Minnesotans Crusin' CA - Day 4

Minnesota

<font color=navy>Disney Commando<br><font color=re
Hi again! the computer lives. I would have posted this last night but I got hung up in a good movie. (Maid in Manhattan, Its a great movie) anyways here is Day 4. Thanks to all of you who are reading this, it means a lot to know I am not just taking up space.

Day 4 June 19, 2003

This morning we got up earlier than the day before because we had big plans for that day. Mom went and got another box of kleenex for me from housekeeping then we went and got pastries and juice again from the hotel. Once we ate, packed mor kleenex and film we headed into where none of us had gone before. Sounds a little like Star Trek. Of course like in any good Star Trek episode there is a slight detour.

We set out for California Adventure but they didn't open until 10:00 so we detoured into Disneyland again and finished Critter Country, Frontierland and Indiana Jones all by 10:30. By this time the line up outside California Adventure had disipated so we got our hands stamped and crossed over. Mom kept looking at me to know where to go but I had only read a few things and really had no idea where to go first either.

We started out in Hollywood Backlot and rotated around the park from there. We got tickets for Aladdin just before going into the Animation studio, display building place (I forgot the actual name, Inside Animation I think) We got through most of that when it was time to go see aladdin. We were really lucky to have had tickets and a priority seating voucher so we got really good seats and dad was able to get some really awesome pictures of the show with his digital camera and no flash (Which is all disney asks during this show)

Following that we went back and finished the Animation building and the backlot before moving to It's Tough to be a bug. Mom absolutly loved this show. She even posed for a picture next to one of the bugs out in the gardens by there and e-mailed the picture home to here boss. (A little explanation here. Mom is a Museum Program Director and when ever there are furry things like mice that make their was into the museum she takes care of them but when ever it is a bug her boss takes care of them by determining if it is serious enough to call an exterminator or if they can deal with it themselves. Whenever anyone finds a bug in the museum they scoth tape it to the Directors desk. When mom saw It's tough to be a bug she e-mailed the picture of her and a giant bug home with the subject ine of "Need more Scotch Tape" Possibly only Minnesotan humor there)

Anyways, following that we kept rotating around the park. Any rides that mom wouldn't go on she would take pictures of and also would go and get Dad and I fast Passes for what ever we still had to do and had a big line for. While walking on Paridise Pier a man and his family asked us if we wanted their fast passes to Soring Over California as they were leaving the park. We agreed and ended up going on that one 3 times. I loved it. Of course it took two times before I could actually smell the orange sents they put in over the orange groves. I was thrilled I could smell again at all.

We ate dinner that night at the mission Tortilla Factory, tacos on fresh Tortillas can't be beat in my opinion. Dad had a sourdough breadbowl salad from the bakery though.

After we finished everything we wanted to do in California Adventure, except the Grizly River Run, it was only 67 degrees and we really didn't want to come home sick(er), we went on a shopping spree in DTD spending about $200 between the 3 of us. I did get a hefty discount though with my Disney Club Card. By this time it was getting dark and even colder so included in that amount were 3 jackets. Never thought we would have to buy Jackets in Southern California in June when it was 80 degrees at night back home.

Warmer and with bigger visa bills we settled in at California Adventure to watch the Electric Light parade. We got a really nice spot on the street under Grizzly Peak. We were able to set up my mini tripod on a trash can and get one of the 2 pictures with all 3 of us in it (Smile at the Trash Can!). I was also able to get some beautiful shots of Paridise Pier at night. I was REALLY suprised at how well they turned out concidering I was shooting at night with 100 speed film in an auto camera. They look just like the professional Disney ones and I am thinking of entering them in our County Fair. I'll let you all know how they do if I enter.

We watched the parade then returned to our hotel for the night again participating in the nightly Anaheim Harbor Herd. The next day we were getting up really early (5:45am) and it was going to be Dad's Big Day.

PS If you were wondering, Yes My hands were still in hives but my nose was getting better, I guess I couldn't have everything

Coming Soon: Dad's Big Day! Where did we go? What did we see? and how did it give us troubles when we got home? tune in again soon.

Minnesota

<font color=navy>Again, I'm enjoying all of these trip reports. :)

I'm impressed that despite your discomfort you still have a good time - kudos to you!

And, I never heard of the Anaheim Harbor Herd - that one tickles me, and I'll think of that when we're leaving the parks. :)

Thanks, again, and I'm looking forward to reading about tomorrow's adventures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter