• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mine posted today as well --- and had a weird situation - when I booked the price shown ( 1 adult, 2 children) was $151 -- the higher amount - so, like others, I called and was told $22 would be refunded to my card - making the total $129 -

Well - turns out that my card was only changed $129 - not the $151 - AND I was given the $22 refund -
So, I felt funny ( I mean, it IS Disney ! :)) - so, I called the Dining services number again that I had used the other day , and explained what happened. They told me that the $151 was a pending charge, but when Disney realized the overcharge , it was caught in time, and I was only charged $129 to my card.

I explained to them that I also received the $22 credit to my card- they said they appreciated that I called and the CM giggled and said - "ok, use it for another dessert party"

Think I just might !

So what should the cost be? I was charged $289 for 3 adults and 2 kids. One CM said my 13 year old was an adult and another said she was a child.

I'm still waiting for 9/17 to open up. I check the site multiple times a day every day. It's so annoying because I don't understand why they don't release a random Monday in September!

I think that is odd too. Are they doing the Night of Joy then?

I'm thinking it's changed now. We did it on Mar. 11th of this year. Our big table of 7 was right at the railing. There were only tables at the railings, except maybe 3 additional tables in a second row. Everyone could see fireworks from their tables, since no one stood at the railing at all. There was so much empty space, making it so easy to go to/from the buffet. We loved it way more than before when it was more crowded. Since we were a big table, we were taken directly to our table. There were only 2 big tables set up that day.

That may make it worth the price then. The last several times we have been, it was a free for all and so crowded. People would move tables around and it was hard to walk through.

So what should the cost be? I was charged $289 for 3 adults and 2 kids. One CM said my 13 year old was an adult and another said she was a child.

The price for 3 adults and 2 children for the Plaza Garden party would be $289. But a 13 year old is an "adult" in Disney's view.... the kids price is for ages 3-9. See pricing summary below.

New Prices.png

Hi my 180 days is coming up in 2 weeks. Will i be able to book the firework dessert party at 180 day what is the current situation with booking at 180 days?

Hi my 180 days is coming up in 2 weeks. Will i be able to book the firework dessert party at 180 day what is the current situation with booking at 180 days?

At the moment, dates for non-MNSSHP night dessert parties are being added on a rolling 180 day basis. The Plaza Garden party has a lot of capacity and won't usually sell out all that quickly, the Terrace version has much less capacity and can sell out first. Obviously supply/demand is in full effect between party and non-party nights in the fall, so keep that in mind too.

Hope that helps!

Still waiting for July 3rd.

I am surprised that this is as hard to book as the Hamilton tickets I'll be trying to get tomorrow. At least those will be actually available when they say!

Got the Hamilton tickets for Atlanta so I decided to try for HEA Dessert party again on July 3rd. Checked the date and nope - still not bookable.

I have a question for those that went to WDW during the Holidays before. We will be there December 28-January 4th. We are planning on going to MK on Dec 30th for the special NYE fireworks. We want to do a second day at MK specifically to see HEA but I am debating between December 28 and January 2nd. What are the chances that they have HEA on those dates? And should I splurge on the dessert party (garden view) for the NYE early fireworks (I think last year they were at 6pm) or HEA?!?

Thank you or your help!

Got the Hamilton tickets for Atlanta so I decided to try for HEA Dessert party again on July 3rd. Checked the date and nope - still not bookable.

Congrats on the Hamilton tickets. I will be trying for them when he tour comes to Columbus Ohio next year. I too am waiting on July 3 party and waiting and waiting...

Got Terrace tickets for the night after my 40th birthday. Hoping for SWAGs dessert party on my actual birthday - bring on all the sugar :scared:

Also I got Hamilton tickets for here in Houston! Luck is on my side (except for BOG dinner - that still eludes me)

I have a question for those that went to WDW during the Holidays before. We will be there December 28-January 4th. We are planning on going to MK on Dec 30th for the special NYE fireworks. We want to do a second day at MK specifically to see HEA but I am debating between December 28 and January 2nd. What are the chances that they have HEA on those dates? And should I splurge on the dessert party (garden view) for the NYE early fireworks (I think last year they were at 6pm) or HEA?!?

Thank you or your help!
I think the NYE fireworks only run on December 30th and 31st, so the other nights should be running HEA...last year we watched HEA on December 29th, so if it's the same as last year then you should have a few nights in that range that will be showing HEA.

Our family is definitely going to splurge on the NYE dessert party fireworks...we have been stalking this page to get an estimate of when they would release the NYE dessert party dates, since they still haven't released 4th of July, I'm guessing it will be around 60-90 days that they release NYE dessert party reservations.

Mine posted today as well --- and had a weird situation - when I booked the price shown ( 1 adult, 2 children) was $151 -- the higher amount - so, like others, I called and was told $22 would be refunded to my card - making the total $129 -

Well - turns out that my card was only changed $129 - not the $151 - AND I was given the $22 refund -
So, I felt funny ( I mean, it IS Disney ! :)) - so, I called the Dining services number again that I had used the other day , and explained what happened. They told me that the $151 was a pending charge, but when Disney realized the overcharge , it was caught in time, and I was only charged $129 to my card.

I explained to them that I also received the $22 credit to my card- they said they appreciated that I called and the CM giggled and said - "ok, use it for another dessert party"

Think I just might !

What was the refund for? I just booked the HEA dessert party on 4/3 for the night of 7/24, so should I have only had to pay the current price? Because I paid the new price

What was the refund for? I just booked the HEA dessert party on 4/3 for the night of 7/24, so should I have only had to pay the current price? Because I paid the new price

Refund is for those who booked the HEA dessert party before the new price was posted on Disney website. . There is no refund for those who booked after the price change was corrected on website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter