Mrs. Darling's June 2010 Accidental PTR: Pirates and Harry Potter 6/30 TR Link posted

quick sidenote, I am reading a children's novel (hey, children's librarian here, I read LOTS of children and teen fiction and nonfiction) about the World Series, featuring the Nationals as the underdogs. :upsidedow

Michael and John are adroable! :goodvibes: I love how both have strong ties to Star Wars, with their magical Disney moments. :goodvibes:

John looks SOOO sweet!! What an amazing moment at Jedi training! :goodvibes Love the cub scout picture as well--boys are SO much fun!

Aww bless, I love that he gets the Magic of Disney :) Great spotlight :thumbsup2

Sorry I got behind.:sad2: All caught up again!:goodvibes

Great updates!:thumbsup2

Love the spotlights on Michael and John! That hugging an ewok moment with Michael is so adorable and it's so wonderful that John "gets" the magic.

Oh and YAY for going to Disney this month!!:yay::woohoo::cheer2::dance3:

Your spotlight posts are very cute. :goodvibes

DISNEY THIS MONTH!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
And I'll see you there!:cool1:

I have enjoyed the spotlights on the boys! Too cute!
They really are great boys! I'm a lucky mom:goodvibes

quick sidenote, I am reading a children's novel (hey, children's librarian here, I read LOTS of children and teen fiction and nonfiction) about the World Series, featuring the Nationals as the underdogs. :upsidedow

Michael and John are adroable! :goodvibes: I love how both have strong ties to Star Wars, with their magical Disney moments. :goodvibes:
What is the title of the novel? Michael would get a real kick out of that. Both boys are Star Wars loving fools. It's one of those things they inherited from their father;)

John looks SOOO sweet!! What an amazing moment at Jedi training! :goodvibes Love the cub scout picture as well--boys are SO much fun!
John is such a sweet kid. He just has an incredibly good heart and honestly not a mean bone in his body.

Aww bless, I love that he gets the Magic of Disney :) Great spotlight :thumbsup2
He is my Disney boy! In fact he tells me he's going to live in Florida when he grows up and I can come visit whenever I like.

Cute spotlight!!

Yay for Disney this month....I'm jealous!
It still doesn't seem quite real that Disney is coming up so soon. I think it's because we're still in the throes of Spring Sports and the big dance recital is this weekend. After that is all over with then I think it will seem more real.

Sorry I got behind.:sad2: All caught up again!:goodvibes

Great updates!:thumbsup2

Love the spotlights on Michael and John! That hugging an ewok moment with Michael is so adorable and it's so wonderful that John "gets" the magic.

Oh and YAY for going to Disney this month!!:yay::woohoo::cheer2::dance3:
They are both great kids. That ewok moment may forever remain my personal favorite Disney moment. Even the photopass photographer commented about how cute it was.

What a great post about John! What a sweetie! :goodvibes

Sounds like things are working out well with the drop off of your niece...now you can stick with your original plans without needing to modify, or feeling guilty for not modifying.;)

Glad to hear your family training runs are going well! What a healthy example you and your husband are showing your kids!:thumbsup2 And what a sense of accomplishment your family will feel together on Marathon Weekend!:)

What is the title of the novel? Michael would get a real kick out of that. Both boys are Star Wars loving fools. It's one of those things they inherited from their father;)

The novel is Change Up by John Feinstein. It is the newest title in his series featuring two kid reporters who cover major sporting events, uncovering a mystery along the way.

Great spotlight on John...very interesting that his favourite moment is in a different park from his favourite ride and neither were in his favourite park! Really highlights how each park has something for everyone :)

I forgot to ask earlier, have you guys been to Hilton Head Island before? My parents have rented a condo there for the month of March for the last 5 years and we've been lucky enough to join them for week most years. The beach is amazing, its a great choice for a couple of recuperating days :thumbsup2 What area of the island are you staying in?

I am enjoying your updates! It is interesting to see the things each child is looking forward to. It won't be long now!

Love the John spotlight! What a sweetie!!!

Amanda
Thanks. He is such a nice kid.

What a great post about John! What a sweetie! :goodvibes

Sounds like things are working out well with the drop off of your niece...now you can stick with your original plans without needing to modify, or feeling guilty for not modifying.;)

Glad to hear your family training runs are going well! What a healthy example you and your husband are showing your kids!:thumbsup2 And what a sense of accomplishment your family will feel together on Marathon Weekend!:)
Things did work out well with my niece and the cruise. I know that all of you here on the DIS get that I don't like messing with my plans. So now I don't have to! Marathon Weekend really will be lots of fun. I can't wait to get a picture of all of us together with our medals. That will be a keeper:goodvibes

The novel is Change Up by John Feinstein. It is the newest title in his series featuring two kid reporters who cover major sporting events, uncovering a mystery along the way.
Thanks. I'm going to have to look that up. Michael is a bit young, but maybe John would like the series.

Great spotlight on John...very interesting that his favourite moment is in a different park from his favourite ride and neither were in his favourite park! Really highlights how each park has something for everyone :)

I forgot to ask earlier, have you guys been to Hilton Head Island before? My parents have rented a condo there for the month of March for the last 5 years and we've been lucky enough to join them for week most years. The beach is amazing, its a great choice for a couple of recuperating days :thumbsup2 What area of the island are you staying in?
We've never been to Hilton Head. I'm not even sure exactly where we are staying. DH made the hotel reservations. I think it will be a great way to recuperate after the crazyness of Harry Potter. I'm glad to hear the beach is so nice.

I am enjoying your updates! It is interesting to see the things each child is looking forward to. It won't be long now!
2 weeks from today for us! And even sooner for you!

Love the spotlight on John! My DS16 still loves Disney, even though he probably wouldn't admit it to his friends. :rolleyes1

Love the spotlight on John! My DS16 still loves Disney, even though he probably wouldn't admit it to his friends. :rolleyes1

That is great to hear! I sometimes worry about what I'll do when my kids don't love Disney anymore so I love to hear of kids that never quit loving it:goodvibes

It's time for Wendy's spotlight so here she is:

dancer.jpg

As you can see she is our dancer. In fact her recital is this Saturday. With dress rehersals and the recital itself we have a busy few days coming up. Wendy is a sweet responsible girl that is trying to navigate the gap between childhood and being grown up (kind of like the real Wendy Darling) The joke in our house is that we have two grown ups that live here. DH and Wendy:laughing: The boys and I just like to play all the time. Who knows what would happen if Wendy wasn't around to keep us all on task;)

Wendy's favorite park is

Image318.jpg

I would expect nothing less from Wendy. This is a place of education and sophistication all in one. Wendy is smart as a whip and has her own definite sense of style.

Wendy's favorite ride is also in this park:

Image691.jpg

She really likes Soarin too.

Her favorite Disney Restaraunt is a bit unexpected.

DSC00572.jpg

The Plaza in the Magic Kingdom. It's my favorite place to eat in the Magic Kingdom too. Simple food, but tasty. With a great view of the castle:cool1:

Favorite character:

Image667.jpg

They both have this thing for shoes:rolleyes:

Favorite Disney Moment:

You've seen this one before, but it's worth showing again.

image059.jpg

Her own private tour of Minnie's house.:cutie:

Most looking forward to this trip. Well this is a no brainer and if you remember is the reason this whole trip "accidently" came to be.

CastawyCayDay.jpg

Her Disney Cruise!

So there you have my beautiful daughter Wendy:flower3:

Love your spotlight on Wendy!!:goodvibes Those pictures with Minnie are so cute....ahh...how can you not love Minnie!:lovestruc

She must be so excited for her Disney cruise!!:yay::yay: Almost there.....;)

Beautiful!! You have the cutest kids!!

Good luck on your recital, Wendy :goodvibes My DD had hers two weeks ago and it went great! I am so interested in finding out when her Minnie Mouse house tour happened!! HOW AMAZING :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter