My "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL (& PARADE)COASTAL CALIFORNIA TRIP REPRT" DEC'13

Merry Christmas! Looks like the Beagle's been a good doggie. What about you?

Thanks.

Feel free to ask. Happy to answer if I can but there are a few locals that do hang out and lurk here as well. Ask and you never know who will chime in with local info.

I'm still updating that TR with updates from my November trip. Still have 5 days around San Francisco/Cabrillo to update.

I appreciate that as this will be my very first time into these cities.

As my things I will be doing in March to early April 2013 (locally) will center around food and wine & a few other surprises that will keep me in the mood for all things SO CAL.

That reminds me, I have got to tell you and others a San Fran comment that just had me laughing (from a Guest of ours @ work) - and it centers around of all things - PRAWNS.

Between that
& what's up with me and Christmas............
AND -

that I also have a birthday coming up
DECEMBER 30th.
**(now do you see why I am also planning a late Dec 2014 adventure into Disneyland Anaheim)?**:hyper:

I am suucchh tthhee ppllaannneerr.:rotfl:

DETAILS COMING UP -

T.T.F.N.

SANFRANPICSPARTA127.jpg

(pic from inside a popcorn machine while visiting the FT Worth Texas Science & History Museum - Oct 2012)

Cuz we have FINALLY turned that corner in all things SO CAL.:woohoo:

First up, I finally finished putting together a cd of travel music to keep anyone in the mood for this adventure. :goodvibes

1) Bird Song" by Manheim Steamroller
2) "Country Idyll" by Mason Williams & Manheim Steamroller
3) "Classical Gass" by Manheim Steamroller
(#1, #2 & #3 are great for Spa retreats):cloud9:

4) "Enjoy It" by Maurice Chevalie
(just in case it rains):eek:

5) "Soul Basso Nova" by Quincy Jones
6) "California Dreaming" by The Mammas & The Pappas
7) "California Girls" by David Lee Roth
(#5, #6 & #7 for when I tour LA)

8) Mahna Mahna" by the Muppets
9) "Theres No Buisness Like Show Business" by Mary Martin
10) "Overture to Mary Poppins" ; from the Disney cd, "Mary Poppins"
(#8, #9 & #10 for when I tour Hollywood) :cool2:

11) "It's 5 O'clock Somewhere" by Alan Jackson
(what can I say?? I love 'ritas!!)::yes::

12) "Auld Lang Syne" by Manheim Steamroller
13) "I'm a Pepper" (the Dr. Pepper Theme song)
(#13 for the am on January 1st)

**** Hey.....I practically live off Dr Pepper while on vacation ****;)

14) "The Victors" by the University of Michigan Marching Band
(I can dream, can't I?):rotfl:

15) "Another one Bites the Dust" by Queen
16) "Double Dutch Bus" by Ravone Samone
17) "Pacific Coast Drive" by Doc Powell
(#16 & #17 for 'Motorcoach time' in between cities)

18) "Mission Theme" (theme for NBC NEWS)
(for when I tour Hearst Castle)

......and who can't forget -
19) "I Left my Heart in San Francisco" by Tony Bennett
20) "The Boudin Bakery"
(#20 & #21 came from a Disney cd I have)

21) "Seasons of the Napa Valley"
22) "So Long" from the Disney's 'Haunted Mansion" cd
23) "Happy Trails" by Roy Rogers

ANYWHO -

and looks like I have a 3 hour spa retreat (at a place nearby called Massage Envy) coming up 3rd week in February followed by a early dinner at a pretty cool seafood restaurant called Pappadeux; courtesy of good ol' Saint Nick.:woohoo:
(details forthcoming I promise)

Speaking of seafood (prawns)-
Got a good story to tell about a Guest of ours (where I work at).

Back a few weeks ago when I was feeling down :(about my canceled SAN FRAN trip, he came up to me one day & said to me:

SIDE NOTE: NOW KEEP IN MIND THAT I LIVE APPROX 8 HOURS AWAY FROM GALVESTON, TX & ALSO HAVE FAMILY THERE

SO -
with allllllll due deference to "Pepe":blush:

He (also from south Texas) said that a few years back, he went to San Francisco for the very first time and while visiting the Fisherman's Wharf area, he stopped off at a restaurant and had a wonderful seafood dinner that just really made his day.

Towards the end of his meal, he remarked to the Wait staff how wonderful that meal was.

Well, the Waiter approched him and replied with great pride:

WAIT FOR IT.......

WAIT FOR IT.............

NOW!!
"Why yes SIR! We just had these Prawns flown in yesterday from GALVESTON.":rotfl:

okokokokokokokok............I thought that was funny.:laughing:
as it DID cheer me up.

:bday:
With that, it
looks like I am off to Cracker Barrell this Saturday for a nice quiet birthday breakfast (that just can't be beat......pics forthcoming) followed by a movie.

I mean hey - it has been sooooooooooooooo long since I have out to Cracker Barrell. My mind is just saying:

Pancakes..................
Pancakes.......................

UP NEXT:

PIcs from Cracker Barrell &
just WHAT exactly am I doing April 12th-April 16th 2013 n relation to this December adventure??:scratchin

Details coming up.:3dglasses

T.T.F.N.

Nice list of Californian theme songs!

I have Massage Envy too. I'm envious that you're getting one.

And I smell a fishy story coming up. You've left us hanging with a "gone fishing" sign on your thread. popcorn::

Nice list of Californian theme songs!

I have Massage Envy too. I'm envious that you're getting one.

And I smell a fishy story coming up. You've left us hanging with a "gone fishing" sign on your thread. popcorn::

Well, I figure it this way - I always do my best to open and or close any adventure with a spa retreat.
(PSSTTT!!!! the hotel where I will be staying at for this upcoming Dec 2013 adventure DOES HAVE an onsite SPA)!!:woohoo:

Meaning, it's like a feeling when seeing the Master bedroom section of the Dream Suite over in Disneyland (California).

Ya know.....when the picture behind the headboard is activated and the opening music to the Disney's movie 'Jungle Book' is softly playing in the background........it's just a really nice way to end such a nice vacation::cloud9:

Or as Disney Castmembers say -
'A goodnight kiss.'

Also,
I have now the burned cd of music (from my Ipod collection of 2,464 songs) in my car as I listen to it whenever I am driving to and from work.
It just puts me right in that "vacation sort of mind" & whatever was on my mind earlier.......just goes away.:cloud9:

NOW ABOUT THAT PESKY TOPIC CALLED "WINES.":blush:
From my very first experience in "wines 101" earlier this year, I discovered that I like sweet or semi-sweet wines; be it red or white.

BUT -

In preperation for Pappadeaux's Restaurant in or around Febr 6th area, I am discovering
that there are "sub-sections" of wines!!:confused:

Meaning - there are riesling, sauvignon blanc, chardonnay, blush (on the white side)..........

THEN
ya have Pinot Noir, Merlot, cabernet Sauvignon,etc of the Red side!!

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!:crazy2:

ME?
I have tried chardonnay white wines before BUT.........
(it was ok.....didn't really grab my attention but was ok)

I am wondering what semi-sweet or sweet wines (RED?) would you suggest for a seafood meal while out in the SO CAL area (ultimately why I am trying to research this). The reason why I am asking this rather Goofy ? is that I have a desire to taste different wines that are local to the area; after all - California is the #1 ranked state in producing wines & I would like to be enjoying local assorted wines with local food.

I mean Gheesh la Weesh, I remember as a kid that whenever our whole family would go out to eat at a local restaurant......
say at a Mexican restaurant........

me?
I would order a CHEESEBURGER while there.:upsidedow

And I rreealllyyy wwaaaannnaaaa BREAK that trend.;)

Now
while looking at the Pappadeux's menu,
I have looked at (a white chardonnay) 'Cakebread', Napa Valley & (a white wine Riesling) J. Lohr "Bay Mist" ; Monterrey California & they seem to initially grab my attention.
BUT.......:confused3

Any others??:listen:

okeydokey -

I am off now to the wacky world of Cracker Barrel this weekend & plan on buying some chocolate malt balls afterwards from their gift shop........

boogying on home, (I decided NOT to go out to a movie), whipping up some fantastic instant hot chocolate with marshmellows drink
('cuz it's still COLD OUTSIDE):eek:

AND........

watching, "Scenic Napa Valley Sights & Sounds" dvd.
(by Ambiance Videoscapes)

Will let ya know my "review.";)

P.S. and speaking of 'fish stories,' there's nothing like just a kicking back on the edge of Galway Bay (Ireland) & watching the fish swim late in the afternoon while
listening to Celtic Woman's song, "Galway Bay" on your Ipod.:goodvibes

HAPPY EARLY NEW YEAR TO ALL
NYCPICS-SEPT12013.jpg

(pic of the NYE ball in Times Square; from my NYC adventure TR; Sept 2012)

T.T.F.N.

As far as wines go, I'm usually a one-glass screamer. One glass is as much of alcohol my body can consume before I pass out.

My general rule of thumb is white wine with seafood. You're looking for a sweet/semi-sweet red to go with the seafood? Maybe a zinfandel or a rose or even a lambrusco?

Hmmmm...I wonder if some of the other Californians might recommend a particular vineyard.

Happy New Year to you.

As far as wines go, I'm usually a one-glass screamer. One glass is as much of alcohol my body can consume before I pass out.

My general rule of thumb is white wine with seafood. You're looking for a sweet/semi-sweet red to go with the seafood? Maybe a zinfandel or a rose or even a lambrusco?

Hmmmm...I wonder if some of the other Californians might recommend a particular vineyard.

Happy New Year to you.

A HHUUGGEE thank you for some input as I have been busy on this issue myself these past few days.:thumbsup2

PPStttt!! I had fun the other day learning about you. It seems that on a local tv station that had a segment from one of your local speed boat operators (who were filming right in front of the Opera House) and one of the locals was trying to teach the tv Host how to say where there were from and how to say it if you are a local; which is

"stralia!" but......he kept on saying, "Australia."

Too funny.;)

ANYWHO -
about December 30th......

SANFRAN-DEC13004.jpg

(pic from the local Cracker Barrell restaurant; Dallas Texas)

Dec 29th (the day I chose to celebrate my B.D.) -

It has been a while since I visited a Cracker Barrell but for some dang reason, I was just cravin' some much needed pancakes so off I went to find some....and I wound up here::goodvibes
SANFRAN-DEC13002.jpg

The interior of their gift shop had changed a little since the last time I was in but still, I felt right at home -
SANFRAN-DEC13005.jpg

While I was waiting for my B.D. meal, I decided to play this game (which by the way, I bought one from their gift shop to play now at home) -:yay:
SANFRAN-DEC13007.jpg

a pic from the interior of the restaurant side:
SANFRAN-DEC13011.jpg

and -

Love their fireplace!!:cloud9:
SANFRAN-DEC13020.jpg

Now DID I order some pancakes?? Well.....at the last second, this caught my eye:
SANFRAN-DEC13012.jpg

....and I tell ya what, those french toast just hit the spot JUST right!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

It was really fun to relax and unwind over a really nice meal w/no Dogs around, etc.
Just you, you and well...... you.:goodvibes

After a bit, I peered over my now empty plate of what was once some might nice French Toast and spied this menu:
SANFRAN-DEC13008.jpg

I never had a Baked Apple Dumplin before so I thought I would give it a whirl -
SANFRAN-DEC13017.jpg

Ok......THAT REALLY MADE MY MEAL COMPLETE!!:woohoo:

Soon, it was time to head on back to the ol' homestead (and to grab Ladybug) for a few laps around Duckcreek park.:hyper:

After a few hours of this, both of us were cold, wet, tired and well.....were in need of a small pick me up.

So, back to the home we both a went, she nibblin' off a few treats by her side
and me kicking back with some much needed hot chocolate and a few malt balls while we both took in watching a pretty good dvd called:

"Scenic Napa Valley Sights & Sounds" by Ambiance Videoscapes.
(learned a lot by watching it; wud highly recommend it)

AND SPEAKIN OF WINES -
Yes, I have been learning a lot about them these past few days. That's coming up in my next posting.popcorn::

T.T.F.N.

A HHUUGGEE thank you for some input as I have been busy on this issue myself these past few days.:thumbsup2

PPStttt!! I had fun the other day learning about you. It seems that on a local tv station that had a segment from one of your local speed boat operators (who were filming right in front of the Opera House) and one of the locals was trying to teach the tv Host how to say where there were from and how to say it if you are a local; which is

"stralia!" but......he kept on saying, "Australia."

Too funny.;)

:scratchin And here I was thinking it was the Land of Oz! :rotfl2:

That segment would have been shot in Sydney. I live in Melbourne. That would be equivalent to the distance from LA to San Francisco.

;)
:scratchin And here I was thinking it was the Land of Oz! :rotfl2:

That segment would have been shot in Sydney. I live in Melbourne. That would be equivalent to the distance from LA to San Francisco.

OOPSIE!!:upsidedow
Oh well.....just goes to show ya about us Men & directions!!:laughing:

NOW, about that pesky 'wine 101' topic.........

I have this theory and it's just that - a theory about wines.
And it has to do with one's choice of beverage at breakfast time &
what is one's favorite soda to drink.

So depending of what one's answer is to either one of those two ?s will then set what kind of wine you like to drink.:stir:

For example, if one like to drink O.J. during breakfast time, then one is more apt to drink say either a red Full-bodied wine or possibly even a blush white wine.

Moreover, if one prefers a light colored soda (Sprite for example) over a dark (Coke or Dr Pepper), then IMO one wud prefer or lean towards a red colored wine.

BUT WAIT!!!!popcorn::

What happens if you drink tea???????:confused:

Well, IMO, one would have a prefential towards a light to medium red or white wine.

AGAIN......this is just a theory.:rolleyes1

ANYWHO -
I have been asking a lot of questions about wines these past few days &
from what I can see, I also can tell IMO that the enviornment also sets the mood for what kind of wine a person would want as well.

1) For example, IMO I would highly reccommend a Bunratty honeyMeade wine while over in Ireland.:drinking:
(you can taste the honey from the Meade & it has a slight after-kick)

2) and then a Mead (no 'e' at the end of Mead) while visiting the Scarborough Faire Festival
(makes ya feel like the 'bar scene' from the original "The Hobbit" movie!!) ;)

So, when I am over in SO CAL in these next few months, based upon my initial liking of semi to sweet wines (like the Texas Rose wine @ the Delaney Vineyards; Grapevine Texas) - I feel that my likes are more learning towards the Light to Medium side of red wines (a Merlot) followed closely behind by the Pinot Noirs.

and yes, I can handle the Chardonnay side of the whites ......

but I can tell that since I like Dr Pepper ALOT:faint:.........
(a dark colored soda)

Guiness on the beer side:cloud9:......................
(a dark colored beer)

This is why I lean towards the Red side of wines.:goodvibes

AGAIN......just a theory.:genie:

Now onto the rhealm of Napa Valley:

Looks like (unless they change it) YMT vacations will be visiting the Sebastiani Winery & Sutter Home Winery; which is good so my last day on this vacation is now settled.
and yes -
that was a pretty fun dvd about Napa Valley I watched the other night. Very informative and learned a lot about the area.

So now I am off the visit Massage Envy in about 28 more days followed by a wonderful meal at Pappadeux - looking forward to both as some much need R&R is needed for yours truely.::yes::

UP NEXT:

Getting envious at Massage Envy & just EXACTLY what wine did I order while visiting Pappadeux restaurant??:3dglasses

T.T.F.N.

DSC04019.jpg

She & I are off on a small break.:goodvibes

Back in a few weeks.popcorn::

T.T.F.N.

Have a great break and enjoy Massage Envy.

I wonder if you theory holds with me...

I don't drink OJ for breakfast but I like Cab Savs and Merlots. I also like Chardonnays.
I do prefer a Sprite and I do prefer a red to a white wine.

But wait....I drink tea....again, its the Cab Savs and Merlots for me.

:confused3

Have a great break and enjoy Massage Envy.

I wonder if you theory holds with me...

I don't drink OJ for breakfast but I like Cab Savs and Merlots. I also like Chardonnays.
I do prefer a Sprite and I do prefer a red to a white wine.

But wait....I drink tea....again, its the Cab Savs and Merlots for me.

:confused3

......so much for theories!!:lmao:

Ah well - I promise to be back after a much needed break.:goodvibes

Until then, just remember this VERY IMPORTANT PHRASE:

(LOL)!!;)
*** DOUBLE RIGHT CLICK OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO W/YOUR COMPUTER MOUSE & THE VIDEO WILL PLAY 4 U ****

Ah......u can tell I miss going to a Disney park!!:cloud9:
(looking forward to my next DL adventure; NYE 2014)

T.T.F.N.

SANFRAN-DEC2013007_zps034cd8a6.jpg

(I received this in the mail the other day (my lanyard), now all I need is the ticket to the game & WOO-HOO!!:woohoo:)
** tickets go on sale in December **

Feels good to be back!!:goodvibes

So I receive my home mortage statement about 2 weeks ago and as I was reading it, I noticed something rather unusual in it as it appears my bank was attempting to 'be nice' to me by removing me from monthly auto bank drafting my home mortgage payment.:confused:

Hmmmmmm.........after a few days of thinking how to be creative in responding back to my bank, I have come up with a beautiful reply.popcorn::

Per se, in addition to me now (as of February) coming coming into my bank on a monthly basis to make the payment, I am also ADDING $100.00 onto it as a way to be 'nice' right back at them!!:lmao:

Banks......gotta love 'em!!;)

ANYWHO -

So I WAS all in the process in making a serious run at Sat Febr 9th via a request to enjoy a spa retreat date with my local Massage Envy location (Los Colinas, Texas)when all of a sudden, guess what I received in the mail:

:scared1:****** A JURY SUMMONS!! ******:scared1:

My emotion suddenly evolved into -
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!:mad:

Hmmmm.....wonder if I could say I was:sick: or had to take care of my "dependent" 19 month old daughter.........who has 4 legs.;)

Rats!! I had to go!!:headache:

So I was off for some "fun and excitement":upsidedow a few days back attending thank GOSH only a 1 day jury summons.

Now, unbeknownst to me, this was what the case entailed as I found out the next day:
(JUST GOOGLE "CASA BLANCA TOWNHOME LAWSUIT TEXAS" & UP WILL POP UP SOME OF THE BACKGROUND ON THIS CASE)

----------------------------
Investigation: Homeowners ****l (HOA from the dark side) www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2194872/postsCached - Similar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Feb 25, 2009 Russell Hoff bought his condo at Casa Blanca Condominiums in 2007 ... Hoff filed a lawsuit saying his problems started after his neighbor ... I'm not familiar with TX condo law, but in FL this guy would be going to jail. .... 2) Don't buy a condo, townhouse, duplex, or anything that's attached to another's home.

Now
what made this day for me fun was a few pieces of observation:

1) I walked into a court room filled with 14 (YES....FOURTEEN) suits; 7 for each side.:crazy2:

YIKES!!!! I knew I was going to be in for a rather lloonngg day when I saw this. And sure enough, a long day it was.

2) Both sides kept on saying to us Jury Pool of people "to be fair and impartial" if we were chosen.

Ok.....wait a minute.......:rolleyes:

2a) If "we the People" were to be 'fair and impartial,' WHAT ABOUT THEM?? What prevented THEM from being 'fair and impartial?? If so, then "WE THE PEOPLE" wouldn't even be there.:goodvibes

okokokokok......possible imflamatory comment there BUT.....and I do say but - you will see where I am coming from in a few minutes.

Now not knowing anything about the case, we were being asked a lot of questions about construction, lawsuits and such with 'Yours Truly" not rasing his card a lot (we went from 48 jurors down to about 35 down to about 21 BEFORE the Viodiere process started).

And I was beginning to sweat bullets thinking, "GREAT!! Just what I always wanted to be on.......a jury trial that would last TWO FREAKIN' WEEKS!!"popcorn::

(that is what we were told) -

SO I had to think quick, and lo and behold, around 4:15pm (when the Defense STARTED their questioning of the Jury Pool), he asked us a question that FINALLY I could answer.

And I answered it with a twist.:rolleyes1

Not only did I answer it but I also remarked that I have had numerious situations in my life where I "lost" but for me to harbor/linger hurt feellings about it for say more than 180 days.....well I need (as I then shot a quick glance to the Priosecution) to GET OVER IT.

This started a small chain reaction to where a few more Jurors said this (the Prosecution was also claiming slander, defamation of character, emotional duress and the like and was seeking damages).

Multiple recesses were called.

Finally,
at 6:10pm, we were all called back into the courtroom (the remaining jurors in the pool were getting pretty upset over all this unnessary melodrama and just wanted to GO HOME) WHEN.........

We were told by the Judge that both sides "Have agreed to settle out of Court.":confused3
(now isn't that interesting, it took both sides dang near 7 years to be "Fair and impartial" to each other).:rolleyes:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm........:scratchin

Me?
Hey....I was just glad to get out of there!!

Soon, I was back home asap and enjoying some home cooked jambayala and just calling it a day with L.B. nearby chewing on her chew rag.
- (she is a great Assistant in the kitchen; always wanting to "help me") -:laughing:

BUT WAIT!!

WHAT ABOUT MY APPOINTMENT WITH 'MASSAGE ENVY'?
and Pappadeux Seafood Restaurant????popcorn::

No worries.

I have it all confirmed for Saturday February 23rd.
(for the Massage Envy Location in Garland, Texas)

AND -

as an extra bonus, I know we ALL have heard of the 'Epcot Food & Wine Festival' right??

Well,
I'd figure I would do something like that but at Scarborough Faire (Waxachie, Texas) as well as some much needed wine tasting (Grapevine, Texas).......all to go down in about 60 days.
- (Pics & Video I promise where I can) -

UP NEXT:
Kickin' it while at Massage Envy & just enjoying a relaxing day.:cloud9:

T.T.F.N.

www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2194872/postsCached[/url] - Similar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Feb 25, 2009 Russell Hoff bought his condo at Casa Blanca Condominiums in 2007 ... Hoff filed a lawsuit saying his problems started after his neighbor ... I'm not familiar with TX condo law, but in FL this guy would be going to jail. .... 2) Don't buy a condo, townhouse, duplex, or anything that's attached to another's home.

Really??? This was the case??

:faint:

Congrats on the lanyard and I definitely have massage envy.

And I hate how banks are so nice to us these days. It is universal. :sad:

Really??? This was the case??

:faint:

Congrats on the lanyard and I definitely have massage envy.

And I hate how banks are so nice to us these days. It is universal. :sad:

Psstt!!popcorn::
The bank tellers have put in their 'requests' and it's universal:

They all want Red Velvet cupcakes once I pay off my mortgage!!:lmao:
**** TOO FUNNY ****

and
YES- about the Jury Duty?? that's what the dispute was all about. And I tell ya what, if there is one thing I have recently learned about "Life 101" is that Life is wwaayy ttooooo short and what is More important is to celebrate your life in simple and meaningful ways.

Hence the reason why I am going on this adventure; to have fun but to also pause and reflect on just how much there is in life to be thankful for.
:goodvibes

Besides......
Now I have one more lanyard to put up on display in my downstairs bathroom.;)
SANFRAN-DEC2013012_zps370e77b7.jpg

(L to R): 1-DISneyland Dec 2014, 2-Rose Bowl, etc Dec 2103, 3-Hawaii 2011 & NYC 2012, 4-DCL 2012.
off camera is also a lanyard (w/pushback Disney pins) from WDW/DCL Jan 2009

ALLrightee - I am now off to see a good movie this weekend followed by dinner somewhere.......(haven't figures out where just yet)

T.T.F.N.:wave2:

........I just paid $40 towards my home mortgage............popcorn::

wait for it -

wait for it.........

NOW -

in coins...
and -
I made my payment using the bank's drive-thru!!:lmao:
(I am currently in the mood to "spring clean" my home and ran across all these coins).

Ah my bank must JuSt love me but hey......
I now stand at paying 18 months ahead on my home mortage!!:woohoo:
In essence, I am finding out that for every one dollar I prepay, I am 'receiving' $4 off my overall mortgage balance that is left to pay.
- (Basically, "pay $1, get $3 free" = $4 total off my mortgage balance) -

Hence the reason why I am really getting into this and looking at it as a game I want to play for the rest of this year.

ANYWHO -
Looking forward to next weekend.

P.S.
and yes,
lanyards are a fun way to collect memories about one's adventures.:goodvibes
(thanks 4 the compliment) -

T.T.F.N.:wave2:

rosebowl-dec13002_zps5d62e4e3.jpg
:goodvibes
(OK - I WILL ADMIT IT.....COOL PLACE!!)

SATURDAY
FEBR 23rd:drive:
COLD!!
High of only 53 degrees

Today started early for L.B. & I as we both headed out to Duckcreek park for an early morning jog. She is always the inquisitive type - always wanting to sniff everything but all was in good fun.

Before we both knew it, it was 9am and time for me to "go to work.";)
Ok, what I meant by that was, time for me to get ready for a fun day filled with fantastic little things to do..........

but..........

I had to 'fool' Ladybug into thinking that I was going to work!!

Yes, I will admit it, I had 'to go there" but ya know, she is soooooo used to me in that outfit that any other piece of clothing on me?........

SHE GOES NUTS!!:upsidedow

Soon, I was off in my car and off to the old Texas Stadium location for some good eatins:

I WASN'T DISAPPOINTED!!:thumbsup2
rosebowl-dec13006_zpsf1b35a83.jpg

(pic from inside the restaurant)

and the wine??
FANTABOLOUS!!

I even "did my homework" before hand & knew exactly what to order:
rosebowl-dec13021_zps6abbafa1.jpg

(a copy of their menu I got off of the internet)

and Andre (my Server) was very patient as I was thinking of what 2 order
(nice guy - never was 'in my way,' never made me feel rushed):thumbsup2:

ANYWHO -
(had me some Seaglass:drinking1
rosebowl-dec13009_zpsd4ed6de5.jpg

......that went well with........
rosebowl-dec13012_zps7aea5ac0.jpg

(Shrimp & Seafood FONDEUX......THIS 'MADE' MY DAY!! YUUMMYY!!!!!!

Now for the 'interesting part:laughing::

You know you are having toooooo much fun here;) when I am watchng my Napa Valley DVD on my portable dvd player (w/headphones) while I am partaking in all this wonerful food.:woohoo:

Soon, part two came -
rosebowl-dec13017_zps928a3b10.jpg

(Shrimp sandwhich and a cup of Gumbo)

Ok.....by now I was just lovin' it.

But.......now I just "had" to go there and switch DVDs and now watch my "Rose Bowl" dvd while chowing down on that sandwhich.

While I was 'grazing,';) I had fun also checking out the interior of the place:
rosebowl-dec13004_zpsc85bcdf7.jpg

and -

rosebowl-dec13003_zps4c6a5a13.jpg

All in all , A very nice place, wonderful food and a great atmosphere.:goodvibes

ANYWHO -

Soon, it was time for me to leave and onto unbeknownst to me, a journey into HE**.:furious:
AKA: 'Massage Envy' a business establishment where you can go for massage treatments.

(EDITOR'S NOTE): I am going to be kind here and respectful to all parties involved below but I do feel that I do need to blog about this).

UP NEXT:
(as the "Massage Envy' Customer Service/front desk Rep.........
Whom I have never met before........
as I have never been to ANY 'Massage Envy' location before either........

..... is looking me up and down as I JUST ENTERED THE 'MASSAGE ENVY' BUILDING FOR THE VERY 1st TIME & SAYS....)

****"SO, just what kind of 1920's music do YOU (as she is bobbing her neck sideways) listen to??"****

T.T.F.N.
(it's going to get interesting)popcorn::

Just catching up. WOW!!!! Great looking food. I love the shrimp and gumbo.

20's music? But it isn't 2020 yet......:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter