My First Fondant

On my search for the Cinderella fondant cake I came across this old thread and thought it should be revived. I want to try the watermelon cake, it looks so cute! Was it hard?:confused3

Hi Dyan!

It wasn't hard at all! I used the 3D sports ball pan and 1 6" round. Tinted the batter with powdered, unsweetened kool aid, and the "seeds" are mini chocolate chips. Frost with white buttercream, and put the green fondant on top. I'm sure that were I to do it again, I could do a better job! The "stripes" were just light green sanding sugar. I brushed lines on the fondant with water and a pastry brush, and then sprinkled on the sugar!

Good luck! If you have any more questions, let me know! :)

Hi, I love the pics you posted. I would love to learn how to do fondant and flowers and stuff. What and where are the Wilton classes you talk about? Where could I go to learn something like that? Thanks for any suggestions!

Here is a picture:
100_3541.jpg

We always do homemade Bday cakes and my DD was axious to try fondant, so she made this for Grandmas 70th (she collects frogs)
Picture016.jpg

She made this cake for her father last year (not fondant)
000_0759.jpg

and this one she made me cause I am the green M&M chick:
MMBIRTHDAY.jpg

And this one I made her Nascar obsessed brother:
100_3574.jpg

And finally - this was the grooms cake(done by his cousin) at a wedding I attended (totally floored me, we dont do grooms cakes in NJ)
groom.jpg

Please please please post your chocolate or any other flavor fondant recipe - if you have one, we been trying to make/modify a vegan one :) but all will be welcome!

Oh and GREAT THREAD - keep the pictures coming. Love love love them. I want to try the watermellon one..... We love to eat our creations so I will pass on the styrofoam ones! heheh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter