~*~ Mindyjoy's May 19 2012 Disneyland Wedding TR ~*~ Trip Report Has Begun!

oh where oh where could mindy joy be oh where oh where could she b :rolleyes1
we want updates! popcorn::

LOL I came to check on the thread, but I am also following on fb. I can only imagine its hard that she has the blogs, fb, twitter, DIS and her wedding! Mindy you are crazy!! :rotfl:

I had maid of DISHONOR issues. Dumped TWO MOH's and upgraded a bridesmaid to the duty. (Glad I did she came through). Lost a friend in the process. :confused3

Virtuous-I noticed a 10 year renewal! Congrats! :goodvibes I want to do a 10 year renewal at DL and because of mindy, I now know they have the escape package. We were originally married 2 years ago in vegas, just us and the 'rents and then this past september had our bigger traditional wedding. Now I want DL for our 10 year as well :rotfl: Guess I just love to marry him over and over again! :rotfl2:

LOL I came to check on the thread, but I am also following on fb. I can only imagine its hard that she has the blogs, fb, twitter, DIS and her wedding! Mindy you are crazy!! :rotfl:

I had maid of DISHONOR issues. Dumped TWO MOH's and upgraded a bridesmaid to the duty. (Glad I did she came through). Lost a friend in the process. :confused3

Virtuous-I noticed a 10 year renewal! Congrats! :goodvibes I want to do a 10 year renewal at DL and because of mindy, I now know they have the escape package. We were originally married 2 years ago in vegas, just us and the 'rents and then this past september had our bigger traditional wedding. Now I want DL for our 10 year as well :rotfl: Guess I just love to marry him over and over again! :rotfl2:

Thanks sica1799! :flower3: if u have the funds then i say GO 4 IT!! :laughing: No harm in marry him over & over again, at least its the same man :lmao:

Mindy- i will let u slide with no update on here yet bcuz ur budget fairytale site ROCKS!

Hi Everyone! Sorry I've been away so long. It's nice that you all want me back ... hehe.

So I'm here with a quick update. We are past the 4 month mark now .... :scared1:

I just went through our budget with a fine toothed comb and I had to make a few cuts to the budget - no chocolate favors, no rose petals on the aisle or tables, no tall floral centerpieces - but we are at a really good place with the budget. DF's parents are going to have to contribute waaay less than they expected so we are going to call them tomorrow with the good news. :banana:

To make up for the cuts I am going to make more fabric floral centerpieces, and we bought glittery paper for $1 to make confetti with our castle punch. DF has been punching it out in his spare time! He is really pitching in lately; it has been great!

Instead of the chocolate favors, we are doing a photobooth through our DJ! :woohoo: It is actually more expensive but we think our guests will enjoy it a whole lot more! Our DJ provides Disney hats as props (mouse ears, princess hats, Peter Pan, etc) so I think that will be really fun and unique for our guests.

Some bad news - our cat needs to have surgery on Monday :sad1: and yes, the cost needs to come out of our wedding budget, so I have to cut the vis-a-vis carriage. :sad1: I'm so sad but our cat is more important. So I'll get over it!!!

This past month has been all about our invitations! Wendy has gone above and beyond creating our invites and also our 3 inserts. I took everything to Staples for printing and they came out great! We spent about $65 on printing, and I bought a paper cutter and DF has been cutting everything out. :worship: Then we need to assemble everything. It's going to be a lot of work but we are saving a ton of money by doing it ourselves.

We ordered all the supplies from Cards and Pockets. After getting our sample swatches we decided on the pockets in Flame, and the mat in Azalea. We also ordered envelopes and tissue sheets to put on top of the printed invite to keep everything nice. The total cost for 60 of everything was $105. We were trying to keep everything under $150 which obviously we aren't, but everything is coming out so amazing that we are okay with spending a little more. All in all I think everything will cost around $300.

Here is the pocket with the mat.

6780216727_f860b92ac0_z.jpg

I also found some potential earrings. They are kind of pink ombre! They were only $16 - lol - so they are obviously not real gems. But they are very sparkly and pretty. I'm not 100% sure I will wear these for the wedding.

6780217885_18ccaef9b3_z.jpg

I also experimented with shoes. I wrote all about it on my blog but basically I found some very comfy black shoes and tried to glitter them. They look okay but I'm not super thrilled with the outcome. I went online and found the same shoes in pink so I ordered those and I'm going to try to glitter them again we'll see how they look. :goodvibes

6780215459_ffa1ee25bd_z.jpg

We also ordered some personalized napkins from The Knot shop. For $40 we got 100 napkins in orange and pink.

6780211161_f5fdf6d36f_z.jpg

I also bought Tim's band off Amazon. Hehe. It was exactly what he wanted and I got it for $130, so can't really beat the price.

6780219419_95860a0726_z.jpg

I also found some hair inspiration on Four Weddings, of all places, haha. I like the little bump and the loose curls.

6780213511_c9f0693d22_z.jpg

AND FINALLY, to apologize for my prolonged absense, here is a sneak peek at my ribbon veil. :goodvibes :bride:

6780209389_8052272156_z.jpg

Thanks for continuing to follow along and I'll try not to be a stranger!!

Everything looks wonderful. I actually really like how the shoes have come out. I do love the ribbon veil.

Corinna

In order:
- Yay for being in a good place with the budget!
- Boo for your kitty having to have surgery, but at least he/she will feel better (and, so will you two)
- I love the colors of the invites. Kudos to DF for helping with the cutting and confetti punching!
- Those earrings are just kind of awesome (I'm a pink girl, too)
- I haven't had a chance to read your post about the shoes, but I'm glad you've got the chance to give it a second try.
- I like the castle on the napkins. I can't wait to see pictures of how your color scheme looks at the wedding.
- That's a really good deal for a ring! And, even better that it was what he wanted.
- I think I've seen Four Weddings once (I was turned of by how mean and backstabbing the girls were in the episode I saw), but that hairstyle is really pretty. Very elegant and whimsical.
- I cannot wait to see your ribbon veil! :goodvibes

Okay, I love your pocketfolds! I wanted to use Cards & Pockets but.. they don't have any deep turquoise pocketfolds. =[ Wah. Makes me sad. haha. But I can't wait to see how yours turn out! I'm so excited! I expect some pics.

Those earrings are just perfect for you. BTW, any pics of you in your dress?

The veil looks phenomenal. I really cannot wait to see it on you! I'm anxious. I want to know what it looks like. I have one picture in my head but I'm probably totally wrong. haha. =X

The shoes don't look horrible. I'd try another layer or 2 of glitter on them to see how they turn out??

I can't believe your day is coming up so soon! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your kitty!! I can't imagine how you feel! Keeping you and him in my thoughts!

I think the shoes turned out great. You're so creative! Can't wait to see the other pair you glitter. And that veil is so pretty...show us the rest of it, the suspense is getting to me ;)

Mindy,

I don't know how I missed this update a few weeks ago. My bad.

* Glad the budget seems under control. That's great to not be stressed at this point.
* I know I posted on facebook, but glad Walter is on the mend.
* Love the pockets. Can't wait to see them all put together.
* Really like the pink earrings. Good find.
* I did read your blog post about the shoes. Sorry they didn't work out the way you wanted. Hopefully the pink ones will be better. I am still on the hunt for the perfect shoes and I already have 2 pairs purchased. :)
* Love the napkins. We bought towels for the bathroom in pink and silver on a knot.com sale in November. Great price.
* Great price on the ring!
* Like the hairstyle. Love that it is a picture of your tv! ;)
* Love, love, love the ribbon veil. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

Congrats on 100 days!

I just have a quick update!

First of all, I had my first dress fitting with the alterations and it's great! She is making a few additional tweaks and I try it on again next weekend, and if it's done then I get to bring it home!

Here's a sneak peek - I am trying to decide between these two pairs of shoes.

IMG_3585.JPG

I also found this necklace online and had to snatch it up! It is pink jade and it reminds me of Mulan - "Beads of jade for beauty, you must proudly show it ..." They were on sale too, 70% off! So I got it for under $100.

necklace.png

I also finished my veil tonight! but I'm not going to post it because I want to keep some things a secret, in case any guests (or FH) are watching.

I agree with Corinna. I love the first pair of shoes. The color compliments the crinoline very nicely, and it looks like it would go well with the color of the necklace. :goodvibes

The 1st pair looks better with the pink underneath ur dress IMO... 70% off jewelry! thats my girl :cool1: aw man i would have luv 2 c ur veil :sad2: but i would want my guests/hubby 2 b surprised :goodvibes

Hey!

i LOVE the 1st pinker pair of shoes... they really set off the under skirt! :) Very pretty!

XXX

Do you get married the day after me!? Oh We are getting so so close now!

EXCITED!

xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter