Military discount on tickets

hilaryjudsong

Mouseketeer
Hello. I am new to this military discount thing. What is the best course of action when booking a Disney Resort vacation as a retired military person. I will be taking my girlfriend and her two daughters ages 18 and 13. Please advise. Thank you!

Shades of Green has discounted Disney tickets and great rates for rooms. It's on Disney property so you still get the emh perks.

It somewhat depends on your length of stay for the ticket side of things. Currently they have a 4 day hopper for $196 (if you buy from Shades of Green, there is no tax). But longer stays with more days in the park you'll need to calculate out what price works best. There are discounted military tickets, but I'm not sure of that pricing. Shades of Green is based on rank, so check out their website for where you as a retiree will fall into it. We head down this Thursday for our first stay, so i can comment more on the facilities then!

When are you planning to travel? The Disney Armed Forces Salute includes retirees. For 2017, there is a ticket option for a 5 day Park Hopper ticket. Also, Disney resort hotels have discounts (how much depending on value/mod/deluxe). I'm not sure what rate category you fall into at Shades of Green, but it may be cheaper to stay at a Disney resort hotel using the Armed Forces Salute. As mentioned above, there are certain blackout dates.

Also if you can, buy your ticket vouchers before you arrive. Buying from any ITR office on post will save you the sales tax. You can link them to your My Disney Experience so you can make your FP+ reservations in advance (60 days if staying in a Disney resort hotel). Then you just have to take them to Guest Services and activate them at Disney Springs or one of the theme parks.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter