My Motto to the New Me :It's a new dawn. It's a new day. It's a new life!

bigsis1970

Thanksgiving,a Birthday & our Anniversary 2017!
Dang typed it all out then lost it.. UGH oh well here we go again..

Welcome and thanks for following along on what I am hoping is a successful journey!

HI I'm Michelle and I'm Overweight (maybe in obese according to the charts) I am 5 foot 1 inch tall and weight just over 180..

So onto my motto: It's a new dawn. It's a new day. It's a new life . I came to realize that this is it.. Time to wake up to a new dawn, a new day and new life! Just took me a little bit of time to get here... LOL

My story begins in 4/2010 when I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Well they immediately put me on meds and I thought ok good I'll be all set... only they never really did anything for me... my A1C started at 11.5 and went down to 8.1 then slowly but surely has now creeped back up to 9.1 .. so I am also giving myself a once a week shot of Bydureon that should be lowering it (I've taken 3 shots so far) but again I don't see a difference.. So that really kind of scared me so over the weekend I decided I am doing something about this and decided Atkins is for me... I have to cut the carbs cold turkey -- In the past I've done Weight Watchers and while I do stay in my points that includes bread pasta rice flour sugars all the stuff that makes my blood sugar go crazy -- so I put together a menu for the next 2 weeks when you have to be the strictest to shock your body back in to the fat burning mode..

I am aiming for between 20-25 carbs per day, mostly coming from veggies. I also am trying to drink 64 oz of pure water per day

So yesterday were Day 1 and I think it went good... I stuck to my menu plan and only ate what was on it - only tough part was cleaning up from dinner my Hubs had rice pilaf and I SOOOO wanted to lick the spoon clean but I did NOT.. Yay me for that small victory.. Drank 64 oz plain water, 10 oz with some SF Kool-Aid mixed in and 8 oz of cold brew ice tea... Weigh in was 181.9 for the official starting weight. Carbs today were 21.755

Today is Day 2 and so far so good... I do have a slight headache but was a coffee drinker so I might be having some withdrawals from that. I've only eaten what I packed my lunch box and will be on track for dinner - Hubs is having brisket which I don't like so there will be no temptation like last night. at this point pure water is 48 oz, 12 oz earl grey tea, 10 oz SF Kool-Aid. Weigh in this morning was 180.4 (1.5 lbs lost)... Carbs today are 23.255

Again so far so good.. I decided to not just have scrambled eggs, chicken topped salad, and some string cheese today ..

Breakfast - omelette made with diced onion, ham and some shredded cheddar cheese with a side of 1 slice of bacon.
Snack one - 5 green olives
Lunch - 1 cup lettuce mix with 3 cherry tomatoes, 2 T Newman's Caesar dressing, 3oz perdue chicken mixed with 1 T of homemade Miracle Whip, 2 romaine leaves to stand in as the bread for my chicken salad sandwich,
Snack two - Atkins Mocha shake
Dinner - Leftover roasted chicken and broccoli cooke with saute express
Weigh in this morning 178.7 (3.2 lbs lost).. Carbs 22.054 .. water intake 64oz plain water 16 oz earl grey tea, 12oz SF ice tea.

Good Morning friends.. today started a bit rough.. The shower head cracked my head a good one in the shower this morning when it fell on me..:scared: OUCH.. but anyway..

Breakfast - omelette made with diced onion, ham and some shredded cheddar cheese with 2 slices of bacon.
Snack one - String cheese
Lunch - 1 cup lettuce mix with 3 cherry tomatoes and some leftover roasted chicken and 2 TB shredded parm cheese, 2 T Newman's Caesar dressing and 2 stalks of celery
Snack two - Atkins Mocha shake
Dinner - Gorton's Grilled Garlic Butter fish by the way this fish is GROSS! , 1/2c green beans and 3 tomatoes.

Weigh in this morning 178.1 (3.8 lbs lost).. Carbs 22.152 .. water intake 64oz plain water 20 oz earl grey tea, 10oz SF Orange Koolaid.

Well it's now day 29 or the beginning of week 5 and I am doing great still.. I have recently been able to add in dairy.. I don't like that much dairy but I do like the Dannon light and fit carb control yogurt and 4oz is the perfect size for me.. I also like Bryers low carb ice cream.. but that is about all I added in this section.. my blood sugar has been averaging about 130ish.. altho I've had a few days under 100!! mostly on the weekends when I tend to sleep longer and take my sugar later in the AM vs on a work day.. I've lost 17.1 lbs to date -- another 1.1 and I'll have lost 10% ! I am amazed that really it's not been soo hard, sure I miss bread, pasta and rice sometimes but it's more like a passing thought and not a craving.. I am finding it hard to get all my water in on the weekend.. working on that now.. I've not added in any excersize yet either - i'll have to work on that too - big snow storm heading my way tomorrow into wed maybe I'll do some shoveling.. in general i feel GREAT.. sleep better, no indergestion, no more headaches, and my clothes feel better... I'll try to be back sooner then 3 weeks !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter