Military room discounts 2022 are now available

We just got off the phone. Disney called us back one hour we left a message for a call back. The cast member seemed very rush and
really didn’t want you to talk much. He just to
Modify and nothing more. Every time we ask a question he would said please hold waiting for
system to update… We are extremely busy.
We modify our rack rate to military rate . The discount rate wasn’t what we expected.. 28%
for AKL. We asked him and his reply was “well you are getting a discount right?” Well we are still going but that cast member didn’t make us feel welcome. We tried to ask him something but he just quickly put us to another recording.
We hope everyone else has a better Experience
then we did.
We had a great cast member (ours was a new booking though), but I was surprised at the smaller discount.

We just got off the phone. Disney called us back one hour we left a message for a call back. The cast member seemed very rush and
really didn’t want you to talk much. He just to
Modify and nothing more. Every time we ask a question he would said please hold waiting for
system to update… We are extremely busy.
We modify our rack rate to military rate . The discount rate wasn’t what we expected.. 28%
for AKL. We asked him and his reply was “well you are getting a discount right?” Well we are still going but that cast member didn’t make us feel welcome. We tried to ask him something but he just quickly put us to another recording.
We hope everyone else has a better Experience
then we did.

I am sorry you had a less than stellar cast member. Our cast member was extremely friendly. She wasn't bothered by the long wait at all. lol She was very talkative. She reminded us to make our dining reservations and verified we had park reservations.
While I am always grateful for a military discount, it was much lower than it had been in the past. 16% at a moderate is about half of what we have experienced in the past. I am not surprised though after I saw the annual pass room discounts. It does appear that all discounts will be much more scarce this year.

Just got off the phone and was able to switch from a standard 1 bedroom villa at Saratoga to a Preferred, and still saved $600 on a four night stay! They did have 2 bedroom units available but it was just going to be more money than we really want to spend right now.

I am sorry you had a less than stellar cast member. Our cast member was extremely friendly. She wasn't bothered by the long wait at all. lol She was very talkative. She reminded us to make our dining reservations and verified we had park reservations.
While I am always grateful for a military discount, it was much lower than it had been in the past. 16% at a moderate is about half of what we have experienced in the past. I am not surprised though after I saw the annual pass room discounts. It does appear that all discounts will be much more scarce this year.
Thank you . We had better cast members in the past. We too noticed a major change with Disney this year. We too are always grateful for a military discount.

Just got off the phone after 1hr35min wait. My cast member was great. She was very helpful and patient as I went through 6 different dates trying to get Poly or GF. I had to settle for the Contemporary but we've stayed there before and really enjoyed walking to and from MK. Disney bound Nov 14-20! Can't wait to see the Christmas decorations again. We haven't been around that time since 2004.

Just got off the phone after 1hr35min wait. My cast member was great. She was very helpful and patient as I went through 6 different dates trying to get Poly or GF. I had to settle for the Contemporary but we've stayed there before and really enjoyed walking to and from MK. Disney bound Nov 14-20! Can't wait to see the Christmas decorations again. We haven't been around that time since 2004.
Can you tell me what ur % discount off was? Just trying to decide if it's worth another call.

We too are thinking calling back. Changing the dates. We just found out there blackout dates and the days we want are three blackout days which means we pay full rack rate and the other days are discount of 28%. But if we take the next week it is 30% . Everything is different.
We are still keeping deluxe just in case Disney
keeps the “park extra hours at night for deluxe”

Can you tell me what ur % discount off was? Just trying to decide if it's worth another call.
It was 25% off for the contemporary garden wing king room with final price being $3500 and some change. The club level was also available for $6600 after discount * faints *

Calculated that the savings are only 20% for our Port Orleans room. While it's nice they offered something (and I am so thankful for the military salute tickets!), I miss the bigger room discounts of years past.

I am feeling completely deflated that Pop is excluded.

...............and some of the dates only offered A/S preferred rooms which also bumped the price up.

We have always been a Pop military family.

We are a Pop military family as well. It's just the fact that the resort has become so in demand. It was already the best value resort on property but then with the refurb and skyliner it just doesn't make sense for them to discount it. I know it stinks though....

I was able to select a low priced week and get a 25 percent discount..........in that regard I feel pretty lucky.

EDIT- 2 hours later-- I made a mistake.......I only received a 15 percent discount.......not 25 percent

3/31 to 4/7 at A/S Music Std Room -- 1107.55 with tax

Last edited:
I was able to select a low priced week and get a 25 percent discount..........in that regard I feel pretty lucky.

3/31 to 4/7 at A/S Music Std Room -- 1107.55 with tax
Unless I'm missing something, that's a 15% discount. I just priced the same dates/room and total was 1303, so 1107 would be a 15% discount from the rack rate. The reason I was interested is because we just got quoted only 15% off value yesterday so I was curious. 25 off a value would've been much nicer, but it looks like 15 is the max for values.

The screenshot is regular price without tax...after tax it's the 1303 which is a 15% discount if you're getting it for 1107.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211117-120126_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211117-120126_Chrome.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Unless I'm m>so something, that's a 15% discount. I just priced the same dates/room and total was 1303, so 1107 would be a 15% discount from the rack rate. The reason I was interested is because we just got quoted only 15% off value yesterday so I was curious. 25 off a value would've been much nicer, but it looks like 15 is the max for values.

The screenshot is regular price without tax...after tax it's the 1303 which is a 15% discount if you're getting it for 1107.
You are correct......I made a mistake......I was comparing the daily rate without tax against the price with tax as listed on the Mousesavers website.

It is only 15 percent.

I will edit my original post

Thanks for the correction.

You are correct......I made a mistake......I was comparing the daily rate without tax against the price with tax as listed on the Mousesavers website.

It is only 15 percent.

I will edit my original post

Thanks for the correction.
I wish it was 25 :) I just wanted to double check because 25 off a value is something I could get on board with lol.

I wish it was 25 :) I just wanted to double check because 25 off a value is something I could get on board with lol.
It sounds like from these posts that the discount is apparently 15% for values (excluding Pop), 20% for moderates (excluding CBR) and 25-30% for Deluxe. I wonder if we will ever again see the 30% value, 35% moderate, 40% Deluxe discounts again. Hard to believe I paid less than $90 for a room at All-Star Music in January 2022.

It sounds like from these posts that the discount is apparently 15% for values (excluding Pop), 20% for moderates (excluding CBR) and 25-30% for Deluxe. I wonder if we will ever again see the 30% value, 35% moderate, 40% Deluxe discounts again. Hard to believe I paid less than $90 for a room at All-Star Music in January 2022.
I think 20 is the max for moderates...I wss quoted a 17% discount yesterday for POR. Honestly we were pretty disappointed by how much less the discount is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter