Mom & Son-One More Time w/Dad! 11 days of DxDDP-10/21, Grand Finale, FF Chef's Table!

Yum Yum Yum!! I'm planning on Pizza and Zeppoles! Ours will be OOP with TiW and I am still willing to pay that much for Pizza!

How was the Sangria? I love a good Sangria!

I am sorry to say that I do not remember what DH's dessert was ...

WDWSummer2012324.jpg

Looks like some kind of parfait? I know he enjoyed it. DS also had a cappucino

I can help you with that Vicki, as I just so happen to have a pic of the Via Napoli dessert menu on my phone. ;) That would be a Gelato Frizzante!

Yum Yum Yum!! I'm planning on Pizza and Zeppoles! Ours will be OOP with TiW and I am still willing to pay that much for Pizza!

How was the Sangria? I love a good Sangria!

Yep, that is how we will be paying in November as well. It is one of our "must go backs". I only had a sip of the sangria and I thought it was good. Not super sweet which I like.

I can help you with that Vicki, as I just so happen to have a pic of the Via Napoli dessert menu on my phone. ;) That would be a Gelato Frizzante!

Thank you! I figured someone would rescue me! :)

Did they forget to put the olives and ham on the one peice of pie? Looks like it is just sauce. Then one other quarter of pie only had one olive, strange for 3.50 an item.

Ok, I am back! After breakfast we spent some time in the now Halloween decorated MK before taking the Yacht Club bus to head to lunch at Via Napoli.

DH started with Sangria ...

WDWSummer2012315.jpg

I am pretty sure I just had iced tea. I remember being very hot and thirsty when we arrived.

For appetizers, I had the Prosciutto e Melone - parma ham, cantelope

WDWSummer2012318.jpg

This was perfect. The melon wasn't too cold and was perfectly ripe. With the saltiness of the ham, it was a perfect refreshing start.

DH had the Salami e Provolone - dry cured sausage, imported provolone cheese

WDWSummer2012319.jpg

Very weird presentation. But he said it was tasty.

DS had the Arancini - fried risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragu

WDWSummer2012316.jpg

These were very tasty. (But not as good as the one we had at our Flying Fish tasting! Will get to that review soon!)

We all had individual make your own pizzas. It is ridiculous that they charge $3.50 per topping but we sucked it up to each get exactly what we wanted.

I had the same that I had last year ... ham and olives

WDWSummer2012320.jpg

I just love this pizza. I have dreamed of it since last year. The salty ham & olives, slightly sweet sauce. Just perfect.

DH had sausage & proscuitto.

WDWSummer2012321.jpg

He was surprised the way the proscuitto was done but ended up really enjoying the pizza.

DH had anchovies and sausage

WDWSummer2012322.jpg

He doesn't get to have anchovies when we get pizza at home so he really enjoyed this.

We were stuffed but DS and I knew we had to have the Zeppole di Ricotta - Ricotta cheese fritters, served with whipped cream and chocolate

WDWSummer2012325.jpg

These did not disappoint. The chocolate is nice and bitter. The zeppoles just slightly sweet. And there really are a ton in there! No way we could have each eaten our own order.

I am sorry to say that I do not remember what DH's dessert was ...

WDWSummer2012324.jpg

Looks like some kind of parfait? I know he enjoyed it. DS also had a cappucino

WDWSummer2012323.jpg

Total dining plan cost was $123.54. Total OOP was $23.43. Definitely overpriced for a pizza lunch but very worth it on the dining plan. And we enjoy it enough that DS and I will split a pizza and those yummy zeppoles when we eat OOP in November. I think Via Napoli is a great addition to the many good restaurants in EPCOT. Finally decent pizza in the World!

After spending a bit of time at EPCOT and then resting for a bit at Coronado, we headed to Narcoossees for dinner. This was the first time eating here for us but it will not be the last. I think it was overall my favorite meal experience of the trip. Not necessarily for the food, but overall. And the food dwas very good.

First up the menu ... a bit blurry but legible ...

WDWSummer2012339.jpg

WDWSummer2012340.jpg

First up the bread ...

WDWSummer2012341.jpg

Warm and crusty. And I loved the candles!

I had an agave margarita ... DH the wine with his courses ...

WDWSummer2012342.jpg

This was really strong. I kept letting the ice melt.

For appetizers, I wanted something lighter because I wasn't super hungry so I got the Cesaer Salad ...

WDWSummer2012343.jpg

This was good. A standard Cesaer but it hit the spot.

DS had the cheeseplate ...

WDWSummer2012345.jpg

He enjoyed it alot. Even more than the one at the Yachtsman.

DH had the calamari ...

WDWSummer2012346.jpg

This is something I am not yet ready to try but he said it was light and perfectly crispy.

For entrees, DH had the Halibut ...

WDWSummer2012347.jpg

What a beautiful presentation. I didn't have a bit but he enjoyed it.

DS had the filet ...

WDWSummer2012348.jpg

This I did have a bit off and it was very good. Tender and full of flavor.

Again, keeping it lighter, I had the Sweet Pea and Marscapone Ravioli ...

WDWSummer2012349.jpg

Delicious! I enjoyed every bite.

Now here is the bad, then good with dessert. I really wanted to have a cake for DH as a thank you for putting up with my obsession. As great as Brian at the Contemporary was with DS's cake is as bad as the GF was with this order. I wanted a simple cake with strawberries and custard inside and Mickey balloons piped around it saying "Thanks, Jay".

This is what we got ...

WDWSummer2012350.jpg

Huh? Even our server said, "I guess we are celebrating something".

Now, the cake itself was AMAZING ...

WDWSummer2012351.jpg

Light, moist cake with creamy custard and strawberries. Jay loved it and was definitely surprised. But I was bummed and Andrew knew it. So here is the good ...

WDWSummer2012353.jpg

He moved the balloons to where I wanted them so I wouldn't be unhappy. We laughed so hard at the "new" cake. It was perfect.

Course DS and I still had to try the Amaretto Cheesecake ...

WDWSummer2012355.jpg

O M G! This was simply amazing. Very close to the wontons at Y&Y for my favorite dessert of the trip!

As an extra bonus, we had an Ok view of Wishes ...

WDWSummer2012358.jpg

So all in all, we had a great time. Yes, the cake was wrong but what fun I had watching DS fix it because as he said "You can't be upset in Disney". Great service, Good food and fantastic fun. What more can you ask for in a meal!

Total DP cost was $283.33. Total OOP was $43.84 plus $56 for the cake (I had been quoted $37 but we ended up having so much fun, I didn't say anything).

I wish I could have booked Narcoosee's after seeing your delicious review. I also love how you ordered so many different pizzas at Via Napoli.

Thats a bummer that the cake didn't come out the way you wanted and that it cost almost double what you were expecting!

Your meal itself looks really good! I wish I could get just the dessert from Narcossees though!

At least your Narcoosees dinner was memorable....if not for the great food, the hilarity that Andrew created with the "re-decorated" cake. What a sweetie!

I would love to dine at Narcoosees sometime and even more so now that I see what a wonderful view of the fireworks are right outside the windows.

I was going to help you out with the gelato frizzante but Jabead is on it!! She's the queen of menus at this point I'm sure! :lmao:

Thats a bummer that the cake didn't come out the way you wanted and that it cost almost double what you were expecting!

Your meal itself looks really good! I wish I could get just the dessert from Narcossees though!

Yes, the dessert was amazing!

At least your Narcoosees dinner was memorable....if not for the great food, the hilarity that Andrew created with the "re-decorated" cake. What a sweetie!

I would love to dine at Narcoosees sometime and even more so now that I see what a wonderful view of the fireworks are right outside the windows.

I was going to help you out with the gelato frizzante but Jabead is on it!! She's the queen of menus at this point I'm sure! :lmao:

The food was very good. We enjoyed every bite of what we ate. Nothing, other than that cheesecake, was "the best of the trip". But all together it was a great meal.

I knew many would know the dessert! Thank you for wanting to help!

Ok, I think you just convinced me to add Narcoossee's back in to my list for our possible March trip. Now I just have to figure out which restaurant to give the "heave-ho". And so the ADR shuffle begins...and I still have to convince my DH that we are going! :lmao:

I loved Via Napoli as well and I can't wait to go there again! The zeppole is sooooo good! And I'm glad that your dinner at Narcoossee's did not disappoint (even though the look of the cake did). But Andrew is such a sweetheart, trying to make his mom feel better! And it made for a good story and photo! I would love to try the pea & mascarone ravioli and it goes without saying that I'd love to try the amaretto cheesecake! Yum!

Friday, August 31st was what is traditionally my favorite day of any WDW trip ... our Snack around the World Day! And since today is EPCOT's Anniversary, it is appropriate that I post this tonight. :)

First stop for us was the Rose & Crown Pub ...

WDWSummer2012366.jpg

We shared the English Bulldog ...

WDWSummer2012359.jpg

And the Scotch Egg

WDWSummer2012361.jpg

The English Bulldog is something I have wanted to try since I read about it a few years ago. It was good but not as great as I had it in my mind. Very tasty though. Don't know that I could eat a whole one, glad we split.

The Scotch Egg was wonderful as usual. This is one of our favorite Disney treats as it is the only time of year we eat them.

Artsy pic of DS ... love the way this came out ...

WDWSummer2012367.jpg

The off to France. DH had a beer at Rose & Crown so he didn't want anything sweet. DS had a almond triangle and I tried the Napoleon for the first time ...

WDWSummer2012371.jpg

WDWSummer2012372.jpg

Oh my! How have I not had this wonderful creamy treat before! This is possibly my new favorite WDW treat.

Next up was Japan where DH and I sampled some sake

WDWSummer2012383.jpg

DS and I share the spicy tuna roll

WDWSummer2012385.jpg

And we all had the Beef Udon

WDWSummer2012386.jpg

The Udon was surprisingly good. Salty broth with a good beef flavor and the noodles had some texture to them. Good but probably not the smartest choice on a hot August day! :rolleyes2

In Italy, DS tried this ...

WDWSummer2012390.jpg

I am sorry to say that I don't know what it is! Gelato, but I don't remember the type. He really liked it.

Off to Germany for DH to have a beer and a brat ...

WDWSummer2012402.jpg

This is a must for us each trip. This year, I only had a bite. Sauerkraut is on the side as DH doesn't like it but he knows I do.

DS and I had some caramel treats ...

Marshmallows ...

WDWSummer2012403.jpg

Pineapple

WDWSummer2012404.jpg

And after the discussions here on the Dis, I had to try the grapes

WDWSummer2012406.jpg

I didn't have any of the marshmallow. Really loved the pineapple. Juicy and drippy and delicious! The grapes were Ok, I didn't love or hate them. Glad I tried them once.

Off to China where DH grabbed the pork buns ...

WDWSummer2012409.jpg

I was surprised how much I liked these. Slightly sweet roll, BBQ pork inside. Very tasty.

He also picked up a drink he thought I would like. I don't remember the name but it was coffee, tea, chocolate and bourbon! No idea why he thought I would like this as I HATE anything coffee. We let DS have a couple of sips and he loved it.

WDWSummer2012410.jpg

Last up was Mexico where we shared the Nachos

WDWSummer2012414.jpg

And churros with caramel cream

WDWSummer2012415.jpg

Very tasty way to end the snacking part of the day! We then spent a couple of hours going back & forth between Off Kilter and British Revolution before our upcoming dinner at Tokyo Dining!

Love your reviews. I have one question - and I might have missed this somewhere - Does your OOP amount include tips?

Love your reviews. I have one question - and I might have missed this somewhere - Does your OOP amount include tips?

Thank you and No, I figure tipping is a personal thing and somewhat controversial here on the Dis so I have not included what we tipped.

Fantastic snacks review!! I really wish I made room for that Napoleon or the rest of the wonderful examples you provided.

That is the type of dining day that I want sometime soon!! No dining plans just all manner of snack and drinks!! Go at your own pace and enjoy!

So funny that you and Mr. DDW had similar snacks - chocolate covered pineapple - and you both liked it! The chocolate covered grapes not so much.

I am not a kraut lover but I definitely want to try a brat. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter