• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moonlight Magic

Dvcguy1

Earning My Ears
Can anyone give me more details on what happens at these events. Plan to go to HS for the 7/14 event. What time do they open how long are the hours
Do you know what rides are available. Do you plan to go to that park earlier in the day . Long time DVC member first time at this event.

thanks

Can anyone give me more details on what happens at these events. Plan to go to HS for the 7/14 event. What time do they open how long are the hours
Do you know what rides are available. Do you plan to go to that park earlier in the day . Long time DVC member first time at this event.
They typically allow park entry as early as 6 pm using just the event issued wristband. To enter before 6 pm, you would need a ticket and a park reservation. The actual event won't start until 1 hour after park closing and should run for 3 hours.

Unless down for refurbishment or technical issues, most rides should be available during the event.

There sometimes have been meet and greets with DVC execs. Free snacks (ice cream, soda & chips). I've even been to one at Magic Kingdom that involved special fireworks show. It depends on the budget etc. If you are going to be there, I'd say it's worth going. To go out of your way to be able to go? Maybe not. Unless you don't have a park ticket and really want to go to that park.

There sometimes have been meet and greets with DVC execs. Free snacks (ice cream, soda & chips). I've even been to one at Magic Kingdom that involved special fireworks show. It depends on the budget etc. If you are going to be there, I'd say it's worth going. To go out of your way to be able to go? Maybe not. Unless you don't have a park ticket and really want to go to that park.
I know they used to have meal vouchers. Did they do away with those in recent years?
They typically allow park entry as early as 6 pm using just the event issued wristband. To enter before 6 pm, you would need a ticket and a park reservation. The actual event won't start until 1 hour after park closing and should run for 3 hours.

Unless down for refurbishment or technical issues, most rides should be available during the event.

View attachment 649873
I know OP was asking about DHS, but I'm curious about AK. I realize Safari won't be available during the party, but can you ride it between 6:00 and park closing?

Was wondering about this. We check out of our resort the day before one of the MM nights, and was wondering if it was worth it to try to revise the trip to attend.

I know they used to have meal vouchers. Did they do away with those in recent years?

We last went in February 2020 and received wristbands and meal vouchers which entitled us to one entrée and one beverage at select restaurants. We went to Sautuli Canteen and I recall Flame Tree was another option. You could get Mickey Ice Cream bars or No Sugar added Fruit Bars at what is now Starbucks.

I know OP was asking about DHS, but I'm curious about AK. I realize Safari won't be available during the party, but can you ride it between 6:00 and park closing?

The Safari was open until 10:00 pm. We rode it at 9:50 and didn't see very much.

I am a blue card member and have a stay booked during one of the announced dates. Does anyone know how to book/reserve a slot?

I am a blue card member and have a stay booked during one of the announced dates. Does anyone know how to book/reserve a slot?

You should get an email shortly before registration opens for the event.

From what I understand, you need to have a confirmed reservation on the dates involved to get the e-mail to reserve your spot? I never got the E-mail on Feb. 22 for the March MM date. I mentioned it to the DVC cast member when I was on the phone for something else. She said if I didn't have a reservation for the date in March, I wouldn't have got the e-mail. Phew, thank goodness I am already booked for June 16th. I should get that e-mail. Can anyone tell me if it fills up within minutes?

From what I understand, you need to have a confirmed reservation on the dates involved to get the e-mail to reserve your spot? I never got the E-mail on Feb. 22 for the March MM date. I mentioned it to the DVC cast member when I was on the phone for something else. She said if I didn't have a reservation for the date in March, I wouldn't have got the e-mail. Phew, thank goodness I am already booked for June 16th. I should get that e-mail. Can anyone tell me if it fills up within minutes?

The one last week filled up in less than an hour and a half.

I have attended a few where there were meal vouchers. I went to one in Typhoon Lagoon where they did not. Of course, in post Covid, who knows what they will offer.

Does anyone know what the odds are of getting one of these spots? How many people do they allow per event?

Was wondering about this. We check out of our resort the day before one of the MM nights, and was wondering if it was worth it to try to revise the trip to attend.
It is definitely worth it. If you can swing it do it, but if you don't do it right away you might not get it. DVC members snatch up the single days of the events to the MM event. I think all booking is pretty much gone for for the published dates by now.

We were lucky, we are staying over the July AK event, so we will try hard to be there. We went to that one before covid, it was just wonderful. I got to meet and greet with Carl Fredrickson and Doug, made me feel like a kid again - something there for everyone...

RP

We attended one at HS in 2018. From my recollection all the rides were open (shows were not). In addition they had a dance party at the Indiana Jones theater and several character meet in greets. The one I remember that was mobbed was to meet Ewoks in the outdoor que area for Star Tours. We got meal vouchers that could be used at several QS locations and there was also free ice cream novelties for snacks. It was a great event and we brought a couple family members who live in the Orlando area. They were amazed that the whole party hadn’t cost us anything to attend.

I have attended a few where there were meal vouchers. I went to one in Typhoon Lagoon where they did not. Of course, in post Covid, who knows what they will offer.

Typhoon Lagoon is the only one that has never had some kind of actual meal, probably since there isn't much quick service places there in the first place.

They first started with doing chicken nuggets, hot dogs, chips , grapes, soda/hot chocolate/coffee as more of grab and go as much as you wanted, then switched to the meal vouchers.

Typhoon Lagoon is the only one that has never had some kind of actual meal, probably since there isn't much quick service places there in the first place.

They first started with doing chicken nuggets, hot dogs, chips , grapes, soda/hot chocolate/coffee as more of grab and go as much as you wanted, then switched to the meal vouchers.

There were meal vouchers at TL in 2017.
Luckily DW & I got our meals early.
By 8 PM they were running out of food at most locations and the lines were very long.
They ran out of BBQ at AK, at the 2018 event.

There were meal vouchers at TL in 2017.
Luckily DW & I got our meals early.
By 8 PM they were running out of food at most locations and the lines were very long.
They ran out of BBQ at AK, at the 2018 event.

We never had issues using the meal vouchers, but we always used them early since didn't want to waste the event time eating. We have done MK 3 times, AK, DHS and Epcot each once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter