I have not read all 142 pages of this thread so I apologize if this has been answered already, but I have two questions:
1. Is the menu the same for the parties before the fireworks and the party afterwards? I have seen the new menu for the after fireworks party and it looks like it includes quite a few savory options. Is that offered for the before parties?
2. If I book the Terrace viewing, do you have to stand to eat your dessert? Is there any seating/tables for these guests?
TIA! :)

Menu is the same for all the parties and there are tables for the Terrace party.

I have not read all 142 pages of this thread so I apologize if this has been answered already, but I have two questions:
1. Is the menu the same for the parties before the fireworks and the party afterwards? I have seen the new menu for the after fireworks party and it looks like it includes quite a few savory options. Is that offered for the before parties?
2. If I book the Terrace viewing, do you have to stand to eat your dessert? Is there any seating/tables for these guests?
TIA! :)
1. same menu for all 3 parties
2. there is seating for Terrace

Ok, advice please. My DD is 15 with high functioning autism. She is very sensitive to noise and crowds, as I posted about 100 pages ago, lol. So we are doing a dessert party. Do you think earplugs to block the noise or earbuds with music would be better? My brother suggested noise cancelling headphones (like for lawn mowing or a gun range) with earbuds, but there is no way a teenage girl is doing THAT in public. She is really excited about seeing MK fireworks, she has never been able stay through it. She does go to music concerts now, so she is better about noise and crowds than our last trip 5 years ago.

Ok, advice please. My DD is 15 with high functioning autism. She is very sensitive to noise and crowds, as I posted about 100 pages ago, lol. So we are doing a dessert party. Do you think earplugs to block the noise or earbuds with music would be better? My brother suggested noise cancelling headphones (like for lawn mowing or a gun range) with earbuds, but there is no way a teenage girl is doing THAT in public. She is really excited about seeing MK fireworks, she has never been able stay through it. She does go to music concerts now, so she is better about noise and crowds than our last trip 5 years ago.
My advice would be to just bring both. I would think the music may be better but ear plugs are small enough to fit in a small bag so if the music doesn't work you can just whip them out and try to see if they help! I always pack ear plugs for hotel stays (hubby snores) and I put them in an old film canister. Small and contained

Last edited:
How crazy would it be to head to Adventureland after HEA? We're planning to do DAH that night (9/20) HEA is at 8 with park close at 9 and my girls want to start with the Jungle Cruise... I know Tomorrowland would be easier but am I crazy to consider it?
TIA!!!!
I don't have an answer for you, but we have the party reserved that night and are thinking of doing DAH that night as well!

If she doesn't like noise, she will probably turn the music up too loud which could damage her hearing. I would use the plugs but if you use the music, monitor how loud she has it

Expensive alternative if you don’t have them, but some of the Beats headphones are noise cancelling and my teens wear those anywhere!

So random question... with the after party.. the park closes after HEA in Dec... so do the buses continue to run for those who do the after party? One other question... is there a way to get a pic in front of the castle without a big crowd?? Small things I'm thinking might make the party very worth it!! Especially with MVMCP going on every other night!!

So random question... with the after party.. the park closes after HEA in Dec... so do the buses continue to run for those who do the after party? One other question... is there a way to get a pic in front of the castle without a big crowd?? Small things I'm thinking might make the party very worth it!! Especially with MVMCP going on every other night!!

Yes there will be buses. This isn’t Disney’s first rodeo and they won’t leave visitors stranded lol

For those who have attended the Happily Ever After with Tomorrowland Terrace seating dessert party, what time did you check-in and were seats already assigned?

Just pulled the plug and changed my Sunday, Nov. 11 reservation from before to after. Despite some higher crowd expectations, I was in the general crowd for HEA last year at this time on a non-party night and it was absolutely the worst crowds I've ever dealt with in all my trips to MK. Never done a dessert party in over 20 years of going so figured this was probably a good time to do it. Will likely aim for the back since sounds like crowd psychology is still moving most up front despite the fact that far more important element is how many people directly in front of you rather than how close you are! Just crossing fingers we can find a spot where I don't have to pick up my 9 year olds (both on the short end) cause they're getting heavy to hold at this point!!

I have booked the after party for late November and I am excited to go after reading all of your remarks. I do plan on getting there early so if I have my pick of locations in the garden where should I go? There will be 2 children 8 and 9 and I am really short. Looking for the best view. I keep reading back rail to the left, but if I can get to the front railing is that a better view or do the Main Street folks kill that view?

I have booked the after party for late November and I am excited to go after reading all of your remarks. I do plan on getting there early so if I have my pick of locations in the garden where should I go? There will be 2 children 8 and 9 and I am really short. Looking for the best view. I keep reading back rail to the left, but if I can get to the front railing is that a better view or do the Main Street folks kill that view?

We did the party last week and we stood along the back rail. The thing I noticed, is that while the garden was full prior to the fireworks, once they started, everyone stood up and moved to the front, leaving a nice, open area in the back. My boys, both just under 5 feet, had zero issues seeing because no one was in front of us. I’d go for back railing. Enjoy!

Just pulled the plug and changed my Sunday, Nov. 11 reservation from before to after. Despite some higher crowd expectations, I was in the general crowd for HEA last year at this time on a non-party night and it was absolutely the worst crowds I've ever dealt with in all my trips to MK. Never done a dessert party in over 20 years of going so figured this was probably a good time to do it. Will likely aim for the back since sounds like crowd psychology is still moving most up front despite the fact that far more important element is how many people directly in front of you rather than how close you are! Just crossing fingers we can find a spot where I don't have to pick up my 9 year olds (both on the short end) cause they're getting heavy to hold at this point!!

That's what happened to us during our October trip on a non-MNSSHP night! We had finally staked out a spot on Main Street, along with the billions and billions of other guests :crowded:, and right before HEA started a bunch of tall men stood directly in front of us. I ended up lifting my daughter onto my hip (who just turned 9 last month), but since I refused to put her down knowing I wouldn't be able to pick her back up again if I did, my arms were literally shaking once it was over. :headache: It was like I just did an hour worth of heavy weight lifting, but with my 70 pound kid! It was awful! The worst part, besides my noodle arms, was that we could hardly see the projections on the castle. I'm not making that same mistake this year, so the dessert party has been booked. :thumbsup2

I think I am leaning more to the after party. I figure I can sit while everyone else exits, enjoy some desserts and then hopefully hang around to see the Kiss Goodnite

Just bought tickets for the 9/20 before party! So excited to finally see HEA :)
When the fireworks are over, is there only one exit out of the garden? Where is the entrance/exit located?
TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter