NAPS- We want to know your best WDW locations

This is one of the spots that would be good for shade near Everest in the AK.
100_1535photobucket.jpg

I always manage to catch a catnap in AK. Along the path between Africa and Asia, there are a couple of places where steps lead down to a little seating area along the water. They are usually pretty quiet and provide excellent shade. There are tables and chairs so,I just prop up my feet on an extra chair and I'm off to dreamland. If I time it just right, I can wake up just in time to see the Jammin' Jungle Parade as it is on it's final leg.

In MK
  • the riverboat cruise,
  • the Toontown train station (especially during parade times),

In Epcot:
  • the seats in front of the teeny tiny Canadian stage,
  • the "alley" that goes down toward "international gateway" thats right between UK and the water.
  • Also in UK right across the street from the Rose & Crown, there's a little tea pot store, behind it is a path that leads to the Iced Tea place.. that little path goes around and is a nice "retreat" during off peak hours (read that as NOT lunch or dinner time).
  • We also hear the ride in Mexico is nice and "relaxing" (and dark)

In MGM.. i mean DS, (bahah)
  • Before 11:30am the tables and chairs at the Studio Grill.
  • also before 11:30am the area between 50s primetime cafe and indiana jones.

In AK:
  • Almost anywhere in Camp Minnie Mickey (right after Lion King starts is a good time) and the further back you go the quieter it gets.
  • And there were several opportune locations on the Pangani Trails too, but you'd have to find the right time, maybe during the parade or "high noon" (lunch time.. everyone's in the restaurants).

if you're at MK, grab a monorail over to GF and nap in the lobby!! Comfy couches and chairs and piano music.

Hey Fits...I would, respecftully, disagree with you on this one. If I am paying top dollar to stay at the GF, I don't want to see folks sacked out in the lobby. There was a thread about this very issue on the boards a while back...if memory serves, it got closed down b/c it got so heated with folks saying that it was inappropriate to nap in the lobby of a resort, particularly if you were not staying there as a guest.

:goodvibes
3DK

this was mentioned on the podcast, but I can't believe noone here seconded it. American adventure in Epcot....I'm not even a person who naps, but I fell asleep in here.

Amer. Adv. gets my husband's vote. He slept through the entire thing. I was afraid he would start snoring.

This one's not in the parks, but I've been known to grab a lounge chair on the beach at the Beach Club. It's wonderful to doze off to the sounds of the boats going by.

Melissa

Depending on the time of day and year you go, the dock for the Liberty Belle in Magic Kingdom is sometimes deserted and very peaceful

Ellen's universe of energy. DW has never made it to the end!

My husband found a great spot in Innoventions West (I think it was west anyway)....it was on a bench in a corner where hardly anyone went......okay this is not a helpful post lol!!! I believe it was in the same building that they had the free Character Photos for Disney Visa holders. Ack - sorry people - maybe someone else know this spot!! (Maybe to the side where you make those plastic robots?)

Well anyway he found that spot and I found him SNORING!!

Hey Fits...I would, respecftully, disagree with you on this one. If I am paying top dollar to stay at the GF, I don't want to see folks sacked out in the lobby. There was a thread about this very issue on the boards a while back...if memory serves, it got closed down b/c it got so heated with folks saying that it was inappropriate to nap in the lobby of a resort, particularly if you were not staying there as a guest.

:goodvibes
3DK

Yeah I think I would agree with this but I think it should extend to all resorts not just GF.

BTW, I have done a little snoozing in Country Bears Jamboree.

These are all great ideas. Taking a nap or just a little break definitely makes a long Disney day go better.

MK

- In Adventureland, the benches across from the Aloha Isle snack bar where Dole Whips are sold. The area is shady and quiet.

- I agree with PPs about the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. We always go around at least twice.

MGM -- ooops! I mean Disney Studios

- Across from the entrance to Sci-Fi Dine-in is a garage door with the Monsters, Inc. logo on it and a small courtyard where people wait in line to meet the characters. However, if the characters aren't there, it a great spot to rest.

My mom was a fan of napping on COP.

Besides the horns, the transport boats in Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon are relaxing and make for a good snooze.

And if you can spare the time, take the very short bus ride from MK to WL. Those chairs in the lobby are amazing. I have family members who would rather nap there than in the room! :laughing:

this was mentioned on the podcast, but I can't believe noone here seconded it. American adventure in Epcot....I'm not even a person who naps, but I fell asleep in here.
i will definitely agree w/ you at the American Adventure. they could have been re-enacting the civil war, and i would have been in a coma. also, Ellen's energy express is a guaranteed nap. one of the best i ever had was in the grass behind a bench in the world showcase. i am not a napping type person, but while i'm at WDW, a daily nap is a must.

dpuck....I KNOW that spot! We took DS over there to blow off some steam while waiting for dinner at LTT. BUT....there were smokers over there. Does anyone know if it's a designated area or were they just out of place??

There is the smoking area when you go thru the opening between LTT and the Christmas shop. Right in front of the refreshment stand that is never open. From time to time if all the benches are occupied some stray smokers may end up down towards the stage using the low lying wall around the tree to sit on.

Back to our original topic now.......my body wont let me nap, but I would think a few loops around the Epcot monorail line could do it for some people.

There is a pathway at animal kingdom when you come in the park, you go to the left and it's on your right as you go toward discovery island. It takes you behind the kangaroos and toward the tree of life. Totally silent. Didn't even know it was there till this past trip.

Have not seen this one! I caught a great nap on the monorail from TTC to Epcot! Just get on and ride and sleep as long as you need to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter