Another pricing question. We prepaid (obviously) for two adults and three children. However, one my kids will be a Disney adult when we actually go. Will they charge us the difference after her birthday?

Another pricing question. We prepaid (obviously) for two adults and three children. However, one my kids will be a Disney adult when we actually go. Will they charge us the difference after her birthday?
When you booked you were meant to put her age when on the trip. Do you mean shes 9 right now and during the trip she will be 10?

When you booked you were meant to put her age when on the trip. Do you mean shes 9 right now and during the trip she will be 10?
Yes. And she’s got a profile in MDE so I just select her and proceed. I didn’t realize I could change her age on it.

Yes. And she’s got a profile in MDE so I just select her and proceed. I didn’t realize I could change her age on it.
I don't think the system will let you. This happened to me when I was trying to book something. I don't think I was pre paying for something but I tried to make a reservation for the 4 of us over 10 yrs old and the system kept giving me an error when I tried to select the person who wasn't 10 but would be on the trip. And we know disney system isn't sophisticated enough to recognize this issue. Since you're selecting her profile, it should be able calculate that she would be 10 on the day of the event and charge you accordingly. But it doesn't. No clue if disney will try to charge you the difference when you go. :confused3

Have had this issue come up before. As a lot of the Disney experience, it really depends on the CM. Sometimes they will charge you the difference the day of and sometimes they won’t.

The price for 3 adults and 2 children for the Plaza Garden party would be $289. But a 13 year old is an "adult" in Disney's view.... the kids price is for ages 3-9. See pricing summary below.

View attachment 314868

So is there any increase of benefits for the extra $42 we will be paying or are they just charging $$ more :(. Really wish I had been able to book before the increase I kept having issues when I tried to book.

So is there any increase of benefits for the extra $42 we will be paying or are they just charging $$ more :(. Really wish I had been able to book before the increase I kept having issues when I tried to book.

If there are any added benefits, nothing has been announced yet. I suspect just a price increase (could be wrong though).

I would love if they added more savory options...I'm a person who goes to dessert parties but doesn't really like dessert. :rotfl2:

I would like more savory options also. Seems like that is the case also for so many of the snacks, they are all sweets. I am all for deserts, but want some healthier options too.

I forgot to check today and am kind of relieved HEA didn't open up for July 3rd booking.

Off topic, but congrats. I had an acquaintance who did not get any tickets for Atlanta. She said she was in the online queue for like 2 hours and by the time she could purchase, everything was sold out.

Yikes - your poor friend. I logged in at 8:45am and got in the virtual que on my phone and had the tickets by 10:45am so I guess I was sitting around for 2 hours waiting.
I've got a neighbor who actually drove down to the Fox Theatre in Atlanta and stood in line for 5 hours to get tickets for herself and several friends. She got them. She doesn't trust the internet for stuff like that she said.

I'm going during Christmas and was wondering if the fireworks will be holiday themed around that time? We are doing the dessert party for our June trip and I'm thinking about splurging for Christmas too if it is a different fireworks show.

I'm going during Christmas and was wondering if the fireworks will be holiday themed around that time? We are doing the dessert party for our June trip and I'm thinking about splurging for Christmas too if it is a different fireworks show.
Yes, during Christmas parties (and from Dec 22 to Dec 31) they have the Holiday Wishes fireworks show. Outside of those dates and special parties, they have the Happily Ever After fireworks.

I need to go check my info, but I’m pretty certain they did not do Holiday Wishes on non-party nights last year - it was only HEA. Those dates around Christmas (when there aren’t MVMCP dates) only had HEA. Also, 12/30 is a special NYE fireworks night.

Does the NYE fireworks show for more than one day then? I want to go for NYE sometime, but I'd love to see both the MK and EPCOT fireworks...

Does the NYE fireworks show for more than one day then? I want to go for NYE sometime, but I'd love to see both the MK and EPCOT fireworks...

They do the MK NYE special fireworks show four times...an early and late show both 12/30 and 12/31. Last year, the early show was at 6:30PM and the late show was at 11:50PM.

They do the MK NYE special fireworks show four times...an early and late show both 12/30 and 12/31. Last year, the early show was at 6:30PM and the late show was at 11:50PM.

Thanks. Am I right to assume the later showings would be less crowded then? And does MK close due to capacity on 30/12 usually?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter