• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate

Lisa24jks

DIS Veteran
Yay or nay? I'm thinking of taking a very quick trip to the parks in June and my usual places are either booked or WAY overpriced for the weekend I'm looking at. And this one seems like it's in my budget, especially for a really impulsive decision.

I'm not super picky and a hotel during a Disney weekend is literally just a place to get some sleep in, but I do like it to feel clean and safe. I've had bad luck with other Motel 6 locations, but have never stayed at this one.

Thank you!

This is our go-to when we just need a place to sleep. Granted it's been a few years since we've stayed there and things can change but it was always clean, safe, etc for us. We'd take the ART to/from the parks easily.

This was my go to a few years ago. I am a solo female international traveler and I never had any issues staying here. There is a small convenience store in the lobby and lots of vending machines. They have free coffee from 6.30am to 10.30am. I used to get the ART bus to and from the parks.

One thing to note is that there are two blocks of rooms. The main block with rooms over the lobby and the back block. The blocks are connected by stairs on the upper levels. The only elevator is in the main block over the lobby. I requested a room in this block on my online booking form.

Last time we had to request new pillows because one of them had a hair in it and they got them to us in less than 5 min. Tbh we might have requested them anyways cause we are picky like that.

Everything else was fine. The sink is inside the bathroom if for some reason that's a nono for you.

Never had any trouble walking over there after the parks close either.

We've stayed there twice and it has been absolutely fine each time. It's a basic no-frills room. One time we stayed as our family of 3 and last fall DD(13) and I stayed. It's walkable, but we just Lyfted each time to save our feet.

Yes, I agree with what everyone said. I stayed here with my then 13 yr old daughter and we walked each day and it was safe, clean, and simple. Uber was only $5 at the end of the night also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter