Mix-up with my "Canadian At Par" For Poly

We're at the AKL Concierge the same time as Cass (we overlap 2 of the 3 days) but we've been fortunate in that there's been no change to our itinerary or rate since we booked. Hopefully we won't have any problem at check-in but I will make sure I have the confirmation with me.

I hope to take a laptop with us to WDW, so we can give updates while we're there. :)

- Mike

Hi Mike...

I'll have my confirmation too!

I sort of feel bad about it - after all, there was some kind of problem with the rate - it was too low - it is actually the rate for a deluxe poolview room - not even concierge.

We sure got a deal - we should have been paying 920.00 for concierge not 744.00 - anyone who called after the 15th would be paying this rate... so celebrate my friend :)

>>^..^<<

When I called the morning of the 15th, I was expecting the exchange rate to be 0.67, which I'd seen on Mary Waring's mousesavers.com website. At that rate, it works out to "pay for 2 days, get the 3rd for free" based on rack rates. I had to ask the CM 3 times: "You mean I can stay 2 nights without the at-par deal for $920 or 3 nights with it for $744?" That was a bit of a no-brainer and I booked it on the spot - it was only after I hung up that I determined the rate they used was closer to 0.52, and I've been grinning ever since. :p See?

We've never done concierge before, but I'm fully expecting WDW to take a major hit on this because our DS is now 14 and is always hungry. We should be able to more than make up the higher rates you pay for concierge in what we'll save on the food budget. :eek:

- Mike

Cass & Mike,

Our family is also staying in August at the AKL concierge at the 'Cdn$ at Par' glitch rate. We have received our confirmation at the rates quoted on May 15 & have spoken to WDW guest services @ it. They have put notes on our reservation & said we will not have any problems at checkin. To avoid hassles at checkin, I will reconfirm the room rate before leaving home & bring confirmation.

I'll let you know when we get back if we run into any problems.

Hi maple tree - did you get the 248.00 a night rate too? This is a very good rate for concierge.

It seems to me that if you make any change to your resevation at all (ie) when I booked it on the 15th - they only took down my name - not my daughters - when I added her name - suddenly the rate jumped.

I think everyone who does not make a change should be okay, fingers crossed!

>>^..^<

Well I still haven't heard anything...I wonder if I ever will.

To look on the bright side, as most of you know ;) I've been torn between choosing CSR & the Poly for the last week or two. Of course I originally booked the Poly because it was DD's favourite resort (and this is her birthday trip) but little did I know that when I suggested a moderate (& CSR was the only one available) she would tell me she's always wanted to try that resort & pool and thinks we should stay there (seeing as though it's just the two of us - she thinks we should save the Poly for when we have others with us & need more room :)). I just felt I shouldn't pass up that great "glitch" rate at the Poly but now that I apparently no longer have it, maybe it was all meant to be after all. I'm going to look on the positive side. I was having a hard time making the decision & now it has been made for me. I could still take it, even at the higher rate (I paid more than that for the GF last year) but I've decided to spend the money elsewhere...we'll stay at the Poly next year.

In the meantime, good luck to everyone who got those great rates the first day & be sure to let us know how it all turns out. I'll let you know if I ever do hear from Disney but I won't hold my breath ;).

Cass,

Yes, we got the $248/nt rate for each of our 7 nts! Paid deposit shows on our confirmation.

We cancelled a $239(no tax) AKL concierge stay after 9/11. So, our family is looking forward to this trip finally. Sunrise safari already booked on my son's birthday.

Now just hoping that Canadians (esp. those from Toronto) don't get turned back at US customs becouse of SARS. Also that Air Canada flights do not change. I will think positively!!

Mapletree,

When are you going? We've also booked a Sunrise Safari, for Aug 30. At least we don't need to worry about what's up with Air Canada, as we're flying Air Tran out of Flint, MI and will cross the border at Sarnia the night before.

- Mike

Update: I just got a call from Betty Jean (the woman from Guest Services). She said she was just calling to let me know that they are still "researching" my problem and that she didn't want me to think that she had forgotten about me. That was nice to hear. :) She also assured me that I don't have to worry about my deposit because it's not due until July 9th...do you think they read these boards? ;)

LOL, I wouldn't be surprised, Lisa! ;) So NOW what are you going to do, now that you've made your mind up about CSR? ;) :)

I'd find it really hard to turn down the Poly if I got your original price!! I can't wait for the next part of this saga.:D

I'm waiting too since that was a really good rate for the Poly.

DisneyLisa -- Think of it as an interesting way to pass the days until October. I keep telling everyone at work how many days are left before we leave -- I think everyone is going to be very happy when we've finally gone so they can stop hearing about it. !!

Mike,

Our trip is the last week in August. Sunrise safari is booked for the Tuesday, Aug 26. Grandparents from Chatham are joining us for this birthday trip. I should have looked into flying from Detroit for them. How long a drive is Flint from Sarnia? Which airlines fly out of Flint?

Originally posted by PoohBWV
I'd find it really hard to turn down the Poly if I got your original price!!
I know...that's why I was having such a hard time deciding :).

Originally posted by cdnmickeylover
Think of it as an interesting way to pass the days until October. I keep telling everyone at work how many days are left before we leave -- I think everyone is going to be very happy when we've finally gone so they can stop hearing about it. !!
I think my DH (& everyone else I know) is thinking the same thing ;) :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter