Moonlight Magic 2020

recmouse

DIS Veteran
Any guesses if this will continue or not? I hope so... and I hope they coincide with my plans! :)

They have typically released the dates towards the end of the year. Certainly not a guarantee, but considering they need to keep people wanting to buy direct I think they will continue.

The dates generally come out right after I get done booking all of my plans for the entire year, which normally are not any of the 2020 moonlight dates! I sure have the knack for missing the party dates and sadly, I don’t book any holidays.

😂 see the 2020 dates in blue! The few times my dates did work, I was on a cruise on those dates! 👏👏🚢🚢
uh-oh - we're at the BWV April 30-May 12 - guess we'll give up on MM for that trip :laughing:

I'd say yes. And I'd bet similar dates.
Aren’t the dates different this year than last year. I know I went to one last year and there is nothing near my trip this year. I think the dates should change to let different members get a chance to enjoy these events. I personally think you should be limited to one event per year, there are hundreds of thousands of members, its only fair. Most are full members.

Aren’t the dates different this year than last year. I know I went to one last year and there is nothing near my trip this year. I think the dates should change to let different members get a chance to enjoy these events. I personally think you should be limited to one event per year, there are hundreds of thousands of members, its only fair. Most are full members.

We’ve been lucky to do all but AK offering. the points you mention surely sound reasonable to me. If they’d impose a minimal charge per member, I’d venture the events would be easier to book :rolleyes1

Confirmed dates are as follows:

Disney's Animal Kingdom: Tuesday January 21, Tuesday February 11 and Tuesday February 25, 2020. Booking for those with hotel reservations begins Wednesday November 20, 2019; others can register Wednesday December 4.

Magic Kingdom: Tuesday March 3, Tuesday April 21 and Tuesday April 28, 2020. Booking for those with hotel reservations begins Wednesday January 8; others can register Wednesday January 15.

Epcot: Monday May 4 and Monday June 29, 2020. Booking for those with hotel reservations begins Wednesday March 11; others can register Wednesday March 18.

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon: Monday July 27 and Monday August 10, 2020. Booking for those with hotel reservations begins Wednesday June 17; others can register Wednesday June 24.

Disney's Hollywood Studios: Tuesday September 15, Tuesday September 22 and Tuesday October 6, 2020. Booking for those with hotel reservations begins Wednesday July 15; others can register Wednesday July 22.

Thanks.

Question: Do you need valid admission for these events? I'm thinking specifically about Typhoon Lagoon... if you don't have regular admission for water parks can you still attend that event?

Those dates are interesting to see which weeks WDW predicts to be slower.

I'd make my trip for Tues Feb 25 to Tues March 3, need to buy my DVC first. That would be awesome, doing both AK and MK MM in one trip during great weather and before spring break crowds hit. Have fun whoever goes!

I'm wondering if Animal Kingdom Park is better than Magic Kingdom? Any opinions would help me decide which one I can attempt to book. I have been missing the dates with my planned stays previously, next year I have a chance. Also, how long is the park open for Moonlight Magic? 3 hours? And can anyone tell me a little bit about what to expect besides shorter wait times for rides? I would appreciate any info.

TIA
Dee

Wow for the first time I have the opportunity to participate in one of the these events but guess what? I'm not a night person, I tend to shut down when it's dark out. We will be in WDW for the AK event on 1/21, not sure I will do it. I have to review with DH and if he thinks it's worth while (he probable won't) I will see if my DD and family want to go...so many choices, what to do.... :sad2:

Thanks.

Question: Do you need valid admission for these events? I'm thinking specifically about Typhoon Lagoon... if you don't have regular admission for water parks can you still attend that event?
Admission is free after 6pm with a moonlight magic reservation. However if you would like to get in the parks before 6pm general admission is required

I was considering adding a day for the February MM, but I have a trip in March (missed that one too), and used the rest of my points for it. Changing my flight wouldn't be so bad, cost wise, but what's the sense in paying anything to attend a free member event? Then I was considering going to the October 6th MM, but it's just too hot for me in early October and who knows where else I might want to go that month, so no MM for me. Hope everyone that's going enjoys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter