MK Options Now?

Raven01

Proud Momma to DD
Assuming nothing new opens up between now and my trip in September, where should we eat at MK?

LTT was the plan, but they took the a la carte menu away. Other options?

I prefer some sort of easy, sit down place for lunch or dinner (probably lunch). Grandpa is picky. I'm having trouble finding something with options for everyone that is also open and good. (Tonys? Has that improved?)

We had a perfect lunch yesterday at The Plaza! Delicious food and the most enthusiastic, welcoming cast members I have ever encountered. Actually, every meal we’ve had this trip has been perfect! Frontera Cocina, The Plaza, Hollywood Brown Derby, Whispering Canyon - so far - quite impressed!

Assuming nothing new opens up between now and my trip in September, where should we eat at MK?

LTT was the plan, but they took the a la carte menu away. Other options?

I prefer some sort of easy, sit down place for lunch or dinner (probably lunch). Grandpa is picky. I'm having trouble finding something with options for everyone that is also open and good. (Tonys? Has that improved?)
We love the Plaza. Burgers and sandwiches. The loaded fries are great and a meal in themselves. Really good desserts. For our Magic Kingdom day we were supposed to have CRT but it is not opening so I am finally doing the new menu at Be Our Guest. We have eaten there before just not since the change. I tried the Skippers Canteen on our last trip and I was unimpressed. I thought the menu was very limited. Have you considered a boat ride to one of the resorts? I am not sure if it is going to be opened but I really enjoyed Kona at the Polynesian and I hear that the Wave has excellent food as well. Whispering Canyon is fun.

We love the Plaza. Burgers and sandwiches. The loaded fries are great and a meal in themselves. Really good desserts. For our Magic Kingdom day we were supposed to have CRT but it is not opening so I am finally doing the new menu at Be Our Guest. We have eaten there before just not since the change. I tried the Skippers Canteen on our last trip and I was unimpressed. I thought the menu was very limited. Have you considered a boat ride to one of the resorts? I am not sure if it is going to be opened but I really enjoyed Kona at the Polynesian and I hear that the Wave has excellent food as well. Whispering Canyon is fun.
You clearly had better luck at the Plaza than we did. We used to really enjoy it. Our last trip, the burgers were so greasy that you couldn't eat the bottom half of the bun as it was soaked in grease. The rest of the meal was fair at best. we saw no reason to try again.

we had this booked for april and want to book it for our sept trip. What did you have?
we've tried many of the entrees at Skippers and have yet to find one we didn't like. such a fun place. We have had servers who were better than others. The great ones just pile up the really bad puns over and over. Loved it!

we've tried many of the entrees at Skippers and have yet to find one we didn't like. such a fun place. We have had servers who were better than others. The great ones just pile up the really bad puns over and over. Loved it!
going to book it for our sept trip and leaning towards getting 3 apps to share as our dinner.

going to book it for our sept trip and leaning towards getting 3 apps to share as our dinner.
We loved Skippers Canteen. Some interesting choices but still plenty for our kids to enjoy. Had the Dr. Falls Signature Grilled Steak and the "Tastes Like Chicken...Because it is!" When you can't read the menu without laughing--e.g., Curried Vegetable Crew Stew A favorite of the Crew Stew Crew (especially Stu)--you know you're in the right place. I plan on visiting when we are there in October.

The restaurants take awhile to fill to capacity after they open for the day right? Anyone have experience dining at the first possible time since the reopening? We always splurge on a ts meal for my birthday but eating inside is so risky. I’m thinking if we book lunch for opening time it shouldn’t be busy yet and there wouldn’t be a need to have any tables near us filled. Do they try to keep people really far apart first thing before they reach capacity or do they fill up each section?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter