More AKV info at dvcmember.com

booger73

Stayed at a Holiday Inn last night...
;)

Well.. sortof - but it's hidden and not active yet.. although the pages are there:

(Guess that's what happens when us snoopy people look at the web source code :))

(note, unfortunately, the real pics for the AK layout aren't up yet on the media site)

http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/member...tDetail?id=DAKVMemberAccommodationsDetailPage

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas

Accommodations
Catch the spirit of the savanna! Live among the animals as you luxuriate in all the comforts of home in either Jambo House or Kidani Village.

Studio
Click here for room layout

Sleeps up to four
Queen-size bed, plus full-size sofa bed
Flat panel TV and DVD
Wet bar, small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker
Private porch or balcony
316-365 sq. ft. in Jambo House
366 sq. ft. in Kidani Village
One-Bedroom Vacation Home
Value Rooms sleep up to four, all others sleep up to five
Master bedroom suite with king-size bed
Master bathroom with whirlpool tub (additional bathroom in living area of One-Bedrooms in Kidani Village only)
Queen-size sofa bed in living room
Sleeper chair in living room (except in Value Accommodations)
Flat panel TV and DVD in living room, and flat panel TV in master bedroom
Full kitchen includes: coffee maker, dinnerware, glassware, flatware, pots and pans, microwave, toaster, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher
Laundry area contains stacked washer and dryer
Private porch or balcony
629-710 sq. ft. in Jambo House
807 sq. ft. in Kidani Village
Dedicated Two-Bedroom Vacation Home

Sleeps up to nine
Two bathrooms: one is a Master bathroom with whirlpool tub
Second bedroom with two queen-size beds
Sleeper chair in living room
Full kitchen includes: coffee maker, dinnerware, glassware, flatware, pots and pans, microwave, toaster, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher
Private porch or balcony
1,173 sq. ft. in Kidani Village
Two-Bedroom Lockoff Vacation Home
Defined as a Studio plus One-Bedroom
Value Rooms sleep up to eight, all others sleep up to nine
Second bedroom with two queen-size beds
Sleeper chair in living room
Private porch or balcony
945-1075 sq. ft. in Jambo House
1,173 sq. ft. in Kidani Village
Grand Villa

Surround yourself with colorful creatures, intricate African art and all the comforts of home in this retreat that's as vast as the savanna and offers such modern amenities as:

Downstairs:
Main entrance
Master bedroom with king-size bed
Flat panel TV and DVD
Dining room with dining table and chairs
Private porch or balcony
Upstairs:
Second entrance
Two additional bedrooms with two queen-size beds in both
Two bathrooms
In Kidani Village only there is a queen-size sofa bed upstairs in the sitting area (maximum occupancy is 12, but extra sofa bed adds flexibility for sleeping arrangements)
Sleeps up to 12
One story in Jambo House; 2,349 sq. ft.
Two stories in Kidani Village; 2,201 sq. ft.
*Amenities may vary by resort and are subject to change without notice.

Floor plans and furnishings are subject to change. Actual room size may vary.

http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/member...esortDetail?id=DAKVMemberRecreationDetailPage

Recreation detail:

Recreation
Go wild with a whole collection of activities for the entire family.*

Available fall 2007 at Jambo House:

Hakuna Matata Playground
Climb, slide and have fun with "no worries" on this 24-hour playground located next to the pool, overlooking the flamingo area and the savanna.

Pumbaa's Fun & Games Arcade
Play both classic arcade favorites and the latest in video game entertainment at this high-tech game room, located next to The Mara restaurant and across from the wading pool.

Simba's Clubhouse
Enjoy a parents' night out and treat children ages 4-12 to an evening of supervised activities, computer games, Disney movies, dinner and snacks in an environment created just for them.

Uzima Pool
Enjoy Uzima, our feature zero-depth entry pool. Uzima means "clear water," and there's plenty of it to enjoy, along with a 67-foot-long water slide. Younger Guests will have fun in the wading pool, and our two spas offer aqua-therapy for all ages.

Zahanati Massage and Fitness Center
Pamper yourself with facials, body treatments and various massages. Work out on state-of-the-art exercise equipment, make an appointment for a personal training session and take advantage of amenities including dry saunas and steam rooms.

Zawadi Marketplace
Celebrate the world of African art and culture at this colorful retail shop. Purchase mementos of your journey, and observe native artisans demonstrating their crafts in a dynamic atmosphere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available Now at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge:
Join us for viewings and activities honoring the creatures of the savanna. Go on a cultural safari, watch animals at play at dusk with night vision, try your hand as a junior researcher, or watch animal handlers feed the pelicans and flamingos.

Sunrise Safari
Take a 30-minute safari to get an inside look at the animals, the grounds and the operation of Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, and then savor a lavish breakfast buffet at the Tusker House Restaurant. Subject to availability, Park admission is required but not included. This tour is exclusive to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level Concierge Guests only. Club Level Guest should contact the Club Level Itinerary Planning Office for full details and to check pricing, times and availability.

Wanyama Safari
Available to all Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Guests, this three-hour safari-dinner adventure is a recreation of a true African afternoon game drive. Spend time with members from the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge animal programs team to learn about the natural history and management of the animal collection. Enjoy incredible photo opportunities of the animals and the architecture of the Resort. Conclude the experience with a multi-course meal at Jinko, "The Cooking Place." Subject to availability. Guests must be 8 years of age or older.

Wildlife Discovery Excursion
Venture off the trail of the Harambe Wildlife Reserve during this one-hour adventure led by a seasoned Safari Guide and animal expert. Stop at special observation areas for unique animal observation and photo opportunities. Park admission is required. This tour is available to Club Level Guests at all Walt Disney World resort hotels.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available late 2009 at Kidani Village:

Barbeque Pavilion
Fire up the grills, and picnic alfresco or in the covered area located near the sports courts of Kidani Village.

Basketball and Shuffleboard Court
Shoot some hoops at the half-court, or slide on over for a gripping game of shuffleboard. All equipment is available at Community Hall.

Community Hall
Looking for rainy day activities? Drop by for planned activities, arts and crafts, board games, table tennis, foosball, Play Station 2, or downtime TV viewing.

Johari Treasures
Find fascinating gifts, or buy books, toys or various sundries you may have forgotten. Located in the lobby, this shop has what you need — including DVDs to rent or buy.

Survival of the Fittest
Work out with weights or on treadmills, bicycles or stair climbers, and then relax in the soothing sauna, whirlpool spa or steam room. Located near Samawati Springs Pool, this fitness center is open to all Walt Disney World® Resort Guests over 14 years of age; an adult must accompany Guests under age 18 at all times.

Safari So Good Arcade
Test your arcade skills while you play classic and new games in this high-tech entertainment room located near the lobby.

Samawati Springs Pool
Cool off in this zero-entry pool that features a 128-ft. long water slide. Take relaxation to a whole new level in one of the two spa pools near the main pool, or refresh at the Maji Pool Bar.

Tennis Court
Grab a partner and serve up some fun on the courts near the Barbeque Pavilion. All equipment is available at the Community Hall.

Uwanja Camp
Climb elevated rope bridges, dash through geyser jets, or relax in the waterfall lagoon or beneath the shade of the camp cabanas in this village playground themed as an animal observation site known as Uwanja Camp — uwanja means "play area." Explore three distinct zones — the base camp, the departure zone and the observation station; each area has its own character and activities for age-specific groups.

*Please note that features and amenities are subject to change, and some activities require a fee, need reservations and have certain age requirements.

Learn more about dining at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas

Dining page (http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/member...berResortDetail?id=DAKVMemberDiningDetailPage)

Dining
From relaxing lounges to refreshing bars by the pool to world-class dining, find something to satisfy everyone's tastes at Jambo House in Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Kidani Village at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas.

Dining at Jambo House

Boma, "Flavors of Africa"
Bask in the warmth of this expansive and inviting family buffet for breakfast and dinner. Experience open kitchens and watch the creative culinary team prepare salads, vegetarian dishes, grilled seafood and roasted meats — inspired by the varied flavors of over 50 African countries. A traditional "boma" in Africa is an open, natural space that provides a safe and sheltered area in the veld.

Jiko, "The Cooking Place"
Savor the vibrant flavors in this casual, specialty restaurant that is designed to show off the changes in light from dawn to dusk. Revel in creative American cuisine blended with multi-cultural influences from the Mediterranean coast, India and Europe, infused with fragrant spices of Africa — and cooked in wood-burning ovens and an open kitchen. Dinner only.

The Mara
Convenience on the savanna comes from this quick-service "Grab 'n Go" market that features a sweeping selection of American cuisine such as sandwiches, homemade soups, salads, pizzas and hamburgers.

Victoria Falls Lounge
Sip specialty coffees, teas and a variety of beverages from this lounge that is perched in the perfect place overlooking Boma restaurant.

Uzima Springs Pool Bar
Cool off at the pool, and quench your thirst with frozen African specialty drinks from this refreshing bar. Uzima means "clear water," but there's so much more than that here!

Dining at Kidani Village (available late 2009)

Sanaa
Indulge your senses! Sanaa, meaning "work of art," defines the atmosphere and the cuisine at this restaurant — with beautifully prepared food and an atmosphere simmering with style. Wait for your table in the comfortable 24-seat lounge that is adjacent to the spacious dining room. Savor breakfast and dinner here, and take a taste of art.

Maji Pool Bar
Maji means "water" — water, water everywhere! If you're looking for something cool to drink to revive you from the heat, whether it's water or something more unusual, look no further than this bar located near the Samawati Springs Pool.

Wow, thanks for the info! Sounds great - especially the interactive water play area and the new restaurant.

Truly amazing how you uncover this stuff! Thanks for sharing. The new restaurant and pool sound very nice.

This is good information. Thanks for posting.

I'm a little disappointed that there is no counter service option at Kidani Village. I guess we will have to walk to Jambo House and go to The Mara. Maybe Sanaa will have some sort of counter service type spot.

I assume Uwanja Camp is the water play area associated with the new pool at Kidani Village.

Thanks for posting all of that informaiton. We love the AKL but are no DVC members yet.

They're not active yet..

Probably won't go active till the other links are active..
Perhaps when they start selling to all people (3/5?)

Might get a picture of it soon though, since I bet some of it will be pictures of the models!

Thanks for the info! I'm going to have to tell my little sister I already used all the points for a few years or she'll have me taking her all the time. . .:lmao:

SimbaCub
OKW April 2007
VWL Thanksgiving 2007
VWL Week before Christmas with friends

They're not active yet..

Probably won't go active till the other links are active..
Perhaps when they start selling to all people (3/5?)

Might get a picture of it soon though, since I bet some of it will be pictures of the models!
I've also been monitoring those pages all week checking to see if the floor plans became accessible. At least one of those hidden web pages has some code commented out with a note about making the information available on 3/5 so I expect (hope!) the floor plans and maybe even some photos from the model rooms will be put up on the website at that time.

Excellent info booger. Thanks for digging it up. I'm very excited about AKV and it's taken all I've got to restrain myself from buying points, congrats to all who did.

Thanks so much for that info. Does anyone know what the difference is between a "porch" and a "balcony". Since I'm most interested in the studios, I looked there and couldn't help but notice they said "private porch or balcony". Oh, I just thought of something-maybe they just mean first floor is porch, above that is balcony. Does that sound right?

Thanks so much for that info. Does anyone know what the difference is between a "porch" and a "balcony". Since I'm most interested in the studios, I looked there and couldn't help but notice they said "private porch or balcony". Oh, I just thought of something-maybe they just mean first floor is porch, above that is balcony. Does that sound right?

I think that's it Simba's Mom :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for the info! I have been debating since we received the postcard on whether to buy at AKL or buy a resale at VWL. With the extra 10 years and the new building having its own savannah, I think I will call first thing tomorrow and buy 100 pts at AKL! I try to buy 2 contracts of the same point value in anticipation of my 2 DD's getting these contracts later (a looooong time from now), so I will get 100 points here and 100 points when the CRV (hopefully) opens, or whatever the next DVC resort happens to be. Wish me luck with my June use year!

Awesome info!

Thanks.

We're "pulling the trigger" tomorrow morning. Got everything set with our guide already...just need to call in payment.

The info here is GREAT news, I think.

Thanks for the info.
It looks like the 1 bedroom does not have the big walk in closet. I like using the closet to store all of our stuff and put laundry baskets in there for that as well. hhmmm...

I can't wait to see it all in person.

Room layouts are up at dvcmember.com:

studio.jpg

onebedvacationhome.jpg

twobedroom.jpg

grandvilla.jpg

grim pirate:

Thanks grim! Awesome pics.

Looks like those are for the new building. :)

And they address all the "negatives" that people were disappointed about in the conversion rooms.

It looks like the queen bed in the studio has bed-side tables on both sides of the bed! I sure hope that's true -- that's one of my (and DH's) peeves about the studios at the other resorts.

Also glad to see the full bathroom in the 1BRs in Kidani Village. I had posted about that earlier and then when pressed on it, couldn't remember where I had heard/read about it. Whew!

I think the floor plan for the GV might be the one for the Lodge, since it's all on one level. I think the GVs in Kidani Village are 2-story.

Also when you click on the link over on the left for the Points info, it brings up the points chart for SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter