My first attempts at Selective Coloring... and now others' pics too!

Here is one I did a few days ago-

252020486_tBaw2-XL.jpg

I like this one...

fb39f391.jpg

And this one is funny because it looks like she has a dislocated arm and my sheet looks grey!!:rotfl: But it was her birthday and she had soooo much fun doing her own posing!!;) She keeps asking when we are gonna do it again!

7e31cb74.jpg

I usually try selective coloring on a couple of pictures from each batch I take.

(In regards to that picture of the old school house) Ok... my family is also from Kane Co. & DuPage Co., IL.. i think i have seen this school before, well at least pictures of it.

there have been a few requests lately looking for the info in this thread.

Mikeeee

I know it can be overdone, but I really like this effect. If I take pictures of my friends they always want me to do selective coloring. Still not great at it, though.

Here's one I did for a close friend's wedding. I' definitely an amateur photographer, but the film was really not my first choice, and my sturdy old camera really needed a cleaning.

mcwedding-small.jpg

I tried a few tonight. Just a quick selection and inverse then desaturate:
69240966-M.jpg

still struggling with these bronze statues and the midday shadows
but it does give a nice 1950's look:
69240949-M.jpg

there is a shadow tool in PS I must look into.

and some color for the selective color thread:
69240985-M.jpg

it seems I forgot one broomstick.

I have done some practice with layers in the past. Now I need to try the masking method.

Mikeeee

Ok, i can color one item in the picture.. but i can't figure out how to do more than 1 item in a picture... can someone help me? :rolleyes:

This is a great picture with or without the selective coloring! Where is it from?

But the selective coloring came out great!

Thank you...you made my day!
This is my hubby's cousin's bed & breakfast in Hamilton, Ohio. I went over one day and took pictures of models in wedding attire. He wants to advertise the B&B for small weddings/receptions. It was absolutely freezing that day (January 24th) and with the wind chill was below 0ºF. We were darn lucky to get any good ones outside. :)

Ok, i can color one item in the picture.. but i can't figure out how to do more than 1 item in a picture... can someone help me? :rolleyes:

I used the easy method. I selectd what colored objects I wanted, then inverted the selection and did a one click desaturation.

With photoshop there is an option to add to a selelction. So use you r favorite selecting tool, select all of one area then start on another.

another great ability in photoshop is being able to save a selection. Just like video games, save early and save often.

Mikeeee

minniecolorsmall.jpg

The original had much too much going on with the bright pink and purple gazebo.

Not Disney and I made the background sepia, but here's a couple I did from an Indy car race a couple of years ago.

IMG_0863b.jpg

IMG_0868c.jpg

I figured out how to do it. First i was only able to color 1 item in the picture, but now i can do anything in the picture. Thanks Mikeeee for all your help!!
:thumbsup2

Not Disney and I made the background sepia, but here's a couple I did from an Indy car race a couple of years ago.

IMG_0863b.jpg

IMG_0868c.jpg

These are cool! It makes the Pit-ed cars look kind-of like ghosts...

Mikeeee

Hey Mikeeee here is the result of one of my first tries! Its my friend and her daughter on her 3rd bday last week.

tintedaubriestandingcopy.jpg

Hey Mikeeee here is the result of one of my first tries! Its my friend and her daughter on her 3rd bday last week.

tintedaubriestandingcopy.jpg

Nice! I am always scared to try and do a selection of hair... Yours looks nice.

Mikeeee

Oh and nice exposure for a backlit situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter