Navigating around MCO and car rental questions....

Oof. that sounds horrible. My son would lose his mind probably. (Which reminds me...I'm just a couple weeks away from requesting DAS!)
My kids are also on the spectrum and refuse taxis ubers lyft etc - also weirdly ok with buses as long as they sit at the window and I act as a shield between them and strangers.

I always rent a car for this reason - always Alamo due to straight to car pickups if registered online - never ever had a problem - go every year - and special bonus - you can stop at the dollar store for gatorade water chips snacks disney toys etc. A balloon to stage in front of the AC motion sensor that turns off AC in night when no motion occurs etc....

We decided to stick with our Mears reservation this time. But if it's a total nightmare, we will keep Alamo in mind for next time. Thanks!

Wait...the AC is going to turn off at night?! We'll be there in January so hopefully it will be cool enough at night to not matter. But ***? I cannot sleep in a warm room.

Wait...the AC is going to turn off at night?! We'll be there in January so hopefully it will be cool enough at night to not matter. But ***? I cannot sleep in a warm room.
That was the case with the older thermostats - the idea was to save energy by turning the AC off when no one was there. Unfortunately, many times the motion sensor didn’t pick up motion when guests were sleeping. Hopefully they removed all those sensors during the refurb - ask on the BRV forum for recent experience!

Yes wasn't aware that they removed these sensors. Sometimes you can override it with tricks from the internet but if you just buy a balloon day 1 and put it in front of AC blower in view of sensor, viola it stays on. And you get a cute balloon :)

Still used the AC sensor after the BCV refurb. The tricks online are very helpful if you find the right thermostat at least at the BCV they are not all the same. I assume that is due to replacements over the years.

Yes wasn't aware that they removed these sensors. Sometimes you can override it with tricks from the internet but if you just buy a balloon day 1 and put it in front of AC blower in view of sensor, viola it stays on. And you get a cute balloon :)

That's a huge bummer. Here's hoping the weather is cool enough at night to keep our room cool because my son will immediately pop a balloon so sadly not an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter