Mrs. Darling's June 2010 Accidental PTR: Pirates and Harry Potter 6/30 TR Link posted

Thanx :) have emailed that to myself to read later on (lunch break nearly over), but I still can't believe it :(

I'm here! :goodvibes I was going to tell you about the Expo Hall thing but I see you found it.
Thanks for coming over. Feel free to pipe in especially when I get to the days that we're meeting you at the parks:goodvibes

Thanx :) have emailed that to myself to read later on (lunch break nearly over), but I still can't believe it :(
I'm a bit bummed too. I never knew it was even there until it's basically gone:confused3

What :eek: No thats on my Must Do List for this year.

They are changing so much these days and not for the better on some things :sad2: DF was telling me last night that they are going to get rid of any resort merchandise and just have the generic Disney products and see what feedback they get from guests about it. I am quite shocked and angry because people stay at the resorts they favour and like to get a souvenir specific to that resort to bring home as a memory.

Some of the resorts have areas where you can watch cartoons. You can also watch a movie on the beach at the Poly and GF too, which sounds like fun :thumbsup2

Complaints is what they’ll be getting from me. :mad:

Just a quick update today. I'd thought I'd show you what we did for our Give a Day service. We did it back in February when it looked like this outside

That would be the street in front of our house:scared1:

Anyway here we are at work on the blankets. We did these through a local Binky Patrol.

Here is a picture of the final products. (Sorry it's not the greatest, but you get the idea.)

This was a fun way to spend a winter day when we were all stuck inside. Michael isn't old enough to qualify so we only did 4 blankets. It may be something we do again sometime. I'm really glad we did it early because now the program is closed! Crazy that it went so fast!

Complaints is what they’ll be getting from me. :mad:

I think it's too bad they are eliminating resort specific stuff as well. It makes it much less likely we will buy stuff on return trips. I mean how many things does anyone want that say Walt Disney World? (Don't answer that. I know there are some people that may feel that is limitless:laughing:) For myself I'd be much more tempted to buy something that said Boardwalk or Old Key West or whatever. For instance last summer I spent an obscene amount for a Beach Club ornament. I guess I won't have to worry about doing that again.;)

Love the picture of you all sitting together making the blankets and they turned out great :thumbsup2

Love the picture of you all sitting together making the blankets and they turned out great :thumbsup2

Your blankets are very cute. I remember that snow.:scared1:

We made blankets too for the same charity. It was a great family activity.

Thanks! It was a great way to spend one of those snow days. There were defintely too many of them this winter! But now my daffodils are blooming so life is good:goodvibes

Thanks for the info on the APs. I didn't realize you are a DVC member. We've gone back and forth about it over the years....

Amanda

Hey Jenny! Hopping on board for your next TR! Sounds great so far!:goodvibes
:welcome: It's great to see you! I'm going to have to hop over to your PTR!

Thanks for the info on the APs. I didn't realize you are a DVC member. We've gone back and forth about it over the years....

Amanda
We just joined DVC last fall and we bought a small 50 point resale. We didn't want to finance and that is what we were willing to pay. We've transferred points in to cover our January stay and we'll use it for a night in October as well. I'd love to have more points, but they aren't cheap so who knows if we will ever add on anymore. So far transferring from other members has worked fine. This coming trip I rented points which we've done before and that works well too. As long as I'm at Disney:goodvibes

Cute blankets! So glad the snow is all gone, atleast here it is!

Ahh...sad about the Expo Hall closure! We were hoping to check it out this year!!:sad2:

But, on the brighter side...your blankets turned out soooo cute!! I'm so glad that we were able to participate as well. It was a great program, it's too bad it closed so early.

Cute blankets! So glad the snow is all gone, atleast here it is!
The snow is all gone here too and the daffodils are blooming! Happy Happy Days:hippie:

Ahh...sad about the Expo Hall closure! We were hoping to check it out this year!!:sad2:

But, on the brighter side...your blankets turned out soooo cute!! I'm so glad that we were able to participate as well. It was a great program, it's too bad it closed so early.

I'm a bit bummed about Expo Hall as well, but I'm sure we'll find stuff to keep us occupied! I still think it is crazy that Disney didn't extend the GAD program. They put so much into promoting it:confused3

The Big news of the Day:Harry Potter's Grand Opening is scheduled for June 18 So now it is official it will be open. I really wasn't worried, but I like the official announcement. Now I just have to be scared of the crowds:scared1:

Its cool that they have officially announced it, let the madness begin :)

We just joined DVC last fall and we bought a small 50 point resale. We didn't want to finance and that is what we were willing to pay. We've transferred points in to cover our January stay and we'll use it for a night in October as well. I'd love to have more points, but they aren't cheap so who knows if we will ever add on anymore. So far transferring from other members has worked fine. This coming trip I rented points which we've done before and that works well too. As long as I'm at Disney:goodvibes

I was wondering about doing something like that! I'm glad it's working for you. What's your home resort?

The Big news of the Day:Harry Potter's Grand Opening is scheduled for June 18 So now it is official it will be open. I really wasn't worried, but I like the official announcement. Now I just have to be scared of the crowds:scared1:

So jealous. So very jealous! :worship:

Amanda

I just read a preview of what the main ride is going to be like....ooohhhh, it looks cool! It gets the Harry Potter nut in me all ready to go...but we won't be going this year. Our last day in the parks is the 19th, plus I'm really worried about what the crowds will be like. So bummed! It'd be easier if I knew we would get back down there sometime soon, but I'm pretty sure it'll be a few years...too many other places to visit! I'm trying to convince DH that we need to go on an adults-only trip down there when I graduate with my master's degree (sometime late 2011)...maybe we could tack it on there. He might be convinced to go if it combines Disney and Harry Potter...hmm....

I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back - bring back lots of pictures!!!! :goodvibes

I'm scared for you!! I hope HP takes away some crowds from WDW then.. lol ;) But I'm envious too that you'll be seeing it soon! Who knows if we will be able to hold out. BEING down there while it's open will be tempting...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter