• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military Discount

brockash

DIS Veteran
Has anyone heard anything about any military discounts for 2023? I'm getting concerned. I don't think we've ever waited this long/far out in the year (usually see something by the end of September).

Anyone think they won't offer one? Soms in my group want to do Universal instead of Disney...I am not one of them, but if Disney doesn't have a military discount, then I don't think I'll have much of a leg to stand on when we can do Universal for so much cheaper...just don't think we could justify it.

I am nervous too. Last year they didn't release it until the beginning of the December. I hope that isn't the same this year; I have an early January trip. Let's hope for some fairy dust!

Pretty sure this is going to be released at the end of the year going forward, like they did last year, since the offer expires mid December every year. The old days of them releasing in September are over.

Huh, I totally didn't realize they didn't release until Dec. last year. Thinking back though; when they released there was next to nothing available for our Feb. break so we ended up staying at Shades for the first time. Shades of Green was fine, but I don't really think we're planning to stay there again. No that I'm thinking more about it; I believe the discount was much less than years past for both our Feb and Aug dates and we ended up not staying with a Disney hotel because of it either time - first in 2 decades. Hopefully tix discounts are at least decent....darn it, I guess I was thinking the military discounts for resorts we had been used to.

Huh, I totally didn't realize they didn't release until Dec. last year. Thinking back though; when they released there was next to nothing available for our Feb. break so we ended up staying at Shades for the first time. Shades of Green was fine, but I don't really think we're planning to stay there again. No that I'm thinking more about it; I believe the discount was much less than years past for both our Feb and Aug dates and we ended up not staying with a Disney hotel because of it either time - first in 2 decades. Hopefully tix discounts are at least decent....darn it, I guess I was thinking the military discounts for resorts we had been used to.
Google tells me they released the 2022 discounts on November 15, 2021. I hope it's not any later than that this year. We have a DVC room booked end of January and need some tickets...

Since the offer expires in the middle of December each year, it will likely be released at the end of the year, just like it did last year.

Could any of you clarify the requirements for a "military discount"? I found this:

Disney Armed Forces Salute Eligibility​

• Current Military (AD, Reserve, Guard)
  • Retired Military (AD, Reserve, Guard)
  • 100% Military Disabled
  • US Cadets
  • Foreign Allied Military with US Issued CAC
  • Commissioned Corps of the PHH and NOAA
One member of my party was drafted by the Army during the Vietnam era, and he survived. Does he qualify? He wasn't a 20-year career retired military, he was drafted and sent overseas. Looking at the qualifications list, it looks like people who were drafted and survived "don't count".
???

You might want to look into this at Shades of Green:
Through the Shades of Green “Salute to Our Veterans” program, all military veterans who have received an honorable discharge have an opportunity to vacation at Shades of Green during January and September. Reservations are subject to availability.

Could any of you clarify the requirements for a "military discount"? I found this:

Disney Armed Forces Salute Eligibility​

• Current Military (AD, Reserve, Guard)
  • Retired Military (AD, Reserve, Guard)
  • 100% Military Disabled
  • US Cadets
  • Foreign Allied Military with US Issued CAC
  • Commissioned Corps of the PHH and NOAA
One member of my party was drafted by the Army during the Vietnam era, and he survived. Does he qualify? He wasn't a 20-year career retired military, he was drafted and sent overseas. Looking at the qualifications list, it looks like people who were drafted and survived "don't count".
???

No. He does not qualify. He is a veteran, which is not an eligible category for this particular offer unless he has been deemed 100% disabled by the VA.

Not sure if the discount is even more limited this year or if it is just that I've never tried to make weekend reservations...tried for a Thursday and Friday at the Ft. Wilderness Cabins, but Friday was unavailable, and I didn't want to bump it to Wednesday and Thursday because that would mess with the Universal portion of our trip (their discount is so amazing). I guess we will be looking at Shades of Green as well. I stayed there in 2011, it is a fabulous location and nicely-sized rooms, just not as themed as a Disney resort.

I had a few pre-existing A/S ressies in 2023 and I got 15 percent off of those....they were for late Feb, late Sept, and early December.

Pop is not included (again!).....Boo!

Definitely seems as limited, maybe more so than last yr, however the discount for the same weeks are all slightly better (cheaper) than last yr at all level resorts, so that was nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter