MyPoints Amtrak Email is a GREAT Deal!

I'm sure we'll get it. A few days ago I did a tupperware, got the "overnight" popup, but it took a couple days for them to kick in. I'm sure we'll get those wonderful points.
And I bet Amtrak site will be back up. I've had the oracle error before - it's probably just jammed with all those folks trying to get points.

I have looked all over MyPoints today and can't find the offer anywhere!!!!

It's still there. Just go to mypoints, earn, travel. I saw it there just a minute ago. You might have to refresh your page or something, but it's still there. Some folks were getting an error going to the amtrak site though.
Good luck!

:mad: No points credited to anyone in our house either. DH got the email & did his that way. None of us show any of the points we should have received today from emails as well as this Amtrak offer. Hope they show up.

I just did this deal and didn't even get the blue pop up screen...did I do something wrong or will the points post in 7-10 days??

I got the email this morning and did the offer. I used code H304 for the 25% off instead of the California code for 50% off (it was a matter of only a few ¢'s). The H304 code was the code offered in the MyPoints email (if that makes a difference).

I got a blue popup for the rewards program registration (50 points) and then another blue popup for the ticket purchase (2450 points). Both said that the points would be awarded overnight. I hope they show up tomorrow. I also got the usual popup for 5 points for reading the email.

I also got my Feb. newsletter (5 points for reading and clicking on any of the offers listed) and did the Tupperware offer from it for another 800 points. That was an easy and painless way to make 3310 points! Looks like I'll be cashing in for another webbie soon!

and I didn't have any problem - received all the appropriate pop up boxes from my points. 5 for reading the message, registered with rewards, got the popup box (i think for 50). I then booked a ticket using some local stations here in MI and the code in the email H304, buying a ticket for $3. I immediately received the popup for the 2450 indicating points will be posted overnight.
So, I'll see if the points appear tomorrow! Yipee!!!! The popup boxes did seem to take a little longer loading today on my dialup...

Do you have to give them your credit card information to pay for the ticket, or are you just reserving a seat and wouldn't have to pay for it until you pick the ticket up?

Thanks.

in my case, it was a prepaid ticket that would be mailed to me - so I used my credit card for $3.00 purchase...

Well, if I have a problem, I will just send them the confirmation email I received...so strange that I didn't get any pop up boxes...??

Thanks everyone!

I checked early this morning, no points.
But they're there now!! Woohoo!!:Pinkbounc

was there an expiration date for the bonus points? I don't have my cc with me today...:(

March 14 is the expiration date of this promo.

Someone on another board just reported that the cheapest fare out there on Amtrak is Orlando to Kissimmee -- $1!

I haven't confirmed that. I assume that's with the discount code for 25% off, but not sure.

Kind of perfect for a Disney Rewards board, huh? :)

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I tried to ORL to KIS ticket and the cheapest I could come up with was around $4.50. There are no unreserved tickets available, for any days I try. Guess I'll try something else....

All 3 of us in my family got our points today! Guess there will be a lot of cash-outs in MyPoints! :teeth:

Thanks for the great tip! I probably wouldn't have tried this because I would have expected Amtrak prices to be much higher. I guess Amtrak is selling a lot of those low price tickets! :cool:

I would have NEVER found this on my own! WooooooHooooo!

Jennifer

Has anyone tried to do this twice? Once through the e-mail and one through the Mypoints website?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter