Most Hated Foods

Illinois. I don't think of "Lunchables" as food, so I guess I agree? I'm not sure it would even hit my radar.

From the second map, I sort of agree with olives. I don't mind most of them, but really hate black olives.

I think K-cups for a Washington May have more to do with it being home to Starbucks.

As a Californian I just don’t find Chick-Fil-A all that great. Certainly not worth the long (environmentally unfriendly) drive thru lines.
I don't know too much about the food, but I do know of the very vociferous protests against the company. There are currently 7 locations in all of Canada. The first** one, in downtown Toronto, caused havoc for quite a while with protesters against the owner's public stance on certain moral issues trying to run it right out of town. It was in the national news daily during those times. I guess Chick-Fil-A perservered though, and somebody must like the food because the growth of the chain, currently still limited to southern Ontario, seems to have been pretty robust.

**For accuracy, the very first one was actually here in my city, but it was inexplicably located on the departures level of our international airport. This limited it's exposure (no protests that I know of) and availability due to security and as usual, it was closed on Sundays. It only lasted a year or so; I never got to try it. I honestly am still scratching my head on why this ever even happened. :confused3

With the long lines at Chick fil A, I'd say this is not correct about CA. To be honest, I can't think of anything here that a lot of people don't want to eat. Possibly a crappy buffet.
Boy, that's the truth. Maybe people are SAYING they hate it, while waiting in line to buy some people it is the politically correct thing to do ? My wife and I have a hard time convincing people that we don't go to Chick Fil A because we don't care for their food. And that is saying something because my wife could eat chicken three meals a day everyday. Just not Chic Fil A chicken.

Boy, that's the truth. Maybe people are SAYING they hate it, while waiting in line to buy some people it is the politically correct thing to do ? My wife and I have a hard time convincing people that we don't go to Chick Fil A because we don't care for their food. And that is saying something because my wife could eat chicken three meals a day everyday. Just not Chic Fil A chicken.
Don’t understand the Chick FIl A love. It’s almost cultish with the long lines for what seems mediocre at best. We drove to Florida last year, from the NE, stopped at Chick FIl A (my dads death and we were driving down with our son & DIL & grand dog) It was just so-so. Later that trip, we ate at a Bojangles & Zaby’s, far better chicken sandwiches. I believe these are southern chains and hoping they make there way further north.

I'm sorry but that map is a joke. Are their any duplicates of most hated food? That seems unlikely to me. You know a hated food? Anchovies! I know this because I like them, especially on pizza. But let me order it and watch all of the Eww Gross reactions around the table. And don't get me started on turnips.

@ronandannette your "vegetable forward" comment made me LOL.

Don’t understand the Chick FIl A love. It’s almost cultish with the long lines for what seems mediocre at best. We drove to Florida last year, from the NE, stopped at Chick FIl A (my dads death and we were driving down with our son & DIL & grand dog) It was just so-so. Later that trip, we ate at a Bojangles & Zaby’s, far better chicken sandwiches. I believe these are southern chains and hoping they make there way further north.
Chik Fil A is relatively new to our area, less than 15 years. A couple of my co-workers from New York (Brooklyn specifically ) could not believe we did not have them and when the first one opened, it was like a pilgrimage for them.
We were also among the last areas of the country to get a Walmart. I remember a discussion between my news anchors, one questioning why we were even reporting the Grand Opening. The other explaining why this was a huge huge huge deal. The anchor questioning the coverage was from Beverly Hills, the other anchor explaining what a big deal this was was from Oklahoma. And he was VERY passionate about what a big deal this was.

As for New Jersey, there is no such thing as “Gas Station Wine.” There may be a few exceptions (liquor stores that sell gas too) but in general gas stations and convenience stores in NJ are forbidden from selling alcohol.
Gas stations in my area don’t even have convenience store, just service stations.

I expected to see a lot of liver, and quite a few Brussels Sprouts.

1708190263992.png

Yeah, I don't get all the hype over this. A sodium bomb on the same deflated fast food bun as anyone. A chicken sandwich that flirts with mediocrity from the bottom side even by fast food standards at an above average price. And you get two pickles. Weeee. And often times they're placed so they overlap reducing the number of bites with pickle in em.

Chick Fil A is very good at one thing. Moving people through their drive throughs fast. I'd rather wait longer and eat at a place good at chicken sandwiches. Better yet, just skip the bun and give me some good chicken.

As for New Jersey, there is no such thing as “Gas Station Wine.” There may be a few exceptions (liquor stores that sell gas too) but in general gas stations and convenience stores in NJ are forbidden from selling alcohol.
Maybe they're trying to slam on their betters in adjoining states.

:duck:

Don’t understand the Chick FIl A love.
Yeah...its way overrated to say they least. Maybe if people did not waist their time protesting it, it would not be so popular. If you don't like it don't eat there - protesting them is just giving them more attention.

Anchovies! I know this because I like them, especially on pizza
Yeah - people who hate anchovies probably never had anchovies, especially the really good white ones.
I like to put them in pizza dough and deep fry them.

Brussels Sprouts.
What's not to love about Brussel Sprouts. Roast them with bacon some maple syrup...

but really hate black olives.
I can live without the Greek black olives, but I really like the Portuguese Black olives.. they are hard to get here at a reasonable price. Also they have to be pitted, don't want to deal with the pits at all.

I'm sorry but that map is a joke. Are their any duplicates of most hated food? That seems unlikely to me.

The little disclaimer at the bottom indicates that it is the most hated compared to everyone else. So more people hate Chic-Fil-A in California than anywhere else. Not that other states don’t also hate it. We just have more people who hate it.

That's a good idea. Roast Bacon in maple syrup... I bet that would be awesome without the brussels sprouts.

Ok kidding aside, I didn't put them up there because I hate them, but because a lot of people do.

I fry them with some bacon and balsamic.
I enjoy brussels sprouts so I thought I would like the balsamic variety but I did not enjoy the flavor. Now give me all the bacon, but leave the balsamic out for me. :)

New York…ranch on pizza? What is that? I’ve never had it and never heard of it. People put ranch dressing on pizza? Can’t say I hate it, but would never think to try it because it’s definitely not a thing around here. :confused3

Second map…well I do not care for olives of any variety, however DH and DS love them, as do many others in my circle. I like eggplant, sushi, and pickles (not together), and the rest of the foods mentioned are all okay, no hate. The edges of brownies and especially the corners are the best pieces!

Who makes up these things and how can they generalize for an entire state with millions of people? :rolleyes2

Could the Jersey wine issue be "wine product" or is that only a New York thing?

New York…ranch on pizza? What is that? I’ve never had it and never heard of it. People put ranch dressing on pizza? Can’t say I hate it, but would never think to try it because it’s definitely not a thing around here. :confused3

Second map…well I do not care for olives of any variety, however DH and DS love them, as do many others in my circle. I like eggplant, sushi, and pickles (not together), and the rest of the foods mentioned are all okay, no hate. The edges of brownies and especially the corners are the best pieces!

Who makes up these things and how can they generalize for an entire state with millions of people? :rolleyes2
You've never heard of chicken bacon ranch pizza? Also there was a fast food pizza place that offered ranch sauce for dipping the end crust in at one point. I can't remember which one.

I think ranch on pizza is much more popular other places, here you can get buffalo chicken pizza with ranch or blue cheese, but that’s it. Hot honey is becoming more popular though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter