll come to an ordinary-looking door on your right. Pretty sure it has a push bar on it. If you go out this door, you'll find yourself in the area for the single-rider line, and you can head back in with no questions asked.

This one doesn't save you as much walking, but it can be used pretty much all the time. Even if you don't want to use single rider, I think from this exit it's not difficult to get back to the regular entrance, so you've still saved a little bit of walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter