Mix-up with my "Canadian At Par" For Poly

DisneyLisa

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I just got a modified confirmation in the mail for my Poly reservation for "Canadian at Par" for 8 nights (originally booked for Oct 18-26th)...I can't believe it...for some reason, they changed my dates to Oct. 13-21st & increased the rate from $1620.88 to $2026.00 :(. I have our plane tickets & our flight arrives at MCO on the 17th so why would I change it to those dates :confused:.

I just got off the phone with "Guest Services" (transferred by CRO) and a "snarky" lady, like in Cass's incident, basically accused me making it up...said I could not have had that rate. She told me to fax my copy of the original confirmatiuon to her (which I did while I was talking to her) and said she'll call me back after she "reviews" it. I'm waiting...how frustrating :(. Let's see what happens.

Just figures doesn't it? Keep after them, and keep us posted.

Oh wow!!! How can they do that? They changed your rate and DATES????:eek: You have the confirmation from them....it doesn't make sense. :(

I hope they see things clearly soon, DLisa, as in your way......good luck and keep us posted!

That stinks! How can they do that... especially since they sent you a confirmation in the mail? :( I called the other day for October quotes and I didn't find the CRO agents very helpful. They certainly weren't like the agents I spoke to when I made reservations for my May trip. She was curt and it didn't sound like she wanted to make a reservation for me.

I'm crossing my fingers for you Lisa, I hope that everything will be straightened out. :p

What's really sad is that I got cut off twice while on hold (& I was definitely cut-off not just on hold). When I called CRO back the 3rd time, I was put me on hold again & the next thing I knew I could hear the CM & the woman from "guest services" discussing me. The GS woman said: "well she certainly is impatient isn't she, she hung up on us twice...she must be mad". I listened for another few seconds (it was obvious they didn't know I was connected & could hear them), then finally said "Hello, I'm here and I didn't hang up, I was cut off". Well you should have "heard" ;) the silence. Then it was "uhmm, your dates have been corrected and your deposit is due July 9th" (bonus - might make up for the "pain in the butt" this has been & the long distance calls :)). Of course after she said the dates had been corrected I asked for the price & it was the same amount as was on my Modified Reservation...you know the rest of the story. I was not impressed by her attitude...not the usual Disney Magic I usually feel when I call :(.

So I'm still waiting for a call back but I'm wondering if they'll just correct it & send me another confirmation. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Wow! Sounds like Disney needs to do some retraining of their CM's. I would call back and ask to speak to a manager. Keep going up the line, until you get this straightened out.

Why on earth would the dates be changed??

I can understand the rate changing - there was definately a glitch to our advantage on the first booking day - but why the difference in dates.. weird!

Well - if they give you any problem ask for Tesa - who is the manager/supervisor I spoke with who is honouring my original rate (thank goodness I received a confirmation)

Good Luck - let us know what happens

>>^..^<<

Hope it works out for you. It doesn't make sense that they would arbitrarily change the dates on you. It's sad that Disney (like so many companies) seems to be lowering its standards for customer service. I've never had a problem but that may just be luck on my part.

Let us know what happens.

Didn't you have a moderate booked at the same time as the Poly? Did you ever get that ressie confirmation and was it right?

Yes I do have the CSR booked but it is with the FTP Package and I made it after the Poly one. My confirmation for that one is fine and should remain so as it wasn't one of the low rates we were given for Canadian at Par that first morning. I'm wondering if they did this on purpose so they wouldn't have to honour the low rate...I wouldn't have thought so in the past but now I'm not so sure.

I faxed my original confirmation for the Poly to them yesterday but haven't heard back (& I didn't miss the call because I have call display & visual call waiting). When I tried to call CRO this afternoon to check the status, the dates had been corrected but the amount was still at the higher rate.

My reservation apparently now shows the deposit is due July 9th but the deposit on the original reservation was due today...makes me wonder what's going to happen about that but I'm not making it because as far as I'm concerned, if I make the deposit now, I'm accepting the new rate & I don't intend to do that.

When I told the CM what was going on, I was put on hold again & then told "I'm transferring you" ...I was sent to a voice mailbox for Disney Dining :confused: so I hung up. I'm just so fed up that I may just forget all this hassle with the Poly and go with the CSR. It's going to cost a lot in long distance calls if this keeps up :(.

I can't believe the poor service. Cass was lucky they dealt with hers so promptly.

I just cannot believe all of the trouble they are putting you through. I would still keep trying though, after all you have in writing your original rate and they should be honouring it.

Originally posted by DisneyLisa

Cass was lucky they dealt with hers so promptly.

Well Lisa - it really remains to be seen LOL

The supervisor "Tesa" said they would honour the rate if I paid locally - the hotel would still show the rate of 920.00 - but there would be "remarks" on the file that I only have to pay the 744.00

We shall see...

>>^..^<<

I don't understand that either. TA's go through this sort of thing all the time, but I would never let a client go to a destination with a higher rate showing on a promise that they only had to pay the lower rate! I can't figure out why Disney is being so stubborn about not giving you a new confirmation sheet.

Hi TimNDansMom..

I spoke to Tesa again because I was really still confused on this - she explained that "they" CRO - had to pay the resort the difference between the two prices - so she was putting remarks all over my reservation that I would only pay the lower amount... I will believe it when I see it.

I don't want to push my luck anymore by calling again.. look what happened to Lisa - they changed her dates!!

I just want to leave it alone now - for safety. :eek:

>>^..^<<

Wow! If that's the case, I wonder how much CRO is having to pay the resorts for the rate screw-up on the first day of the Canada @ Par deal? :eek:

I'll think positive thoughts that everything goes smoothly, on the day you check-in. :)

an entirely random thought for y'all - does anyone use Yak for LD phone calls? you just have to dial 10-15-945 before a call and it will only cost about 5-7 cents a minute. the cost shows up on your phone bill as "Yak communications." No monthly fees or charges - just a good low rate. Just in case anyone needs to spend a lot of time yelling at CMs in the next little while :)

www.yak.ca

Thanks lilsonicfan but I woke up with a headache this morning (& I very rarely get them :() so that tells me I'm worrying about this way too much. So I've decided to forget the Poly (you know what they can do with my reservation ;) ;)) and I'm going to go with the FTP at the CSR. There, I feel better now. ;) :teeth:

Originally posted by TimNDansMom
Wow! If that's the case, I wonder how much CRO is having to pay the resorts for the rate screw-up on the first day of the Canada @ Par deal? :eek:

Unfortunately - many people will think it was "there own" mistake and pay the higher rate - the CM's have a way of making you feel like you are stupid or making it all up :(

Unless you get a confirmation - you are out of luck

I will let you all know what happens with me at AKL :eek:

>>^..^<<

I have my original confirmation (luckily) but it's just not worth the hassle to me anymore...CSR here we come :).

Good luck when you check-in Cass...if they give you a hard time...don't back down ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter