~My 24th Bday Bash at WDW!! SURPRISE #1 PG 5!!!!

Those were absolutely beautiful pictures. Thanks you so much for sharing them. The resort does look like a dream. With all the natural wood & artifacts. Wow.

I came for the Kidani pics and I'm staying for the trip report! I can't wait to read more

Thanks for the pics of Kidani Village! Do you have any more pics of the large slide and do you know you are allowed to use the AKV pool if you are staying at AKL?

OMG!!! I am not supposed to be on the net (I'm at work - shhhhh) but I thought I'd check the DIS and you made my whole night with those Kidani pictures. Yeah!!!! Thanks so much! can't wait to show my boys and my DH!!!!! Can't wait to go in Sept!!!!

Hi Megan.
I looked for you last Nov., but I felt like such a stalker, walking into BBB with no little girl, I got a few wierd looks, so I left.

Thanks for coming back and writing a TR with your parents.
We were at CSR this past Sunday. I thought it would be a good idea to eat breakfast, blech, what was I thinking. We should of went to AK and tried to get into Boma's.

Happy belated birthday, and how is the job status going. I heard Kentucky and Texas are always looking for teachers. And if you can hack inner cities schools try those. And look up Catholic Archdiocese website, they post teachers jobs.

OhMari

Thanks for posting the Kidani pics -- they look great!

I liked your comment about the "new room smell" at CSR made me wonder if it was like a "new car smell?" ;)

Thanks so much for posting the pics of Kidani Megan! That's our home resort and we can't wait to stay there. Great to see a little preview of it. :goodvibes

You are welcome, thanks for reading!!!

Ohhhh...I can't wait to hear what was in your room. I hope it was something good. Loving the trip report.

Loralie

You are welcome, thanks for reading!!!

Okay, I just have to say thank you so much for those Kidani pics. My family has been dying to see the pics. You have made our day! I can't wait to go there next month.

You are welcome!!!

great start soo what was in the room...

Thanks for posting these pictures!!!!!!!!!! They are the first I have seen! I LOVE how the actual lobby and rooms look but like others I am disappointed in how small the pool is! The kids area looks awesome though!:goodvibes

Yes the pool is very small :( The kids area is wonderful but I didn't even notice a small kiddie pool like Jambo House has. Oh well!!

Megan, thanks for the great pictures from Kidani! We can't wait for our first visit home this June/July. Enjoy reading your TR. Looks like you had a great plan and a lot of fun. CSR looks like a great place to stay. We may have to give it a try sometime.

One question. In your picture for Maji, the pool bar at Kidani, there are signs with Menu on them. Did you happen to notice what is offered? Is it just a list of drinks, or did they have a few food offerings (burgers, fries, etc.)?

Thanks and good luck with your training. Being at the castle full time has to be awesome (magical)!pixiedust:

I'm sorry I did not look at the pool bar to see if they had food :( The area leading up to it was blocked off with the bar chairs so I got what I got :( I hope they would have something and fill mugs too like CSR but I guess by next week they should have the full menu posted on allears if they have food??

WOW, thank you for sharing the Kidani Village pictures!! It looks great! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for more of your TR...popcorn::

Thanks for reading

I am in!!! Great pics of the resort. Both of them. I am actually more excited about the CSR. We want to stay there the next time we are at Disney.

Thanks for reading!

Great trip report! Thanks for the pictures of Kidani and CSR. I love the new design of the CSR rooms!

Glad you enjoyed the pics!

I came for the Kidani pics and I'm staying for the trip report! I can't wait to read more popcorn::. Thanks for the pictures of the CSR room too :). They have really changed them since I was there in 2005. They look so ... upscale now. Nice on one hand but more generically "hotel room" on the other. I hope that Disney doesn't lose the individuality of each resort while they are remodeling.

I had never stayed there before so I was surprised at how upscale they looked compared to CBR and POFQ both of which I have stayed at this past fall. The new smell was nice :)

Thank yo so much for posting.

The Maji Pool Bar - I notice there are two menus posted. Did you by any chance noticed what was offered? They can't all be drinks?

I did not notice the menu. I could not go right up to the bar so I zoooomed in and got what I could get, sorry!!

Thank you so, so, so much for posting those Kidani Pix! :thumbsup2

We're staying there this Fall and I've been dying to see real pix of the pool and play area!

Looking forward to more report!

Kathy

P.S. :bday:

Thanks!

Megan,
Did you have ceramic coffee mugs at CSR? The last time we stayed at POFQ all we had were the disposable ones. First day of our vacation I ended up buying coffee cups to avoid drinking from the styrofoam ones.

Yes they had coffee mugs. My mom used one the first and only night we were there. I'm not sure they even had plastic cups. I'm pretty sure they had the clear glass and coffee mugs.

OMG !!!!! Thank you a million times for the kidani pics x

you're welcome!

thank you for all the photos. Can you tell me if you happened to look at the menu at the pool bar? Maybe this will be an option to not having a CS at Kidani.

thanks

could not see the menu up close :( sorry!! hopefully by next week allears will have something?

great pics of a nice place!! gives one a good view of the place

...but I have to say that they could have made it look a bit more... wildernesslike

you're welcome!

Thank you for posting your photos!

You're welcome!

Great photos!

thanks for reading!

Great pics of AKV. I can't wait to see it. I absolutely love AKL and know I will love the villas the same.

thanks for looking!

Great pics!

I can't wait to hear about all the birthday fun with your parents!

thanks for reading!

Thanks for posting the Kidani pics -- they look great!

I liked your comment about the "new room smell" at CSR made me wonder if it was like a "new car smell?" ;)

it was like that, and wonderful too!

Hi Megan.
I looked for you last Nov., but I felt like such a stalker, walking into BBB with no little girl, I got a few wierd looks, so I left.

Thanks for coming back and writing a TR with your parents.
We were at CSR this past Sunday. I thought it would be a good idea to eat breakfast, blech, what was I thinking. We should of went to AK and tried to get into Boma's.

Happy belated birthday, and how is the job status going. I heard Kentucky and Texas are always looking for teachers. And if you can hack inner cities schools try those. And look up Catholic Archdiocese website, they post teachers jobs.

OhMari

Haha, it happens all the time. I know recently they have been watching the door more often bc it is becoming super popular! Thanks for the bday wishes and job advice. It's slow but coming. My teaching test is next week for FL so we shall see!!

OMG!!! I am not supposed to be on the net (I'm at work - shhhhh) but I thought I'd check the DIS and you made my whole night with those Kidani pictures. Yeah!!!! Thanks so much! can't wait to show my boys and my DH!!!!! Can't wait to go in Sept!!!!

you're welcome!

Thanks for sharing your pictures! The villas look beautiful!

thanks for looking!

Thanks for the pics of Kidani Village! Do you have any more pics of the large slide and do you know you are allowed to use the AKV pool if you are staying at AKL?

I would assume u can use the villa pool if you are staying at AKL? The dvc guy told me that to get CS food you just take a park bus but get off at AKL so they are sharing buses. I think it is just too big unlike WL/WLV which are all connected and close by. I don't have any more pics of the slide. The first hot tub that you saw is on top of a hill and there are steps beside that up to the slide and goes down to the bottom of the hill. I only saw once wheelchair ent. but there are 2 differnt sets of steps up and down to the pool. Hope that helps!

I came for the Kidani pics and I'm staying for the trip report! I can't wait to read more

thanks!

Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!

you're welcome!

Those were absolutely beautiful pictures. Thanks you so much for sharing them. The resort does look like a dream. With all the natural wood & artifacts. Wow.

you're welcome!

Ooooo I bet everyone has been curious as to what was in the room!!!!!!!!

Well, when I left off, I was at the pool at CSR and was heading back to the room to shower and run errands before heading to the airport.

As I put the key in the door and opened it up, I looked at the table in the room and FOUND:...............................

april2009026.jpg

THE DISNEY FLORIST HAD COME!!!!!!!

I was shocked beyond belief. My mom had asked for their website back in March 2008 when I was a CP to get me flowers for my bday but saw how expensive they are and opted to find a flower company in orlando and had them delivered to my CP apt. For those of you who are not familiar with my past TRs, I was a CP (college program) at the BBB at MK so being a Fairy Godmother in Training, I always had a pixie dust wand!! I then went camera happy and took loads of pics of my "PIXIE ROSE WAND".

april2009028.jpg

april2009029.jpg

THE HIDDEN MICKEY!!!!!!!!

april2009030.jpg

I had taken a picture of the note up close that was left but it has personal info on it so I opted to not post that on here. It had a message on the inside from my family and the black mickey paper you see is how to care for the rose. It was brought with the little water holder which I used until it died because since the rose was covered in fabric, I did not want it to mold or smell :) I still have the rose and plan on keeping it forever!!!! My mom was certain it was supposed to be covered in pixie dust but I liked it just now it was. I get enough pixie dust at work to brush off on it!! lol.

After my wand excitement, I had to shower and get ready for the airport. By 5 I was dressed and ready to go. The flights didn't get in until 9:30 and 10 but I thought I had enough to keep me busy until they arrived. I drove over to CSR lobby to fill up my mug for the road and get my dad a bag of kettle corn popcorn. I always try and get my parents a little treat or present when they come. For my mom I got her an egg plate for easter w/mickey mouse and minnie and my dad cookies and popcorn. After some shopping I headed to Lake Buena Vista and headed to Great Clips to get my hair cut and walked in with no wait!!! I got just an inch off which now I wish I would have had him cut more but oh well! After that I headed to Target for some travel items and some other things. After a car wash and gas at Sams Club, I was headed to the airport but realizing it was just pushing 6:30 I decided to kill time and stop at a local bookstore to pick up a study book for my FL teachers test.

Shortly before that was my first roadblock of the trip. Long story short, I was talking to my dad who told me he was going to call me back when he got to the airport well he never did or before he got on the plane which is odd and not like him. With him starting a new job this past fall and living a state away from my mom till they sell our PA house, he is on the phone pretty often so I called my brother and he had not heard from him since he parked at the airport and at that point my mom was on her plane from PA. I figured he forgot but I would call and call and it would ring and ring..unlike a cell phone when it's off and goes to VM. I arrived at the airport in Orlando, parked the car and headed in to check the arrival screens. It was only 8 so dads flight was not on the screen yet but no flights from Cincinnati were on screens, to or from :scared1:

So to keep my mind off of all the airport drama, I headed to McDs to get some dinner but could hardly eat bc I was so nervous. I kept in contact with my brother who gave me updates about the OH plane and that it was in the air and their locations and so I waited and waited and waited and finally at 9:30 mom landed and I met up with her who quickly assured me dad was on the plane and they had boarded 30 mins early and took off early....HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF!!! It turns out he did not have time to call :( After we got the bags and took them to the car dad arrived!!!! After packing the parents up in the car we headed to CSR!! You may ask why do I pick them up? For me sitting in a hotel room when I'm not working is just crazy! I enjoy picking them up and it's wayy quicker than taking DME and more fun for me!!

We got back to CSR and I was sooo excited to get in the room to show them my flowers and opened the door and gave my parents their gifts and went to grab the flowers which were on the bed and my mom said "MEGAN, WAIT A SECOND WHAT'S THIS?????????.................."

COMING UP NEXT!!!!

WHAT IS SURPRISE #2??!!!!!!

First off thank you so much for posting the Kidani pictures.

Secondly, I love your trip report! I can't wait for more. popcorn::

WOW, thanks for the pictures and great report. Any chance you have pictures of the Tree House Villas and pool area?

Happy Birthday and thanks for the report!

Thanks so much for sharing the Kidani pictures. We are staying there May 30-June 6. We have a Studio room.
How many floors of rooms are there?
What floor would give you the best view of the Savanah animals?
Thank you for sharing your TR and pics.
BTW, we are taking our girls to BBB at MK while we are there. It is a huge surprise for them. :) I can't wait. They are 7 and 8 and have never been to Disney.

Thank you so much for posting not only the pics but the maps and brochure too. We'll be coming down in about 80 days and staying at our home resort SSR, but we have dinner reservations at Sanaa. I had no idea at all where it might be located at Kidani. Now I can see the lay of the land so to speak. I can't wait. We also have reservations for Boma. I am wondering, did they say anything about whether or not any of the pools there will be included or not included in pool hopping? I would have loved to stay there, but because this trip we're bringing my MIL and niece for the first time, I thought we'd take them to our home resort. I'm so excited.:cool1:

The offer of Kidani pics roped me in but the surprises keep me coming back!
Thanks so much for the wonderful pictures. :lovestruc
I'm loving the rose wand, wondering what the next surprise will be & can't wait for your next installment!

Jean

Happy belated birthday! Can't wait to see what your next suprise is.
Thanks for the AKV pictures.
I also wanted to share this photo I took when my girls did your AK station in december
20081208093.jpg

Thanks so much for your Kidani pictures, they are amazing! Where can I see pictures of the Treehouse you toured?
Debsxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter