more hotel questions. Two adults, Cabana Bay vs Royal pacific

Kebby

DIS Veteran
Two adults going for two nights and two days at the parks.

We can :

1. Do Cabana Bay and pay for ep ( going over new years) and pay 1196 for hotel and tickets for the two nights with EP

2. Do Royal Pacific and pay 1500.00 for two adults, two nights with tickets and included EP.

For the difference of 300.00, is RP worth it for two adults? We will be going to the NYE event at citywalk, so being able to walk back at the end of the night from RP is great. Can we walk back easily to Cabana Bay? If the kids were coming I know Cabana Bay hands down. For two adults, would RP be 300.00 worth it to have a more upscale feeling? For reference, we are DVC owners at polynesian.

It is definitely a shorter walk from CW to RPR. I walked back to CB one night after doing the parks and CW, and it damn near killed me. Shoulda taken the bus.

There is also a great upscale feeling at RPR. It is our fav for the ambiance. It feels like the Poly, but is better (as judged by my entire family).

My husband and I stayed at the Royal Pacific this past February. I weighed the differences of paying for EP vs less money at CB.
I picked RPR because it seemed to be a better deal with EP and is closer, I think or has better transportation than CB. I don't know for sure, but I think there is only the bus to the park when staying at CB and it lets you off at the garage entrance. Correct me if I am wrong please?
We absolutely loved everything about RPR. It was beautiful, comfortable, and loved the boat to the parks. The CM's were all great. We would not hesitate to stay there again. But if you have kids, then maybe CB would be the best?

We've stayed at both and enjoyed them equally. RP has a more "romantic, upscale" vibe...the grounds/lobby are beautiful and the walk is not bad at all. I cannot imagine walking from CB; we took the bus and it was very efficient. However, the vibe there is more spartan, and definitely "kitschy". I'd stay at either again. The Express pass is wonderful! If the express pass you're looking into buying isn't unlimited, definitely go with RP!!

If kids were in the equation it seems that RP would be better since you would purchase additional EP for them if staying at CB.

Is there any way to squeeze in a 3rd park day? Two nights at RPR will give you 3 days of EP.

Here now at CBBR - 2 adults. The walk is doable if you're in shape. I did it the first night, and took the shuttle back. We have had no issues with the shuttles and the walk from the drop-off to the parks is no big deal. We don't have or need EP at this time of the year, so CBBR was a no brainer for our first trip. We also liked the food options at the Bayliner Diner more than at the RP. Have fun either way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter