Name a book you have read more than once

All of James Herriot's books - I call it "The All Creatures Great and Small" series. I reread them every year and so many of the stories STILL make me laugh out loud or cry. He was simply an amazing author.

Those are going in my Nook just as soon as I sign off here. I'm such an avid reader, but have somehow never read Herriot. Coincidentally, a dear friend recently told me that "All Creatures Great and Small" changed his life.

More than once? I'd guess about 150 titles.
The Stand - 8 times.
Clan of the Cave Bear - 6 times
I have read the entire "Burke" series of 18 novels three times.
I have read all the Bond novels at least three times.

As a child I read the entire 21 "Famous Five" series at least 10 times each. I now have first editions of all 21.

All of the Outlander books by Diana Gabaldon, in fact several times.

Another favorite is Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier.

Many, but by far, the book I've read the most times is The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco. Huckleberry Finn is second. And all of the Flavia De Luce, Agent Pendergast, Harry Bosch, Longmire, Tony Hillerman, and Kay Scarpetta series books are right up at the top too.

Hitchhikers Guide to Galaxy Books all of them
Catcher in the Rye
Outlaws of the Marsh/Water Margins (Same original book) different translations
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Confederacy of Dunces
Some Harry Potters not all
Bible
Ready Player One
Master and the Margarita
Barchester Towers
Some Vonnegutt (Breakfast.. Cats Craddlle some others)
Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde or whatever the title
Some Sherlock Holmes
Some Twain

Last edited:
*Gone with the Wind
*To Kill a Mockingbird
*Anything by Jane Austen. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite./
*Daphne du Maurier novels, especially Rebecca and My Cousin Rachel
*Jane Eyre
*The Great Gatsby
*Anything by James Herriot
*The Picture of Dorian Gray

The Mirror by Marlys Milheiser. It’s a time travel story where the main character goes back in time to live her grandmothers life.

All of James Herriot's books - I call it "The All Creatures Great and Small" series. I reread them every year and so many of the stories STILL make me laugh out loud or cry. He was simply an amazing author.

Yep, these are the books I was going to mention. Just going through them again now, after watching the new series on PBS.

The Stephanie Plum books are hilarious, such a shame they cast Katherine Heigl (who I like) in the movie, what a ghastly casting error with her trying to pull off a Jersey Girl attitude and accent.... lost all the characters charm.

Hope it gets a do-over, always picture the girl who played Sharona on Monk, Bitty Schram, when I read. They missed a hit with bad casting, wish studios would just hire people from the place for an accent like they did on Suits.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter