Mods please close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before you say something like going to the Atrium Club and getting food, you need your KTTW card to have access to the 12th floor, so obviously guests not staying there do not have access.

Certainly you need your KTTW card to access the 12th floor to get to the Atrium Club -- if you want to do it alone. Why not just wait in the elevator for someone else going to the 12th floor and tag along -- perhaps the CM might even be willing to give you a secret Pepsi while you chat and trade some pins.

Then there's always the stairs.

If you did not my 1st post I never thought of purchasing these pins. It was the Cast Member who asked me if I wanted them? I never said to her "I am not a DVC member but can I still purchase DVC member only pins?" So did you ever think the CM was wrong?

Maybe you could have been honest and told her "I'm not a DVC member" -- You can justify it to yourself however you want, but it still doesn't make it right.

To put it in the same terms as some of your other previous threads, would it be wrong if I went to self-park at the CR lot one day and just told the guard "I came over to pool hop"??? I'd swim for a bit, but then I would walk over to MK... I didn't "really" lie either, because I did swim, but that still doesn't make what I did right.

Before you say something like going to the Atrium Club and getting food, you need your KTTW card to have access to the 12th floor, so obviously guests not staying there do not have access.

Royal Canadian, you beat me posting my great idea.... I'll edit my reply out....

That's because you did not ask the monorail driver to show you the secret handshake to give to the Atrium Clum CMs. Once you do that, they will take out the tray of DVC pins and you can choose from the parking lot pin or the "C" shaped pin, depending on which one you like.

GREAT!!! I knew my sources weren't lying to me, because I know CM's keep hidden pins *EVERYWHERE*.

Since you've stayed at CR in the Atrium Club before, that just confirms even more what I was previously told. BUT -- Can you confirm that they really have the real gold plated pins???

Thanks again!!! :thumbsup2

GREAT!!! I knew my sources weren't lying to me, because I know CM's keep hidden pins *EVERYWHERE*.

Since you've stayed at CR in the Atrium Club before, that just confirms even more what I was previously told. BUT -- Can you confirm that they really have the real gold plated pins???

I don't know why I am responding to this but no Cast Members on the Atrium Club wear any pins.

Of course they are. That is another one of the benifits so staying concierge level.....Preplanning, special treats, and real gold pins!!!!!!

I don't know why I am responding to this but no Cast Members on the Atrium Club wear any pins.

Just about every single cast member I've seen in WDW wears pins. Maybe they aren't always around their necks -- I've seen a few with these special ones on their waists.

I've heard from several people in real life (yes, I know people that work at WDW) and also now someone in this same thread, that said they had real gold-plated pins in the Atrium Club, and *maybe* at GF (no one has personally confirmed this to me yet and it may be rumor just like a lot of other things on here) It may not be advertised, it may be a secret -- maybe it's only certain times of the year or certain times of the day when they have some, maybe you have to ask them about them -- I don't know... Like I said, I've never stayed at Atrium Club so I personally can't confirm it. On my next trip, I think I will ride the elevator like Royal Canadian said and ask someone to please take me to the Atrium Club room so I can try to get one of those pins! It would be a very secret thing for me to try. Don't worry, I won't break any rules and I won't eat any of the snacks unless the CM I am trading with says it's ok for me to have some. I really don't think they will miss a couple cookies or whatever it is they have up there.

It also makes sense to me that they have these pins there because Atrium Club costs a lot of money to stay there and I bet there are some secret things about it -- there has to be something else secret like this, because it doesn't make sense to me that people pay all this extra money just to get some snacks and have someone make your PS's for you. Getting back to the pins though, it of course would be difficult to prove they really are gold plated pins without going to a gold expert -- maybe they just tell people that they are.

I lost some of my pin collection a couple years ago because my guests and I were eating at Ohanas for dinner, a great place to eat by the way, we had a really nice view of the castle and were seated by the window. When we were done, we went to the quiet side beach to watch the fireworks from there. You can also see part of the hula show from that place. But on the quiet side of the beach you can't hear the fireworks music, I think Disney really should do something about that, but that's a different subject. Anyways, this rude guy came up where I had my backpack sitting on those fold down chairs, and he just picked up my bag and took the chair. I said, hey, I was using that to keep the sand off my bag, but I guess he didn't care. Anyways, my pin collection was sitting on top of the backpack and when he moved it, some of the pins came loose and I couldn't find them in all of the sand!!@! Those were some really good pins too, and makes me mad since those pins used to cost less than they do now. I also know they changed the prices of the pins in the past few years but I didn't keep the backs of all of them to keep track of how much my pins cost -- but I'm pretty sure they have gone up in price since 1999!!1!

Anyways, I have about 8-10 pins still from trips and I've never seen a Contemporary Atrium Club pin or one that looks like what the new building is going to look like, so I bet they have to be very, very rare, don't you think?/???

I really don't think they will miss a couple cookies or whatever it is they have up there.

just don't eat that cookie before your buffet dinner, or you'll spoil your appetite! :)

Sorry about your pins - that is a very sad story, and I hope that you are feeling better about it now

Just about every single cast member I've seen in WDW wears pins. Maybe they aren't always around their necks -- I've seen a few with these special ones on their waists.

I've heard from several people in real life (yes, I know people that work at WDW) and also now someone in this same thread, that said they had real gold-plated pins in the Atrium Club, and *maybe* at GF (no one has personally confirmed this to me yet and it may be rumor just like a lot of other things on here) It may not be advertised, it may be a secret -- maybe it's only certain times of the year or certain times of the day when they have some, maybe you have to ask them about them -- I don't know... Like I said, I've never stayed at Atrium Club so I personally can't confirm it. On my next trip, I think I will ride the elevator like Royal Canadian said and ask someone to please take me to the Atrium Club room so I can try to get one of those pins! It would be a very secret thing for me to try. Don't worry, I won't break any rules and I won't eat any of the snacks unless the CM I am trading with says it's ok for me to have some. I really don't think they will miss a couple cookies or whatever it is they have up there.

It also makes sense to me that they have these pins there because Atrium Club costs a lot of money to stay there and I bet there are some secret things about it -- there has to be something else secret like this, because it doesn't make sense to me that people pay all this extra money just to get some snacks and have someone make your PS's for you. Getting back to the pins though, it of course would be difficult to prove they really are gold plated pins without going to a gold expert -- maybe they just tell people that they are.

I lost some of my pin collection a couple years ago because my guests and I were eating at Ohanas for dinner, a great place to eat by the way, we had a really nice view of the castle and were seated by the window. When we were done, we went to the quiet side beach to watch the fireworks from there. You can also see part of the hula show from that place. But on the quiet side of the beach you can't hear the fireworks music, I think Disney really should do something about that, but that's a different subject. Anyways, this rude guy came up where I had my backpack sitting on those fold down chairs, and he just picked up my bag and took the chair. I said, hey, I was using that to keep the sand off my bag, but I guess he didn't care. Anyways, my pin collection was sitting on top of the backpack and when he moved it, some of the pins came loose and I couldn't find them in all of the sand!!@! Those were some really good pins too, and makes me mad since those pins used to cost less than they do now. I also know they changed the prices of the pins in the past few years but I didn't keep the backs of all of them to keep track of how much my pins cost -- but I'm pretty sure they have gone up in price since 1999!!1!

Anyways, I have about 8-10 pins still from trips and I've never seen a Contemporary Atrium Club pin or one that looks like what the new building is going to look like, so I bet they have to be very, very rare, don't you think?/???
I have a feeling your lying about these rare pins because these would have been somethings the Cast Members working up there would have shown us. Besides if are real I think my family and should have 1st crack at them since we always stay on the Atrium Club, compared to you since you are not staying there.

I think my family and should have 1st crack at them since we always stay on the Atrium Club, compared to you since you are not staying there.

now wait a minute! did you not start this thread to tell us that you bought DVC member pins and are not a DVC member?? Why is it acceptable for you to do that, but not for someone else to have pins from another members only area? :confused:

now wait a minute! did you not start this thread to tell us that you bought DVC member pins and are not a DVC member?? Why is it acceptable for you to do that, but not for someone else to have pins from another members only area? :confused:
Because we always stay on the Atrium Club, so because he does not stay up there he has no right to up there. So if he thinks he can right the elevator all day he is beyond dreaming and living in a fantasy world.

Also the shop at the Beach Club where I got the pins is not a members only area, so don't even compare them to the Atrium Club lounge.

by that logic I take it that you will be returning the DVC member pins to the BC on your next trip :)

by that logic I take it that you will be returning the DVC member pins to the BC on your next trip :)
No I will not. In fact I might even wear them on my lanyard for everyone to see. Besides pins can only be returned 30 days after they are purchased, so it's been way past 30 days.

just don't eat that cookie before your buffet dinner, or you'll spoil your appetite! :)

Sorry about your pins - that is a very sad story, and I hope that you are feeling better about it now

I'll probably go to the Food & Fun Center instead of a buffet that night. We will be staying at WLV next week so I'll take a boat over to CR that night. They've got a good arcade inside there I like to sit in the little Mickey car and pretend I'm driving it and have someone take my picture! :)

I thought it was really rude of that guy to pick that up that chair but I guess it's possible he was really a polynesian guest and he was really entitled to that beach chair and I wasn't since I wasn't staying there.

Anyways, I'll probably never find those same pins again... maybe a little kid found them in the sand the next morning and they are in their collections now. Not all little kids are rude and it would be a nice treat if they found those pins.

I have a feeling your lying about these rare pins because these would have been somethings the Cast Members working up there would have shown us. Besides if are real I think my family and should have 1st crack at them since we always stay on the Atrium Club, compared to you since you are not staying there.

That's a very mean thing for you to say to me! You have no reason to call me a liar because I never said that I personally have seen any rare pins. I've only HEARD from what I consider reliable sources that they EXIST. I'm going to try to get one of them if I can. It could be a total rumor or a very secret thing that you have to ask for, but I don't know.

I have just as much right to trade for one of them as you do, and just because you stayed there doesn't mean you can be the only one that can get them.

That's a very mean thing for you to say to me! You have no reason to call me a liar because I never said that I personally have seen any rare pins. I've only HEARD from what I consider reliable sources that they EXIST. I'm going to try to get one of them if I can. It could be a total rumor or a very secret thing that you have to ask for, but I don't know.

I have just as much right to trade for one of them as you do, and just because you stayed there doesn't mean you can be the only one that can get them.
Sources or not you actually believe that you can get into the Atrium Club for these pins? Why not try looking on Ebay for them?

Because we always stay on the Atrium Club, so because he does not stay up there he has no right to up there. So if he thinks he can right the elevator all day he is beyond dreaming and living in a fantasy world.

Also the shop at the Beach Club where I got the pins is not a members only area, so don't even compare them to the Atrium Club lounge.

That's another mean thing to say to me!!! You can apologize to me for calling me a liar on that post, and saying I live in Fantasy World in this post.

There is no rule that says I can't ask a CM at Contemporary if they would please take me to the Atrium Club lounge because I heard they might have a secret pin that I might want to trade for. I have the right to go up there if CM comes with me and gives me permission -- it's not like I'm going to eat the cookies up there, unless they say I can.

Anyways, I'm not going to argue with you anymore on this thread because you only posted your original message to stir up DVC members, telling us how you got away with something!

Oh, and don't worry, I won't come back on here to rub it in and stir you up when I get a members-only pin because it's not worth posting a new thread for something that's really quite meaningless.

That's another mean thing to say to me!!! You can apologize to me for calling me a liar on that post, and saying I live in Fantasy World in this post.

There is no rule that says I can't ask a CM at Contemporary if they would please take me to the Atrium Club lounge because I heard they might have a secret pin that I might want to trade for. I have the right to go up there if CM comes with me and gives me permission -- it's not like I'm going to eat the cookies up there, unless they say I can.

Anyways, I'm not going to argue with you anymore on this thread because you only posted your original message to stir up DVC members, telling us how you got away with something!

Oh, and don't worry, I won't come back on here to rub it in and stir you up when I get a members-only pin because it's not worth posting a new thread for something that's really quite meaningless.
I am sorry but you actually think the Cast Members will take you up there and the Cast Members working up there will take time out of their day and stop helping guests who are paying $485.00 per night, (lowest rate possible in the value season) to help you look for a pin that is not even real and to top it off you won't be staying up there.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Besides if are real I think my family and should have 1st crack at them since we always stay on the Atrium Club, compared to you since you are not staying there.

Wow, what double standards. Now I know that when I go to WDW in July and can't find a DVC Members Only pin, I know who to be p-o'd at! Since the OP is clearly a DVC member wanna be, I guess this is the closest he can come to being a member! :rotfl:

-Matt

This is just as good as a Flowerschild thread on the community board.

Thanks for brightening up my Monday morning.

Danny, pick me up one of those special pins if you can make it up to the AC.

I am sorry but you actually think the Cast Members will take you up there and the Cast Members working up there will take time out of their day and stop helping guests who are paying $485.00 per night, (lowest rate possible in the value season) to help you look for a pin that is not even real and to top it off you won't be staying up there.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I have but one question after reading this thread. How old are you? Not trying to be snarky, I'm sincerely wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter