Just found out we may have to move our fall trip up one week and I am looking at rebooking reservations. Most should be ok, but I had a terrace party for our last night. Looks like all nights for the new week are full. What are the chances something becomes available if I keep checking?

I was in the same boat - I had to cancel my original reservation for Terrace viewing and nothing open when I tried to rebook another date. Fast forward 8 days and I scored the desired reservation. Don't give up hope - happened to us last year too. People DO cancel! Just be persistant and check several times a day.

I was in the same boat - I had to cancel my original reservation for Terrace viewing and nothing open when I tried to rebook another date. Fast forward 8 days and I scored the desired reservation. Don't give up hope - happened to us last year too. People DO cancel! Just be persistant and check several times a day.

Great to hear! Thanks for sharing!

Considering doing the HEA garden view party....what is the latest I could reasonably arrive and still get a good seat near the back, if I don't care about desserts?

Considering doing the HEA garden view party....what is the latest I could reasonably arrive and still get a good seat near the back, if I don't care about desserts?
Really depends on the night and the crowd. When we went in June, I headed out 30 minutes prior to the start of the show (which was the same time I used to head out before the post-show party was introduced) and my favorite back rail spot was gone. So if there’s a specific spot you’re hoping for, I wouldn’t suggest waiting until the last minute to arrive. Though there really are no “bad” spots in the garden. While I missed my old spot, my view was still perfect from the mid-garden spot we found.

Is there anyone else doing HEA twice in the same trip? Am I nuts for doing it? I just booked a second party as I've read so much about how bad the crowds are on non party nights in September and I can't stand it when there's too many people around me. I originally booked the Terrace view for our second MK day, but I've also booked the garden view after party for our first full day, so we don't have to worry about staking out a spot or get squished by the crowds.

Is there anyone else doing HEA twice in the same trip? Am I nuts for doing it? I just booked a second party as I've read so much about how bad the crowds are on non party nights in September and I can't stand it when there's too many people around me. I originally booked the Terrace view for our second MK day, but I've also booked the garden view after party for our first full day, so we don't have to worry about staking out a spot or get squished by the crowds.
I am doing HEA Wednesday the MNSSHP desert Thursday and HS dessert party Tuesday

Nuts, no. Do whatever works for you. :-)

For us, I don't think we've ever done the dessert party twice in one trip. Although we do like to catch HEA whenever we can, so we'll usually see it more than once in any given trip. A few trips, we've done the dessert party on our "main" viewing night... then another night we'll watch from an alternative location... behind the castle being among my favorites. Obviously you miss the projection part in some of those 'other' locations, but it's not crowded at all and you can walk right up at showtime.

But, if two dessert parties is what works for your style, sounds fun to me! :-)

I am going with three young children - DN7, DN6, and DN3. Any recommendations for the garden party for a good location where they will be able to see without being held the whole time?

Do they allow you to take food over to viewing area? I think I remember reading, they didn't offer any means (to go trays) of taking out items, but do they allow it? I'll bring my own carriers....lol Hve any of you done this?

Do they allow you to take food over to viewing area? I think I remember reading, they didn't offer any means (to go trays) of taking out items, but do they allow it? I'll bring my own carriers....lol Hve any of you done this?
I took collapsible containers and used them to take food to the garden.

I have not personally seen them, but there are more than a few recent reports (as in, the last couple of months) where DISers have been offered plates/small to-go containers. It seems to be more common lately.

For sure they have the to-go containers all the time, since they will always accommodate my request to bring my gluten-free package already boxed up. I asked for an extra box with it the last time since DS is a super slow eater and they asked if we needed a third one for my dad. I can’t imagine they would ever deny this request! It’s nice to see that they are being proactive and actually offering them now.

For sure they have the to-go containers all the time, since they will always accommodate my request to bring my gluten-free package already boxed up. I asked for an extra box with it the last time since DS is a super slow eater and they asked if we needed a third one for my dad. I can’t imagine they would ever deny this request! It’s nice to see that they are being proactive and actually offering them now.

What gluten free items did they have?

I am going with three young children - DN7, DN6, and DN3. Any recommendations for the garden party for a good location where they will be able to see without being held the whole time?
Head to the back of the viewing area. When the show starts, folks tend to move forward, leaving lots of open space in the back. They should have no problem seeing from there.

I agree about the back rail area. My kids are 8 and 3, so they have been in the "can't see" zone, even with the Plaza Garden viewing, more so the 3 year old. But, 1) they don't know what they are missing so don't really care, 2) what they can see is just fine (in my opinion), and 3) on the back rail I can pick them up during portions of the show - like the Moana and TS segments just to give them a taste - and not be blocking anyone behind me. It's also a bit more convenient to have the rail to "lean" on when holding a hot kid. :-)

What gluten free items did they have?
They have consistently given me an assortment of Babycakes breads, cupcakes, cookies, gummy bears and of course there is fruit available, along with cheese (I can’t do dairy either, so I stay with the boxed items). Depending on the severity of the intolerance to gluten (I.e., for Celiac patients, they can’t guarantee no cross-contamination, but there is no wheat in the recipe) there is a nice assortment of macarons as well that’s an option.

We asked for a to go container at party on 6/24 and we were given a small plastic plate and to they didn't have boxes.

I've got it booked for our first and last night in October because there are so many party nights during our trip. I don't think it's nuts at all!

I don’t think so. I’ve never paid for the dessert party but will in November. I love HEA but my last two trips this show is insane for viewing. First time the week was packed with parties so the hub filled 2 hours out and the next trip was spring break so same issue. I was stressed the whole time which took away from the show. Booked to hopefully stop that issue - I’m short so much so that many of the kids are taller than me. Hope this allows for a good view with low stress - if so I will book at least once a trip if not more

I've got it booked for our first and last night in October because there are so many party nights during our trip. I don't think it's nuts at all!

I don’t think so. I’ve never paid for the dessert party but will in November. I love HEA but my last two trips this show is insane for viewing. First time the week was packed with parties so the hub filled 2 hours out and the next trip was spring break so same issue. I was stressed the whole time which took away from the show. Booked to hopefully stop that issue - I’m short so much so that many of the kids are taller than me. Hope this allows for a good view with low stress - if so I will book at least once a trip if not more

2 hours out :scared1: :faint:. That's even worse than I thought it could be. I haven't seen HEA yet as my last trip was 2 years ago, so that's more of a reason why I want good comfortable spots for it more than once while we're there. I did briefly consider doing one during MNSSHP, but from what I've read the crowds are a lot better for that one, so I don't mind staking out a spot then.

Now I just have to wait for FEA dessert party to open up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter