Moonlight Magic at AK, Sept 2017

Last year we picked up our bracelets at AKL at the DVC desk. I imagine it will be more crowded doing registration at the park...may be btter going to a DVC resort to get your bracelet.

Did they let you check in at the resort a little earlier?

Last edited:
No.

ETA - I was still traveling so sorry about short response above. I asked the front desk about that - I understood from them that someone from DVC would come over and sign people in at right time. The front desk knew about it but they weren't going to be the ones doing it.

We had FOP FPs for just before the event so went on to AKV and didn't wait around to see.

Last edited:

We checked in at whatever time they had announced they would open and were second in line to check in. They didn't open for check in earlier than announced.

Any thoughts on whether or not the Moonlight Magic from 9/13 will be rescheduled to later in the month? I know Disney isn't officially closed on Wednesday yet but I'm hoping they will add another day later on.

Any thoughts on whether or not the Moonlight Magic from 9/13 will be rescheduled to later in the month? I know Disney isn't officially closed on Wednesday yet but I'm hoping they will add another day later on.
I am wondering the same. As of right now, we are going down on tues, dependent on the news of damage not only in Disney but also along I95 and surrounding areas. I really don't want to go down there and find out wed morning that they are canceling it. We are only going down for that and for a Halloween party.

Have any of the moonlight magic events been canceled before? If they do cancel this one, I am wondering if they will give the ticket holders first in line for the rescheduling or if they will provide another offer, like a one day pass. I know - the event isn't guaranteed and we didn't pay for any tickets but thinking especially with the storm and all, maybe they would.

Priority for rescheduling, possibly, but I highly doubt they'd offer a one day ticket for a free event like this. Having said all of that, my guess, based on the forecast, is that the event will occur on the 13th as scheduled.

I hope it is still on for the 13th
We check in on Wednesday and my baby turns 22 at midnight :-)

Priority for rescheduling, possibly, but I highly doubt they'd offer a one day ticket for a free event like this. Having said all of that, my guess, based on the forecast, is that the event will occur on the 13th as scheduled.

I mentioned over on the main Irma thread that I spoke to a dvc guest services CM today who advised against rescheduling as of today (we leave Wednesday) and said they're aiming for Tuesday to be up and running. Obviously there are variables but I found that calming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter