My waitlist has vanished, but booking not made?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
So I've just been in to check my account and noticed my waitlist has vanished from my Dashboard, but it hasn't been replaced by a booking.
Availability still looks full.
The waitlist wasn't due to expire - any ideas?
Do I need to reinstate it?

Last edited:
Congratulations, it means your waitlist matched! Call MS to finalize it!

Congratulations, it means your waitlist matched! Call MS to finalize it!
Woohoo, it has!
I should have been celebrating, not panicking! :rotfl:
Thanks for the advice, newbie to waitlisting here!

Does one need to contact ms to finalize or will it eventually show on the dashboard?

Does one need to contact ms to finalize or will it eventually show on the dashboard?
I’ve since read that eventually it should get finalised, but most people (like me!) don’t have the patience to wait it out (someone actually waited 3 weeks before giving in and calling as it still hadn’t been finalised!!)

Mine was matched yesterday too. I called to have them book. I’ve waited a week before and not had it done- so now I just call as soon as I see it disappear.

ME routinely works waitlist matches according to arrival date. If your arrival is months away, it will usually take a while before you see the new reservation appear. When you call, the CM will just complete the process for you while you wait, but there's no actual need to call. It will get done whether you call or not.

ME routinely works waitlist matches according to arrival date. If your arrival is months away, it will usually take a while before you see the new reservation appear. When you call, the CM will just complete the process for you while you wait, but there's no actual need to call. It will get done whether you call or not.

I've always been nervous and called once I've seen the WL appear. This is because I was putting together a reservation during a high demand time <6 mo out and doing it day by day, and then I had to let another reservation go, make sure they used points from the right contract, etc. I've also read a few (not many, admittedly) horror stories where they used the wrong points or canceled the wrong reservation, etc. that I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Better to call if waiting will make you crazy, LOL. (We've owned since 1998, so not much stresses me out anymore. You'll get to that place, too). :teeth:

Thank you for the responses! My trip is months away but I'll go ahead and call just to be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter