Mods please close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then....aren't we having a good time here. Thanks for the laughs you guys. I can't believe anyone would come here, boasting of getting a DVC member pin, and then ask if we think it was okay to do!!! Then, when DVC people get a bit on the snarky side, he wants the thread closed??!! Can't imagine what he thought our responses would be.
Being a moderator, I just can't say some of the stuff I would like to, but man.......! Anyway...carry on!!!

You said it far better than I could. Bavaria just did an excellent job of *trying* to explain some of our thoughts in a *very nice way* to the OP, but...

This brazen sense of entitlement and superiority does not, in my opinion, match the spirit and intent of the DIS. In the long run, these spiteful topics and posts hurt the DIS more than they help it.

I am also asking again that a mod please close this thread, because there is no need to keep it open anymore.

I don't know what the title of this thread was before, but with the current title Mods please close this thread, I had to slow down to see what it was all about - much like a rubber-necker on the interstate. :)

They have PEPSI on WDW property? (hee hee)

That was another one of the little boy's previous threads -- getting the Atrium Club CMs to go get Pepsi for his family. I'm so glad Bavaria introduced the young whippersnapper to the word ENTITLEMENT.

Don't take it personally.... but did you have a reason to post your story except to stir the pot?

You came into the DVC member section, told us how you knowingly bought a DVC member-only pin, even though you aren't a member, and you don't expect anyone to reply??? What did you expect us all to say???

No need to single me out, I'm not the one stealing those soft CR towels to keep my dashboard cool! :)

Hey, yeah, Dannyh23, and it twarn't me who brought up the shiny pins!

You guys are all so funny!

Hey, I just had a stray (and somewhat naughty) thought: Will the new Contemporary DVC face the Atrium level in such a way so that the DVC members could, um, "moon" the atrium level folks? Perhaps start a TP throwing war? I've got a good throwing arm...

I don't know what the title of this thread was before, but with the current title Mods please close this thread, I had to slow down to see what it was all about - much like a rubber-necker on the interstate. :)

Me too...:blush:

And having had my stint on the naughty mat myself, I'll keep quiet and just watch...

Hey, yeah, Dannyh23, and it twarn't me who brought up the shiny pins!

Hey, I just had a stray (and somewhat naughty) thought: Will the new Contemporary DVC face the Atrium level in such a way so that the DVC members could, um, "moon" the atrium level folks? Perhaps start a TP throwing war? I've got a good throwing arm...

Oww Kickapoo!!! Now you've let the cat out of our bag!!! Disney is going to have to retrofit the Atrium Club rooms with metal shields that drop down over the Atrium Club balconies to shield guests from TP and "full moons" :rotfl:

I won't take credit for someone else's pin trading tip -- it was Duckfan who said the good pins were at CR. I just heard concierge staff had shiny ones... never saw one myself though... yet. ;)

oh, and congrats to LauraBearz for starting page 7.... but I thought Brutally Honest started with Post 2 in this thread!

I am sorry but you actually think the Cast Members will take you up there and the Cast Members working up there will take time out of their day and stop helping guests who are paying $485.00 per night, (lowest rate possible in the value season) to help you look for a pin

and just FYI, many here (and elsewhere) do not measure wealth in terms of money. We consider wealth to consist of experiences, knowledge gained and shared, and/or relationships formed.

Boasting about the amount of money which your parents choose to spend doesn't impress me - I measure my wealth differently

A reminder that the OP of a thread does not "OWN" the thread. Requests to close a thread are reviewed, but if there are no over the top DIS Guideline violations, or forbidden topics for the forum, the moderators have no compelling reason to close or delete the thread.

Posting a somewhat controversial topic, and then not expecting a discussion that does not agree with the OPs position is unreasonable and is not a reason to close a thread, as long as the posts don't cross a reasonable threshold of discussion.

Also a reminder to please keep the thread on topic, which is the ability to purchase DVC Member Exclusive merchadise (or other exclusive merchandise) without actually being a member of the group to which the merchandise is supposed to be exclusive.

Sadly, a mere 14 minutes after Chuck posted a pretty friendly reminder about keeping on topic, two more posters just had to add their invaluable insight about other posters rather than add anything to the actual discussion. Those posts have been removed as will any others who have similar comments - HOWEVER - future off-topic comments in this thread are very likely to find infraction points.

Please feel free to comment on DVC logo merchandise - but I'd suggest avoiding any other comments.

I am sorry but you actually think the Cast Members will take you up there and the Cast Members working up there will take time out of their day and stop helping guests who are paying $485.00 per night, (lowest rate possible in the value season) to help you look for a pin that is not even real and to top it off you won't be staying up there.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I bet if you "slide" a CM several $20's you can do and see all kinds of thing at WDW that one may not have "paid" for. Some of us know people who have done (or do) things like this at WDW. I won't say any names.... :rolleyes1

Were you wrong to buy the DVC pin? If the CM asked if you wanted to buy it, and then 'forgot' to ask to see your DVC card, then I guess you lucked out. Should you have mentioned that you were not a DVC owner? Probably. Were you entitled to the pin? No, not in any way, shape, or form. You just got lucky. Enjoy your pin...I have a bunch of them and get an inordinate amount of joy out of them. They remind me of the good things about being a DVC owner and my trips to my home away from home. Perhaps you'll feel moved to have your family buy into DVC now. We get all sorts of fun perks.

I bet if you "slide" a CM several $20's you can do and see all kinds of thing at WDW that one may not have "paid" for. Some of us know people who have done (or do) things like this at WDW. I won't say any names.... :rolleyes1

I never knew you actually had to show a membership card to buy a logo items -- I bought two DVC hats from Saratoga and didn't have my membership card on me since I never carry it around -- it stays in the safe unless I'm going somewhere where I know I need it for a discount!

Speaking of seeing things you probably wouldn't be allowed to see, one time a CM at EE saw my wife and I walk up to get a Fastpass and they were out. He saw my DVC hat and said "Oh Vacation Club Members! Want a fastpass? Come this way!" He proceeded to take us around the front of the line and took us into the control room of the ride. There were a bunch of monitors in the room, with a lady watching all of them. He explained all of the parts of the ride and what they are looking at. One monitor was directly on the part where the track switches -- it actually flips over to a totally different section of track, not just move a little part over like I assumed. After sitting in there a bit and seeing the trains go through the ride on the monitors, he took us to the ride operator and said "These guests would like to sit in front!"

Needless to say, those who say that "magical" experiences only seem to happen to families with kids, well, that wasn't the case with us that day! We won't forget the little things like that make a trip special, and I wrote a letter to Disney with the cast members name to say what a great job they did, and that's why we bring others with us on other trips and will remain DVC members until our contract expires!

Sorry if this is partly off topic, but we might not have been picked by this CM if we didn't have our DVC hats on -- and this is too good of story not to share!

I never knew you actually had to show a membership card to buy a logo items -- I bought two DVC hats from Saratoga and didn't have my membership card on me since I never carry it around -- it stays in the safe unless I'm going somewhere where I know I need it for a discount!

Speaking of seeing things you probably wouldn't be allowed to see, one time a CM at EE saw my wife and I walk up to get a Fastpass and they were out. He saw my DVC hat and said "Oh Vacation Club Members! Want a fastpass? Come this way!" He proceeded to take us around the front of the line and took us into the control room of the ride. There were a bunch of monitors in the room, with a lady watching all of them. He explained all of the parts of the ride and what they are looking at. One monitor was directly on the part where the track switches -- it actually flips over to a totally different section of track, not just move a little part over like I assumed. After sitting in there a bit and seeing the trains go through the ride on the monitors, he took us to the ride operator and said "These guests would like to sit in front!"

Needless to say, those who say that "magical" experiences only seem to happen to families with kids, well, that wasn't the case with us that day! We won't forget the little things like that make a trip special, and I wrote a letter to Disney with the cast members name to say what a great job they did, and that's why we bring others with us on other trips and will remain DVC members until our contract expires!

Sorry if this is partly off topic, but we might not have been picked by this CM if we didn't have our DVC hats on -- and this is too good of story not to share!

For DVC logo items, I have occasionally been required to show a membership card. For DVC member "exclusive" items, like pins or watches, I have always been required to show my card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter