Moonlight Magic AK

I don't understand how the park closing time has anything to do with what time you can get inside AK as a guest attending MM. The park doesn't close for MM party-goers until the MM party is over.
Disney allows people in for MM only so early 1-2 hrs prior to park scheduled closing. If you want earlier than this you need active park ticket and a park reservation.

Disney allows people in for MM only so early 1-2 hrs prior to park scheduled closing. If you want earlier than this you need active park ticket and a park reservation.

We're AP, so it doesn't matter to me, but I am really curious about why some posters think they'll be allowed to enter the park at 4 or 5 pm.

It’s an opportunity to use the vouchers while more places are open. At the HS MM, the lines at the carts were sometimes longer than the ride lines. If you use the vouchers when the park is open, that’s less time you’ll spend in a line during the event.
For MM at HS, you couldn't use any of the vouchers before 7 pm.

ETA - when the people who have reservations in July get their info, we'll be able to see what the entry times are and what kind of vouchers DVC is offering.

We're AP, so it doesn't matter to me, but I am really curious about why some posters think they'll be allowed to enter the park at 4 or 5 pm.
Because AK closes earlier than the other parks. For example, when DHS closed at 9:00, people were allowed to enter at 7:00. So if AK closes at 7:00, then it would make sense to be able to enter at 5:00. I think 4:00 is just wishful thinking though.

Because AK closes earlier than the other parks. For example, when DHS closed at 9:00, people were allowed to enter at 7:00. So if AK closes at 7:00, then it would make sense to be able to enter at 5:00. I think 4:00 is just wishful thinking though.
DAK is currently scheduled to close at 8 pm on July 26 and 7 pm on Aug 31. So entry for the first DAK event entry probably won't be until 6 pm and then possibly 5 pm for the Aug event. Disney has not release park hours for the Sept event date yet.

DAK is currently scheduled to close at 8 pm on July 26 and 7 pm on Aug 31. So entry for the first DAK event entry probably won't be until 6 pm and then possibly 5 pm for the Aug event. Disney has not release park hours for the Sept event date yet.
I hadn't looked at the hours for July and August, but I figured AK would close later in the summer. I'm expecting a 7:00 closing for September, so I'm thinking we will get in at 5:00. PP had asked why people are expecting a 4:00 or 5:00 entry time. I was just explaining why I think they are expecting those times. Again, I believe 4:00 just won't happen.

That's good to know!
And I know people won't agree, but IMHO, it's not like they're giving you anything great enough to stand in a long line. We (party of two) had a total of 6 vouchers. We used one for popcorn, two for sodas, one for a pretzel and gave away one popcorn and one regular one. Longest line we were in (6 people ahead of us) was to get sodas.

I'm attaching snapshots of the vouchers from HS MM. They're crappy but readable.

Attachments

• MMHS Voucher Back.jpg
    MMHS Voucher Back.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 38
  • MMHS Voucher Front.jpg
    MMHS Voucher Front.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 33
And I know people won't agree, but IMHO, it's not like they're giving you anything great enough to stand in a long line. We (party of two) had a total of 6 vouchers. We used one for popcorn, two for sodas, one for a pretzel and gave away one popcorn and one regular one. Longest line we were in (6 people ahead of us) was to get sodas.

I'm attaching snapshots of the vouchers from HS MM. They're crappy but readable.

Are the Mickey Bars still free or do you need to use a voucher?

Is it just the Mickey bars or frozen strawberry bars that are likely to be free?

Just these 2 - but make sure you get them from the designated area as at the first Hollywood Studios MM, some unknowning guests used their snack vouchers to get a mickey bar.

Also - they do run out - I went to get a mickey bar at one location around 11pm and they only had frozen strawberry bars.

When is the date and time to try? I didn’t hit the button exactly at 11am. It was 11:00:41 and I had 14542 in line before me. Does it open a few minutes or seconds before eleven or should I just try on several devices like everyone else and push them all at different times. 🙁

When is the date and time to try? I didn’t hit the button exactly at 11am. It was 11:00:41 and I had 14542 in line before me. Does it open a few minutes or seconds before eleven or should I just try on several devices like everyone else and push them all at different times. 🙁
There was no need to wait, you needed to hit the button before 11:00. You could have hit it hours earlier. Hitting it at 11:00, you go to the end of the line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter