Napa Rose Chef’s Counter - Here’s How to Book It

I was worried as well when they did not call me back within a few hours but all hope is not lost, they called me back the next day or so! I also sent an email because this was the one thing we REALLY wanted to do to celebrate our son's 18th birthday!
Interesting, I was thinking everyone that was calling in yesterday during their open hours might be booking up the reservations before they finished going through the voicemails from the night before...

Still crossing my fingers. It's such a stressful system they have, I feel bad just calling 1000 times by hanging up and redialing, but they don't have a good system. They really need a dedicated reservation line and/or a hold system.

Interesting, I was thinking everyone that was calling in yesterday during their open hours might be booking up the reservations before they finished going through the voicemails from the night before...

Still crossing my fingers. It's such a stressful system they have, I feel bad just calling 1000 times by hanging up and redialing, but they don't have a good system. They really need a dedicated reservation line and/or a hold system.

Yeah, their reservation system could definitely be better!

DANG! Entirely booked for Oct 13th and 14th! I called NINE minutes after midnight and that must have been too long... or they did slide some reservations in yesterday afternoon...

Guess I'm going to plan the game of calling 1000 times today to see if October 6th might have a single opening and I'll shuffle my Halloween event plans around... and at a minimum get added to the wait lists for the 13/14.

It feels like demand is WAY up for this in the last couple years. I used to be able to get through on the phone at least during business hours but the last two years I've tried I haven't even been able to get someone to pick up the phone.

Holy cow, my moping around worked and they had a spot for Wed Oct 11th which I snagged! That totally messes up all my other plans for the trip... like not an insignificant re-shuffle will have to happen... but I GOT IT. Plus wait listed for the other days which would make my life so much easier!

Honestly I was shocked when they answered the phone, I was starting to think it just wasn't answered during nightly business hours any more, lol

Thanks for all the useful tips on here!

Does anyone have experience with booking via email only? We are from the UK and I was just a little worried about getting a return call.

We secured the Chef's Counter (pastry counter seating for 4) for December 2nd!
We called at 11:59:45pm 9/30 and got through at12:01am on 10/1 after a couple of "were sorry the line is busy" panics. We'd not heard anything as of today so I decided to call to see what was going on. The person with whom I spoke was very nice but told me that they were full that evening. I calmly explained what time we called to assure them that we weren't making it up, and thought wow, someone else got in faster than us this time, good for them...She then told me that they didn't have a record of our call. I remained calm and assured her we did call the correct number and I left a voicemail between 12:01 and 12:02am. A few minutes after hanging up in disappointment we got a call back to say they found us and still had our seats reserved and we were in! Apparently the person pulling the names and numbers off the voice mail wrote down the wrong number for us and they had no way of reaching us. They'd saved the reservation for us incase we called in!
We've done the counter many times over the years but had not done the dessert/pastry chef 4 top side. They assured us that it was equally awesome.
I knew Candlelight weekend and the ASHP Pharmacy meeting were going to make this opportunity more difficult, but this added a new challenge to the endeavor.
Mike

We've done the counter many times over the years but had not done the dessert/pastry chef 4 top side. They assured us that it was equally awesome.

We sat at those exact 4 seats when we went in July and it was awesome! Chef Sutton popped in and he spent quite a while chatting with us. Not as good a view of the kitchen as from other seats but good enough.

We sat at those exact 4 seats when we went in July and it was awesome! Chef Sutton popped in and he spent quite a while chatting with us. Not as good a view of the kitchen as from other seats but good enough.
Thank you for the mini review of the location! We are excited to get in on such a busy weekend. We had Chef Sutton cook for us many years ago at the counter before he was promoted to Culinary Director of all signatures. It was a fantastic evening.

CHEF ANDREW SUTTON is cooking for me tonight!!

I’ve been here two other times and this is a first! My goodness he’s awesome. Chatting a bunch, explaining the flow of the kitchen… very very cool and I’ve done this before!

He does move a lot slower and is more focused on a few things… but I think he’s earned that luxury ;)

OMG I want to do it again! Chef Sutton was amazing! He prepared a bunch of dishes for me and talked a bunch and answered all my questions. After things wound down a little I started chatting up chef (she insists she’s just a cook) Kai who was on hot appetizers and she was equally as pleasant and has an absolutely fierce drive and passion for what she does! She was beating herself up for a slightly “off” night and I don’t think a single dish she put out came back as unacceptable by the expediter.

Absolutely amazing food as always. In fact, I think it was a step above because of what Sutton prepared for me. I ultimately requested a second dessert that was complete opposite my first dessert and it was equally wonderful and completely different (as expected).

Walked away just over $300 with the chefs counter and wine pairing and a cocktail. A significant amount of alcohol that I am certainly feeling. It’s such a wonderful experience I’m actively trying to get a seat tomorrow (Thur) or Friday or Saturday. I’m actually willing to cancel my Thursday Halloween plans to be able to do this again, so if anyone has a reservation that they’re going to cancel, let me know! Lol

As always, wonderful. Four hours of great food and great show. One year I’m going to fail to get reservations and I don’t know what I’m going to do that year…

OMG I want to do it again! Chef Sutton was amazing! He prepared a bunch of dishes for me and talked a bunch and answered all my questions. After things wound down a little I started chatting up chef (she insists she’s just a cook) Kai who was on hot appetizers and she was equally as pleasant and has an absolutely fierce drive and passion for what she does! She was beating herself up for a slightly “off” night and I don’t think a single dish she put out came back as unacceptable by the expediter.

Absolutely amazing food as always. In fact, I think it was a step above because of what Sutton prepared for me. I ultimately requested a second dessert that was complete opposite my first dessert and it was equally wonderful and completely different (as expected).

Walked away just over $300 with the chefs counter and wine pairing and a cocktail. A significant amount of alcohol that I am certainly feeling. It’s such a wonderful experience I’m actively trying to get a seat tomorrow (Thur) or Friday or Saturday. I’m actually willing to cancel my Thursday Halloween plans to be able to do this again, so if anyone has a reservation that they’re going to cancel, let me know! Lol

As always, wonderful. Four hours of great food and great show. One year I’m going to fail to get reservations and I don’t know what I’m going to do that year…
Wow!! What fun!! I just wanted to let you know that I loved reading about your experience and found it delightful to see how your enthusiasm just beamed out of the post. I have only done this once, years ago, and can't really justify the cost for myself since it's way, way more food than I can eat and the cost is...painful.

I also once did a special NR dinner with wine pairing that was probably better for someone like me. It was many moons ago but my, what fun!! I'll have to dig back and see if I can find some pics. It's very funny how different we look in the beginning. Suffice it to say that they weren't sparing in the amount of wine.

Thanks for sharing!! Love it.

Wow!! What fun!! I just wanted to let you know that I loved reading about your experience and found it delightful to see how your enthusiasm just beamed out of the post. I have only done this once, years ago, and can't really justify the cost for myself since it's way, way more food than I can eat and the cost is...painful.

I also once did a special NR dinner with wine pairing that was probably better for someone like me. It was many moons ago but my, what fun!! I'll have to dig back and see if I can find some pics. It's very funny how different we look in the beginning. Suffice it to say that they weren't sparing in the amount of wine.

Thanks for sharing!! Love it.
I am not prepared for that amount of alcohol. I only selected the wine paring to go with the experience. It was wonderful and my server was very knowledgeable on the wine, and Chef Sutton got in on the mix and consulted with him what type of wine might go best, but personally I don’t think it is a make it or break it type thing and easily can save $90.

That cocktail was fantastic, but again could probably have been skipped. Those two things likely could have saved $100 or so.

I have pictures of every course, but one thing I’m extremely sad about is that they don’t appear to print the customized menus any more. That was amazing to me and gave me an opportunity to remember what the course was and match it with a picture… now I have zero idea what each was.

Otherwise wonderful wonderful night, like usual. Unfortunate my friend had to fly out tonight and couldn’t do dinner, there was at least one extra seat but I think actually three… but even doing it solo was perfect.

It’s also always amazing what they can do since I’m a vegetarian. 100% I feel like I get just as good food and maybe more unique compared to standard menu items.

3F734911-7C6B-4007-A00A-6F54F54E5EAD.jpeg

Making something delicious for me….

Anyone want to cancel tomorrow night or Saturday night so I can go again, lol

Hey there all, I just wanted to make this post to detail some things regarding the current procedure for getting a booking for the Chef’s Counter experience at Napa Rose - I think all this info should be in one place for those interested in booking it, so you don’t have to search in multiple places to piece it all together. I just got my booking for September yesterday (Yay!) so I can at least confirm this is a viable way to go about this.

What is the Chef’s Counter?
Based on my understanding, it is a unique 6-7 course meal at the Napa Rose restaurant, where each course is chosen for you by the chef. Your party will be taken into the restaurant and seated at a counter which faces the kitchen, with different counters offering different views of the kitchen at work. The chef will come and speak with your party, they will take into account your preferences and dislikes, how adventurous of an eater you are, and what food is fresh and local, and will then create a unique dinner experience for each person. Even among the same party, you all will have a different menu by the end. Sometimes you will get something from the main menu, sometimes you will get something totally new, but the goal is that you will experience something special with each course. If you want to eat something specific, they usually are willing to do so. They also are able to accommodate a wide range of dietary restrictions, as with most of the Disney resort, but I did not have any myself so I would recommend calling and asking them if you have specific questions about what they can and cannot accommodate.

Is this the Vintner’s Table?
No, that’s something else offered for anyone sitting in the main restaurant, though it is similar in that it is a fixed price and focuses on in-season produce. If you can’t get a seat at the chefs counter, I imagine that would be a pretty good experience as well.

How often do they seat people for this?
As of right now (July 2022) they are currently only offering the Chefs counter on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and each night only has 1 set of seatings for the 12 seats they have available in the restaurant. There are 3 tables total with 4 seats each, 2 facing the main kitchen and 1 facing the dessert prep area. If they have the seats available when you book, you can apparently request a particular counter should you prefer to sit somewhere specific.
When you book the experience, they ask when you would like to be seated, and you can pick any time between 5:30 and 7:00. The meal is supposed to be fairly leisurely, since there is only 1 seating per night, and I have heard it can take a few hours to finish. It’s all about enjoying the food!

What is the cost?
Currently (and price is always subject to change) the cost for this is a set $150.00 per person, which to my knowledge doesn’t account for any alcoholic drinks. They also offer wine pairings with each course for an additional $90.00 (I believe this is correct, but take it with a grain of salt since I wasn’t interested in this addition.)

How do I book it?
The trickiest part! Bookings for the Chefs counter open up on the 1st of the month 2 months prior. So, the September bookings for the entire month open up on July 1st, all October bookings will open on August 1st, etc. These bookings are not done through the Disney dining app/website, you have to call into the restaurant directly. The number I used was:
(714) 300-7170
But when to call?? When the restaurant opens for the day? That morning at 6:00 when most dining opens up?

Midnight.
I called and asked the rep at Napa rose a few days beforehand and asked this question, and they let me know that most people call into the restaurant at the stroke of midnight, and leave a message to be returned when the phones are answered the next day. They didn’t necessarily recommend I do this, but it did seem to be the way things work as of right now. So, that’s what I did, I called at 12:00 midnight and the next day, I did eventually receive a call back and was able to book it. I would recommend for anyone looking to do this, leave a short and sweet message. Get it in quickly, since apparently they get a LOT of messages on the 1st of the month, and they go by order received. But be nice to them too, I can’t imagine it’s fun to deal with sifting through all those voicemails!

What do I do if it’s past the 1st?
Call and see if the Chefs Counter is still available anyways! While it is a limited seating option, there’s always a chance they have availability. And if they don’t, I believe there is a waitlist you can be placed on in case availability pops up.

Do they require a deposit or credit card on file?
I was not asked for one, no. However, they did ask that if my plans changed, to call and let them know ASAP.

I think that covers some of the more important aspects of booking this experience and some questions I scrounged up answers to. Happy to update this when I have actually participated and can speak to it a bit more. If I didn’t answer something or if someone notices I got a detail wrong, please feel free to point it out. Hope this helps anyone moving forward!
Hey there all, I just wanted to make this post to detail some things regarding the current procedure for getting a booking for the Chef’s Counter experience at Napa Rose - I think all this info should be in one place for those interested in booking it, so you don’t have to search in multiple places to piece it all together. I just got my booking for September yesterday (Yay!) so I can at least confirm this is a viable way to go about this.

What is the Chef’s Counter?
Based on my understanding, it is a unique 6-7 course meal at the Napa Rose restaurant, where each course is chosen for you by the chef. Your party will be taken into the restaurant and seated at a counter which faces the kitchen, with different counters offering different views of the kitchen at work. The chef will come and speak with your party, they will take into account your preferences and dislikes, how adventurous of an eater you are, and what food is fresh and local, and will then create a unique dinner experience for each person. Even among the same party, you all will have a different menu by the end. Sometimes you will get something from the main menu, sometimes you will get something totally new, but the goal is that you will experience something special with each course. If you want to eat something specific, they usually are willing to do so. They also are able to accommodate a wide range of dietary restrictions, as with most of the Disney resort, but I did not have any myself so I would recommend calling and asking them if you have specific questions about what they can and cannot accommodate.

Is this the Vintner’s Table?
No, that’s something else offered for anyone sitting in the main restaurant, though it is similar in that it is a fixed price and focuses on in-season produce. If you can’t get a seat at the chefs counter, I imagine that would be a pretty good experience as well.

How often do they seat people for this?
As of right now (July 2022) they are currently only offering the Chefs counter on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and each night only has 1 set of seatings for the 12 seats they have available in the restaurant. There are 3 tables total with 4 seats each, 2 facing the main kitchen and 1 facing the dessert prep area. If they have the seats available when you book, you can apparently request a particular counter should you prefer to sit somewhere specific.
When you book the experience, they ask when you would like to be seated, and you can pick any time between 5:30 and 7:00. The meal is supposed to be fairly leisurely, since there is only 1 seating per night, and I have heard it can take a few hours to finish. It’s all about enjoying the food!

What is the cost?
Currently (and price is always subject to change) the cost for this is a set $150.00 per person, which to my knowledge doesn’t account for any alcoholic drinks. They also offer wine pairings with each course for an additional $90.00 (I believe this is correct, but take it with a grain of salt since I wasn’t interested in this addition.)

How do I book it?
The trickiest part! Bookings for the Chefs counter open up on the 1st of the month 2 months prior. So, the September bookings for the entire month open up on July 1st, all October bookings will open on August 1st, etc. These bookings are not done through the Disney dining app/website, you have to call into the restaurant directly. The number I used was:
(714) 300-7170
But when to call?? When the restaurant opens for the day? That morning at 6:00 when most dining opens up?

Midnight.
I called and asked the rep at Napa rose a few days beforehand and asked this question, and they let me know that most people call into the restaurant at the stroke of midnight, and leave a message to be returned when the phones are answered the next day. They didn’t necessarily recommend I do this, but it did seem to be the way things work as of right now. So, that’s what I did, I called at 12:00 midnight and the next day, I did eventually receive a call back and was able to book it. I would recommend for anyone looking to do this, leave a short and sweet message. Get it in quickly, since apparently they get a LOT of messages on the 1st of the month, and they go by order received. But be nice to them too, I can’t imagine it’s fun to deal with sifting through all those voicemails!

What do I do if it’s past the 1st?
Call and see if the Chefs Counter is still available anyways! While it is a limited seating option, there’s always a chance they have availability. And if they don’t, I believe there is a waitlist you can be placed on in case availability pops up.

Do they require a deposit or credit card on file?
I was not asked for one, no. However, they did ask that if my plans changed, to call and let them know ASAP.

I think that covers some of the more important aspects of booking this experience and some questions I scrounged up answers to. Happy to update this when I have actually participated and can speak to it a bit more. If I didn’t answer something or if someone notices I got a detail wrong, please feel free to point it out. Hope this helps anyone moving forward!
This worked for me, thank you!

I am so addicted and it’s not looking good for me on any last minute cancellations to sneak in a second visit this trip. Do they have a support group for the withdrawals that the chefs counter creates?

Should I just stand outside the restaurant longingly looking in? I thought I might have luck being an odd party if just one… but so far no dice and I’ve only got tonight and tomorrow to play with 😭

I am so addicted and it’s not looking good for me on any last minute cancellations to sneak in a second visit this trip. Do they have a support group for the withdrawals that the chefs counter creates?

Should I just stand outside the restaurant longingly looking in? I thought I might have luck being an odd party if just one… but so far no dice and I’ve only got tonight and tomorrow to play with 😭
I think your best bet is probably diligence, which you've already figured out. The puppy-dog look can't hurt.

I think your best bet is probably diligence, which you've already figured out. The puppy-dog look can't hurt.
I’ve had plenty of good food, but it’s just so rare as a vegetarian to have a whole dinner that is just amazing and unique. As an adult without kids, Disney is more and more these side extras that round everything out. Napa Rose Chef’s Counter, Trader Sam’s to get a nice drink and new tiki mug, dessert party to relax while watching a parade, Carthay Circle for an amazing cocktail (or two) and people watch.

I still enjoy the attractions, especially if I’ve been lucky enough to drag a friend with me, but on my solo days I almost look forward to those other things just as much as being inside the park.

Hi Andrew, What a great time. Chef Sutton is awesome. We ran into him doing a restaurant inspection tour at CC a few years ago long after he cooked for us. We stopped him, Chef Alex (CC) and there, at the time, boss Elliot Mills for a picture. I think they were genuinely shocked that they were recognized, but super accommodating and engaging. Made our trip! I hope for DLR royalty on our next trip in December.

Funny, we could run over a Hollywood star and not know who they were, but stop in our tracks, get fan-boy star struck by Disney legends and key Cast members.

Are you kidding me?! They’re *OVER* booked tonight. OVER… more than 12… some may think that’s extra bad news for me trying to squeeze something in… but I look at that as new fuel to be persistent! Somehow they booked a party of six and than a couple other parties and got extra special approval for it… I’m just a little party of one, that would be more than happy to start my meal as late as possible to stagger their work…

How many times do I politely “bug” them if they can seek permission for this, lol.

“Please ask chef Sutton, I was here Wednesday night and it was so amazing, please let me experience it one more time!”

🤣🤣🤣

Ok universe… let me see some magic. I will gladly give up my already paid for World of Color dessert party for getting squeezed into the Chef’s Counter 🙏🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter