Military room discounts 2022 are now available

traviesojmt

DIS Veteran
The special offer section on the Disney World website now lists 2022 military room discounts.
This is from the website:

As a member of the US military, you can enjoy great rates at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels for stays most nights January 1, 2022 through December 16, 2022 when you book by December 16, 2022.

Discounts are not specifically listed and fine print at the bottom does list some excluded resorts.

The special offer section on the Disney World website now lists 2022 military room discounts.
This is from the website:

As a member of the US military, you can enjoy great rates at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels for stays most nights January 1, 2022 through December 16, 2022 when you book by December 16, 2022.

Discounts are not specifically listed and fine print at the bottom does list some excluded resorts.
Great....on the phone now with WDW!

Hi :wave2: We called around 7:10 am and a recording said there a two hour hold time and if
you like us to call you back please press 1. So we did. Now waiting . We are booked for December first week at AKL fingers crossed .
Are they still having up to 40% deluxe,30% moderate and 25% value???

Hi :wave2: We called around 7:10 am and a recording said there a two hour hold time and if
you like us to call you back please press 1. So we did. Now waiting . We are booked for December first week at AKL fingers crossed .
Are they still having up to 40% deluxe,30% moderate and 25% value???

We called right at 7am and was told a 12 minute wait. We have now been waiting 45 minutes. The disney website did not list specific discount amounts. A travel agent on a facebook page I watch did list those same discounts but I do not know if it is accurate.

I am feeling completely deflated that Pop is excluded.

...............and some of the dates only offered A/S preferred rooms which also bumped the price up.

We have always been a Pop military family.

Apparently nothing at all for Presidents week. Pretty disappointing.

Also, for Aug. dates Movies was a 15% discount. POR was only slightly better at about a 17% discount and Boardwalk was almost 30% (about 28%.) Definitely not very good discounts in our minds... ugh.

Definitely glad we booked a backup at Shades of Green when we did. I was hoping to get a decent discount at least for 1 of trips to do 1 at Shades and 1 at Disney, but it's looking much more likely we'll be staying at Shades for both.

Last edited:
on the line now to try and change an exisiting reservation I have for April. We currently have a one bedroom at Saratoga Springs, and just want to switch it to the cheaper military rate, or possibly upgrade to a 2 bedroom, depending on the cost. Does anyone know if the DVC vllas are excluded?

on the line now to try and change an exisiting reservation I have for April. We currently have a one bedroom at Saratoga Springs, and just want to switch it to the cheaper military rate, or possibly upgrade to a 2 bedroom, depending on the cost. Does anyone know if the DVC vllas are excluded?

Per the disney website:

• Offer excludes the following Disney Resort hotels: The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
  • Offer excludes the following room types: 3-bedroom villas, suites in Moderate and Deluxe Resort hotels, Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.

Per the disney website:

• Offer excludes the following Disney Resort hotels: The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
  • Offer excludes the following room types: 3-bedroom villas, suites in Moderate and Deluxe Resort hotels, Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.
Awesome! Thank you so much!

We have now been on-hold for 84 minutes and we called at exactly 7:00am I am not feeling very optimistic.

We have now been on-hold for 84 minutes and we called at exactly 7:00am I am not feeling very optimistic.
I tried multiple times and got cut off after being on hold. Still on hold now...Never had such a hard time booking. Not sure this will be successful. Ugh

No hotels at all available with the military discount? Across all levels? That's the time we are looking to book. I am on hold now.
That's what she said...I asked like 3 times in 3 different ways cause I was pretty shocked... let me know if you have success. She seemedto know what she was talking about and was able to get me dates for Aug., but she said nothing property wide for Presidents week. I hope she's wrong.

We finally got through. The discount was not nearly as substantial as we hoped. We had the Port Orleans French Quarter standard view booked starting Jan. 19. They did NOT have a military discount to apply at French Quarter that week. We were able to move to Riverside. We went from a standard room to a woods room and saved 16%. Standard view was not available at Riverside. I really love French Quarter but we went ahead and moved to save a bit of money.

Just got off the phone, hold time was only 5 minutes!!! But none of the resorts we wanted were available already... :(
Booked AKL Savanna View but hoping to call back and try again to get what we want.

We finally got through. The discount was not nearly as substantial as we hoped. We had the Port Orleans French Quarter standard view booked starting Jan. 19. They did NOT have a military discount to apply at French Quarter that week. We were able to move to Riverside. We went from a standard room to a woods room and saved 16%. Standard view was not available at Riverside. I really love French Quarter but we went ahead and moved to save a bit of money.
FQ was not available for our dates either...I know it doesn't say FQ is excluded, but it'll be interesting to hear when/if any dates at FQ apply. Our dates in Aug. are not aroumd anything special or a busy time.

We just got off the phone. Disney called us back one hour we left a message for a call back. The cast member seemed very rush and
really didn’t want you to talk much. He just to
Modify and nothing more. Every time we ask a question he would said please hold waiting for
system to update… We are extremely busy.
We modify our rack rate to military rate . The discount rate wasn’t what we expected.. 28%
for AKL. We asked him and his reply was “well you are getting a discount right?” Well we are still going but that cast member didn’t make us feel welcome. We tried to ask him something but he just quickly put us to another recording.
We hope everyone else has a better Experience
then we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter