My home town . . .

Okay, time to get this train back on track...

I grew up in San Jose, CA (I was actually born in Sacramento, but was only there a couple of years). This, of course was the San Jose before it became "Silicon Valley". And before anyone asks, yes, I "know the way to San Jose" (GOD I hate that song!).:crazy2:

Okay, time to get this train back on track...

I grew up in San Jose, CA (I was actually born in Sacramento, but was only there a couple of years). This, of course was the San Jose before it became "Silicon Valley". And before anyone asks, yes, I "know the way to San Jose" (GOD I hate that song!).:crazy2:

Hey it's better than - Do you know the way to Newark? ::yes::

I simply ment for you to look down.....

Sometimes the UPS man just rings the bell and leaves it on the stoop! :confused3

yeah... that's what I thought ...
right ... thanks ... I'll be doing that. :snooty:

Dried-up old dowager! :rolleyes:

Hey it's better than - Do you know the way to Newark? ::yes::

Ok, well, since you brought up Newark....

I was born in beautiful downtown Newark, NJ, and raised about a half hour north in the Borough of Westwood, "the Hub of the Pascack Valley." (The closest towns that you may have heard of are Hackensack and Paramus, the mall capital of the northeast). Westwood is about 10 miles northwest of the George Washington Bridge into NYC. As of the 2000 census, the population of Westwood was about 11,000 in 2.3 square mile area. It is approx 87% white (God, I love wikipedia...). When I was growing up, there were 7 Christian churches (including the Catholic church) in town, plus a temple. The good folks at wikipedia tell me that or registered voters, 57% are registered Republicans and 17% are registered Democrats.

Despite its proximity to NYC, it maintains a small town feel, especially among those who have been in town for a long time (meaning that everybody knows everybody else's business). I went to the Catholic grammar school that used to be in town, and graduated 8th grade with a class of 24. I attended a regional Catholic high school in another town, and graduated with a class of about 200 girls. "Gay" wasn't even a concept that I was familiar with growing up, and I had no vocabulary or frame of reference for any feelings that I may have had (but wasn't ready to acknowledge).

Westwood's biggest claim to fame is probably that is the birthplace of actor James Gandolfini.

Oh, and now I work in Newark, just a mile or so from the hospital where I was born.

I've never heard of Model UN until you guessed it. Sorry.

Really? Well I won't hold the misdirect against you then.

If you like debate you would have really enjoyed Model UN...I'm sorry you didn't have that option.

Yeah... I never got mine by the way Mike.:mad:

Hey, I never got one either!

Borough of Westwood, "the Hub of the Pascack Valley." (The closest towns that you may have heard of are Hackensack and Paramus, the mall capital of the northeast).

I lived near there for a couple of years--I've definitely been to both Hackensack and Paramus.

OK I'm from Charlotte NC AKA The Queen City. LOL CLT. is the largest city in the state of North Carolina. CLT. had at one time a huge Gay POP. And than the Concerned Charlotteans came. :scared1: A Christian group that hated all things Gay, Str8, or whatever If they Didn't like it, it was gone. Closed all but 3 gay bars in town, took out street side cafe tables because they felt dirt from passing cars would get into food.:sad2: These People made it hell to live here, so most of the gay pop moved to Atlanta. The ones that stayed teamed up with the Bank of America CEO Hugh McCall and the new mayor to fight and take back power.
15 years later Concerned Charlotteans have little to no power over the city.
The gay PoP is growing a new Transit System in place, street side tables are back, new bars are now open. All in all it's a great place to live.

Can I just say this post is 9 pages of pure delight. I chuckled all the way through....think about this Wally.. no matter how old you are, I am older. Does that make you feel better?? Hugs, hugs, hugs to my fellow Bostonian...

OK.. so I was born in Boston and lived on St. Botolph Street where my grandmother owned several townhouses.....this was before it became one of the in places to live...I grew up in Mattapan....part of Boston and probably have one of the worst Boston accents I have heard. I try to pronounce my r's, they just do not want to come... I have three daughters and raised them in a little sleepy town in Wakefield...where Tom and I bought our first house.. we had three houses in that town before we moved to Cape Cod after the kids were on their own..

Where do my children live... not in the sleepy little town.. they all live in Boston.. two in Charlestown, one in South Boston. We have an apartment in Dorchester, part of Boston, for when Tom is having treatment and then we are back on Cape Cod...

But if you ask me where I am from, it is always Boston.

Mike :rolleyes: no tokens any more. :rolleyes:
Charley cards.

I used to get a "T-pass"!

We cant even get light rail down here! People are still fighting over it, and the tracks are already down! All they have to do is build a few stations and buy some trains! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter