Mickey's Backyard BBQ??

Mickeylover6

Tinkerbell Rocks!
We just scheduled Mickey's Backyard BBQ for our May trip. Has anyone done this? What's it like? Is there a show or games? Is there character interaction. It sounded cute but I couldn't find a whole lot of info on it. Thanks!:jester:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Howdy folks!!!!!
The backyard bbq was a hoot in 2000 !The food was above average,The country music was good and the line danceing was also fun,yes there is allott of interaction for the two hours or so!It rained but the good news its in a covered area! Sit back and get reday to have a Disney Day
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I have reservations for the Hoop De Doo in May, but am wondering if this might be more fun for our son who is 4. He loves to dance and sing....any thoughts???:jester:

I am going in April to it too, sounds pretty cool. Have vouchers for it also, thanks for the info.

We did this in April 2000 and had a great time. The food was mediocre, the music was fun and we have the best video of my then 3 yo dd dancing with Chip n Dale.

We enjoyed it. We also 'discovered' Fort Wilderness that trip and stayed there the next year we loved it so much.

We went over early to allow for some recharge time from MK. My daughter loved seeing the animals there and playing in the childrens area. It seemed so peaceful there compared to the hustle and bustle of the parks.

Wow! You have vouchers for the BBQ? Where do you get those? That's the first time I've heard of vouchers for that. That's fantastic! We'll be there May 22. How about you?

told me that I could use them for that. Wait...doesn't say, but they told me I could, I will have to e-mail them and ask..

Blondie

We also did the Backyard BBQ in April 2000. While the food was ok, my DH had no problem making sure he got his fill, when they say "all you can eat", they mean it, definately plenty food and beverage (both soda and wine). The interaction with the characters was very good, in fact our DS's enjoyed the characters there better than in the parks (much more time). The country band was good but a bit loud, but with a little cotton to remedy the situation, all was well.

The games are old fashion carnival games, nothing fancy, but the kids enjoyed them (they were 2 & 4).

The best was the family picture they take before hand (even though the 2 year old was sound asleep in the stroller), but none the less a really nice momento.

Also plan on meeting lots of people from everywhere. The seating is rows of long picnic tables, you sit where ever.

Have a great time!

I feel that I must share my experience with the Backyard BBQ. We were extremely disappointed with it. We went in May 2001 and thought it was terrible. The food, however, was pretty good. It is served buffet style and you eat on paper plates at big, long picnic tables. It was very crowded and very loud. We left with huge headaches. We went so that the kids, ages 9, 7 and 3, could interact with the characters. That was the biggest disappointment. They announced that the characters would be out to sign autographs. They did and we lined up, just as you would at the parks. Then they announced that the characters were leaving. That was it. They did this twice while we were there. There was no interaction at all! The kids didn't like it at all and we ended up leaving early because they were complaining and wanted to leave. The Hoop-di-doo was so much better. We're going to do that again this May. I recommend that, if you have a choice, go to the Hoop-di-doo and have fun.

I went to the BBQ in 1998 when my kids were 4 and 7. The food was good but the kids were bored. We tried to leave early but had to wait ages for a bus to get back to our car.

Libby

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter