Moonlight Magic is BACK!

Does is say if the Skyliner will be running? We are going to the June event and staying at Riviera.
Transportation & Parking:
  • Complimentary parking is available at Disney's Hollywood Studios for Members and Special Guests on the event date beginning at 6:00 p.m.
  • Members must show their digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and event confirmation at the auto plaza to receive complimentary parking.
  • Walt Disney World® Bus service will be available until 2:00 a.m.
  • Disney Skyliner transportation (to Disney’s Riviera Resort and Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort only) until 2:00 a.m.
  • For returns to Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort after 10:00 p.m. please use bus transportation from the Disney's Hollywood Studios Main Entrance

Last edited:
Does it say anything about the food plans? We are going on June 16 and are trying to figure out if we want a dining reservation or not beforehand.

Does it say anything about the food plans? We are going on June 16 and are trying to figure out if we want a dining reservation or not beforehand.

Food & Beverage:
  • When you check-in, be sure to pick up your complimentary Delectable Delight vouchers which can be used for a variety of sweet and savory snacks at multiple locations throughout the park between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. as well as limited locations during the event.
  • Delectable Delights vouchers cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Please reference the voucher for other important details.
  • Additional food and beverage offerings will be available for purchase.

Food & Beverage:
  • When you check-in, be sure to pick up your complimentary Delectable Delight vouchers which can be used for a variety of sweet and savory snacks at multiple locations throughout the park between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. as well as limited locations during the event.
  • Delectable Delights vouchers cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Please reference the voucher for other important details.
  • Additional food and beverage offerings will be available for purchase.

Thanks all. Looking forward to hearing / watching the reports on the first night. Excited to see what we have in store in June. We've never done a MM event, but have done After Hours events before.

Just chatted with member services who said the email won't go out until next week as many things have "yet to be determined" good lord. it's in 5 days. What is not determined at this point?
lol, literally 10 min after I chatted with the guy who said it wouldn't go out until next week, I got my email. Boy, they sure don't share info there do they?

Starting later (7pm entrance) and ending earlier (12:30am) than other events. Also chuckled at the initial email when it said Thursday, May 24th (they’ve since corrected).

Another interesting wrinkle is that RotR IS operating, but closing at 11:30. So basically guests will have to choose to do RotR at 11:30 or enjoy the last hour of the event elsewhere. Kind of annoying, but at least it’s an option at all.

Hmm, too bad on the earlier closing. That is annoying. I'm "guessing" they are cutting off the line at 11:30 for ROTR so that CMs aren't there until 1:30 or later getting it to clear.

Hmm, too bad on the earlier closing. That is annoying. I'm "guessing" they are cutting off the line at 11:30 for ROTR so that CMs aren't there until 1:30 or later getting it to clear.
It’s not for clearing it so the CMs can go home. It’s for nightly maintenance for reference Disneyland is open almost nightly til midnight but ROTR routinely closes at 9pm most nights.

I'm surprised they plan to have ROTR open. I wasn't expecting it to be. Now I need to rethink my plans for the June date because I had an ADR for Oga's scheduled for 6:30. If they aren't letting us in until 7 that won't work.

Can anyone tell me how wristbands are handed out? Does our entire party have to arrive at the same time, or can I collect the wristbands, and if someone in the party can't arrive at the same time, I meet them at the gate with their wristband?

It’s not for clearing it so the CMs can go home. It’s for nightly maintenance for reference Disneyland is open almost nightly til midnight but ROTR routinely closes at 9pm most nights.
Wrong wording / reason given on my part, but my point remained the same as yours. Get it cleared out earlier.

Can anyone tell me how wristbands are handed out? Does our entire party have to arrive at the same time, or can I collect the wristbands, and if someone in the party can't arrive at the same time, I meet them at the gate with their wristband?
Will depend on the CM that checks you in.

For this years Epcot event, we were already inside Epcot when we checked in (we have APs) and the CM asked if everyone was already INSIDE the park. They didn't need to be with us at that exact moment, but she want to make sure they were already inside the park.

Not sure what they will do if you check in outside of the park.

Is the 7PM start time unusual? I thought in past events they let people in at 5PM. Was hoping to get into the Studios earlier.

Is the 7PM start time unusual? I thought in past events they let people in at 5PM. Was hoping to get into the Studios earlier.
I think it's always been about 7pm because the park is open later. For the halloween party (in the past) they let you in at 4pm for the 7pm party start time. It's always been later for moonlight.

Park entry has been 6 pm for many years including this years Epcot MM events. So yes, 7 pm is unusual. The actual event start time is not until 1 hour after the park closes for the day.

I think it's always been about 7pm because the park is open later. For the halloween party (in the past) they let you in at 4pm for the 7pm party start time. It's always been later for moonlight.

I found the email we got for the 2019 AK Moonlight Madness and it looked like they let us in at 6PM, but the event only ran from 930 to midnight. Happy to be able to attend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter