My NEW Fold and Go Wheelchair is the best investment that I have ever made. Great at Disney and eve

Thank you so much! I ended up settling for the turquoise! It was between turquoise and slate. I barley got it in using a blanket to help slide it in. It was still a difficult task for myself to complete. Since it’s just my 10 year old and myself traveling, I will be the only one able to lift it 😅

There are 2 videos about halfway down this page that show techniques for lifting the chair into the back of a vehicle. I don't know if it will help in your situation, but I wanted to make sure you had a chance to view them :)

Okay, another weird question. For those of you who have Magshocks, can ya’ll measure how thick the side bar circled is?A3880821-6B06-4181-974F-0A789CD178DE.jpeg

I don't have a measuring device handy (and I can't get to one right now) but looking at my chair, it's the same "oval" shaped tubing that the rest of the frame is made of, if that makes sense? It looks identical to the frame that goes around the back of the seat; they used that magnesium oval tubing a *lot*.

I did find this image on their website (all of the measurements are in inches) which does not answer your question, but might be helpful for you in the future:

MagSHOCK_SideView_SPECS_Logo2.jpg

There are 2 videos about halfway down this page that show techniques for lifting the chair into the back of a vehicle. I don't know if it will help in your situation, but I wanted to make sure you had a chance to view them :)
Thank you very much!

I saw on Facebook today that Fold & Go will be in Orlando at an event on Memorial Day weekend. Good opportunity for anyone in the area to test drive their chairs.

The 24th Annual Family Cafe
May 27-29, 2022
Hyatt Regency Orlando

They will have both the MagSHOCK and Neudol models available for test drives.

The Neudol is their latest model announced in March:
I see that Fold & Go has a new model, the Neudol. It's designed for smaller sized people - children, teens, Little People (dwarfism), and small adults. Up to 5 feet tall and up to 150 pounds. The seat height adjusts electronically from 15 to 20 inches.

Registration for the event is free for people with disabilities and their families/caregivers.

Is there a floor plan for all the exhibition booths?

Last edited:
Question for y'all with Magshocks.

Does yours bog down a bit when it gets in taller grass (about 4")? I'm assuming it's normal because of physics, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks! 😊

Question for y'all with Magshocks.

Does yours bog down a bit when it gets in taller grass (about 4")? I'm assuming it's normal because of physics, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks! 😊

I have never really gotten into any taller grass, but I could see where tall grass might cause a problem. It may be more likely a *traction* problem than getting "bogged down" unless the ground is wet and muddy as well.

Guys, can someone please tell me the EXACT WEIGHT of the Magshock? I thought it was 50 pounds but I checked online and now it says 60? Idk what to do

Guys, can someone please tell me the EXACT WEIGHT of the Magshock? I thought it was 50 pounds but I checked online and now it says 60? Idk what to do

Wait. What?

For years, it's been listed as 50 pounds?

I... What?

Did something change about the chair? Or the way that they measured the actual weight of the components?

I can't lift mine long enough to stand on the scale with it, and then without it (to just subtract the weight difference) but ironically enough, my family has always sworn up and down that it weighs more than 50 pounds when loading/unloading it.

I have questions now.

(also, my chair is not behaving itself, and I'm not happy about that, either, but that's another topic for another day)

Dang.

Yeah, I think that when the Magshock was first released, it said that it was 50 lbs. (the same weight as their OG Models), but in the last couple of weeks, it changed to 60.

I called Fold & Go and Amy told me they have made no changes to the frame since the original MagSHOCK model (which I have) but they did add brackets in case someone wants to add elevating leg lifts to their chair. These brackets account for the additional 10 pounds.

I have a digital heavy duty scale (bathroom scale style). I originally posted that I couldn't get a weight on my MagSHOCK due to the unwieldy nature of me trying to hold it and stand on the scale at the same time. However, I finally realized I could fold it and lay it on the scale on its side.

My scale says the weight of my chair is 63.8 pounds. I have a small (empty) tote bag hanging on the chair but it can't weigh more than a pound or two at most.

Amy told me they weigh their chairs using a warehouse scale where the chair hangs down from the scale, giving them the most accurate weight. So it's possible my scale is not that accurate (although I find my scale closely matches the weight taken at my doctor's office).

In any case, the additional weight is due to the brackets they added to the chair since its original design.

FYI, the OG model prior to the MagSHOCK was listed as 55 pounds. Ray mentioned it in the first post on page 1. Here I was all excited about the "new and improved" model being lighter than the original.

Last edited:
I called Fold & Go and Amy told me they have made no changes to the frame since the original MagSHOCK model (which I have) but they did add brackets in case someone wants to add elevating leg lifts to their chair. These brackets account for the additional 10 pounds.

I have a digital heavy duty scale (bathroom scale style). I originally posted that I couldn't get a weight on my MagSHOCK due to the unwieldy nature of me trying to hold it and stand on the scale at the same time. However, I finally realized I could fold it and lay it on the scale on its side.

My scale says the weight of my chair is 63.8 pounds. I have a small (empty) tote bag hanging on the chair but it can't weigh more than a pound or two at most.

Amy told me they weigh their chairs using a warehouse scale where the chair hangs down from the scale, giving them the most accurate weight. So it's possible my scale is not that accurate (although I find my scale closely matches the weight taken at my doctor's office).

In any case, the additional weight is due to the brackets they added to the chair since its original design.

FYI, the OG model prior to the MagSHOCK was listed as 55 pounds. Ray mentioned it in the first post on page 1. Here I was all excited about the "new and improved" model being lighter than the original.

Thank you for calling! I was going to try to do that on Thursday.

I can't imagine that those brackets are adding 10 pounds.

Maybe I am wrong, but my hubby does metalworking and welding and stuff for a hobby (after working on aluminum aircraft all day LOL) and he was shocked that they claimed there was an additional 10 pounds due to the addition of those brackets.

We are wondering if they had to changed suppliers on the metal tubing they use for their frames, or if it has something to do with a lawsuit or legal settlement that requires them to weigh the chair with *all* accessories or something like that.

Regardless, if our Magshocks really do weigh 60 pounds (and I consider @bluecruiser to be a reputable source) then it kinda feels like we were not told the truth when we all purchased ours, believing that we were getting a 50 pound chair.

It leaves a bad taste in my mouth, to be sure.

Yo guys, I might’ve figured it out.

first off, the reason why they need you to send back your chair to install the elevating legrests (and why people who need that feature from the get-go order it with their chair) is that the caster fork housing is TOTALLY DIFFERENT to allow for the attachment of the legrest posts.071596E5-7C88-4EF4-8E38-719F6769F4EF.jpeg

The legrest posts ain’t little short things either, they are about the length of the kind you see on manual chairs.
81734782-E3B1-4178-BB6B-98CF9A01F4B9.jpeg

After the modified caster housings are on, the posts slide into place.
32A92C5C-7B91-462A-B504-9B3B17C52EB8.jpeg

And the legrests are substantial too, as they have calf supports too and can elevate if needed.2CD495FF-AE1F-4FDE-B953-5901E75E0BCA.jpeg

The only caveat is that every single time that the chair needs to be folded, you have to remove the legrests (they swing away and then you lift em off the posts, which can remain attached). also kind of a niche accessory, so people who really need an elevating legrest(s) will get them, and those who can stick with a non-elevating legrest platform won’t have the modified caster housing and posts attached to their chair.

Hey guys, got a weird request/question.

1. Does the backrest cushion have a flap that flips up?

2. If so, can someone please take a picture of what it looks like?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter