More AKV info at dvcmember.com

FYI, September is the first UY going on sale to the GP. We're on the phone with our guide now getting everything taken care of. :)

And I agree...the GV is likely from the existing building.

OK, it's official. We're DVC members, home resort of AKV, with September '07 use year. WOO HOO

Here's some info we got from our guide:

First, no pictures allowed by anyone viewing the models..at least not yet. He's not sure what will happen when they officially open them (within the next few days, in not tonight), but the guides were basically told NO pics.

Second, there is a new 8 page color brochure, that they saw this morning, that's going out to anyone who asks about it. It will contain room layouts, artist renderings, and more info on the resort. He's sending us a copy...though it may be that we get a whole new "promo" kit...he's not sure if they can just send out the brochure or not.

:)

OK, it's official. We're DVC members, home resort of AKV, with September '07 use year. WOO HOO
:)

Congratulations! Our guide is out of the office today but she said she had "reserved" our 200 points at AKV and will process the purchase tomorrow.

Congratulations pilferk, MEM, and BriarRose59 on your purchases!!!

I'm glad the web site is getting more info... my guide said he would send me a packet too. I can't wait to see it!

Thanks to sharing all this good information!:thumbsup2

It is very exciting!!!
:cool1:

I cant view the video- anyone know why that might be?
Anyway, the pictures posted look great- I am happy to finally see the room layout. Anyone know how many square feet for each?
Congratulations to those of you who just purchased. We bought a resale that has gone to ROFR- so keep your fingers crossed for us. We are planning on buying an add on at AKV next year or the year after and I am very intereseted in all of the AKV info.

teaser video has pictures of rooms- they look beautiful- and not at all dark- just bright and exotic.

Wow! The artist rendering pics LOOK like pics of a 1 BR (living area and master suite). That's primarily what we'll be booking so...I gotta say, if they look CLOSE to that, I'll be VERY happy. :)

great post...thanks for sharing this info!

Is it just me, or is there no closet in the studio. I don't think I'd like to do without a closet..even if the armoire is large.

great post...thanks for sharing this info!

Is it just me, or is there no closet in the studio. I don't think I'd like to do without a closet..even if the armoire is large.
It looks there will be armoires in the studios in both Jambo House and Kidani Village and in the 1BRs in Jambo House. The armoire in the artist's rendering of the Jambo House 1BR looks very pretty. I hope the real thing is as nice.

The good news is it looks like we're getting bed-side tables on BOTH sides of the queen bed in the studio!

Screen capture pictures from the video - for people who can't see it..
Oops.. already posted in a different thread, but.. I"ll leave it here for people who are following this one

1250882007-03-05_191047.png

1250882007-03-05_191554.png

It looks there will be armoires in the studios in both Jambo House and Kidani Village and in the 1BRs in Jambo House. The armoire in the artist's rendering of the Jambo House 1BR looks very pretty. I hope the real thing is as nice.

The good news is it looks like we're getting bed-side tables on BOTH sides of the queen bed in the studio!

The armoires in the lodge rooms, while darker wood, are hand carved and gorgeous. I'm assuming the same quality in the dvc rooms. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter