microwave in the room?

Just to let anyone that might want to know, I checked with Fedex and UPS and it would be around $15 with fedex and $20 with UPS to ship the microwave back home. FedEX website shows drop off stores all over orlando. Since I am staying the last part of my trip at Universal, I checked and there is a location about 2 miles away. Also there is a drop box right outside of the UO complex (although I really doubt that a microwave would fit into a drop box!) Anyway that would solve the getting it home question.. Now I just got to worry about getting nabbed my the "microwave police"!!!LOL
Just wanted to bring some humor back here! Maybe I should do a poll how many would object to your neighbor nuking himself a weinee in his own private "unofficial disney" microwave?

Originally posted by Deb & Bill
Cooking in the rooms is really discouraged. Eat your cereal, drink your coffee, but please don't cook a meal in the room. If you can't afford the room and eating, try booking a less expensive room and use the savings for your meals. These rooms really aren't meant for preparing meals using electronic or electric devices. :confused:
Not to be rude or anything but I just have to ask...
Any objections to building a firepit in the middle of the room?

If cooking in your room is discouraged, then WHY do they rent mircowaves and fridges in the first place?

And Billy I have no problem with a fire pit just make sure the smoke doesn't go out your glass door onto the patio and bother your neighbors!LOL (its a joke people don't flame me)

This debate isn't as popular as smoking, pool-hopping and refillable mug use...but it's an old one. They all start with a "what is the rule" question and end up with sarcastic opinions on what the op "should" do. The op didn't ask for anyone's opinion on whether or not they "should" use/bring a microwave. They asked if they "could".

The answer as of 2000 at the Yacht Club is yes, you can bring your own microwave. They do provide them free of charge on an "as available" basis. You can't request one in advance.

I believe all the deluxe resorts have microwaves available. I know the WL did as of 12/02. There is no charge and as far as I know, no resort that offers them charges a fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter