Need a referral for the current promotion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tink2020

Suddenly Tagless!
I guess I'll edit this first post and the title, as it seems this thread has turned into my answer! :rotfl:

If anyone is interested in buying DVC during the current promotion ($15 off per point, in honor of DVC's 15th anniversary), you will need a referral name from a current DVC member. This is a pretty cool promotion... DH is a little annoyed that we bought a bit too soon! :rolleyes:

Please feel free to PM me for a referral name! Other referrals are available as well, as listed in this thread!

Good luck, and happy DVC-buying! :goodvibes

Sign me up as well!
Love to help people own a piece of the magic, and help them save money. :thumbsup2
Just PM me.

same here, i just think it's strange that DVC requires you to know someone in order to get a discount.

Is the requirement of a referral to get the discount a new thing?

I bought into Saratoga Springs on Sept. 16th of this year and didn't have to do anything to get the discount.

Now, by providing a referral, I gave the person I referred $250 Disney Dollars

OK, so I'm new and have been researching the feasability of purchasing at DVC and stubmbled upon the board. We previously owned an Orlando Westgate resort which we have just sold. During the most recent trip this January we spent a few nights on Disney Property also (Wilderness Lodge specifically) and that ruined us for any other type of resort! Wow that was fun! Actually, I was even impressed with the All star value resort we also stayed at.

So I'm looking at Saratoga Springs mostly due to the longer lease period (I'm 33, wife is 29 and we are Disney NUTS - going to either California or Orlando at least once per year). I'm looking for around 120 to 150 points, enough for a full week in a 2 BR every other year. The best I can find resale is $85 per point but now I see this offer direct from DVC for $86 per point if a current member refers you. Although this forces me to to buy 150 points, the price difference is not that bad, especially if DVC does not charge a closing cost....

So the million dollar question is, and I suppose this has been discussed often, HOW to I get referred if I don't personally know a DVC member.... :thumbsup2

P.S. For the record, I did search for "referral" but the results did show specifically what I was looking for. Sorry if this is one of those dumb newbie questions that everyone is sick of reading.

Thanks!

I would be happy to give someone a referral.
Melanie :cool1:

harra said:
Is the requirement of a referral to get the discount a new thing?

I bought into Saratoga Springs on Sept. 16th of this year and didn't have to do anything to get the discount.

Now, by providing a referral, I gave the person I referred $250 Disney Dollars

For the $15pp discount (in honor of the 15th anniversary), you have to have a current DVC member name on file as a referral, yes.

For the $15pp discount (in honor of the 15th anniversary), you have to have a current DVC member name on file as a referral, yes.

OK, there is a new discount. When we were there in September the discount was $10/point OR one add'l point deposit equal to whatever quantity you bought.

We went for the extra points and got an instant 220 points the day we signed and will get another 220 points at the beginning of our use year in December.

Mtnman44 said:
. During the most recent trip this January we spent a few nights on Disney Property also (Wilderness Lodge specifically) and that ruined us for any other type of resort! Wow that was fun!
Yes, we agree completely with your assessment of that resort!
So I'm looking at Saratoga Springs mostly due to the longer lease period (I'm 33, wife is 29 and we are Disney NUTS - going to either California or Orlando at least once per year). I'm looking for around 120 to 150 points, enough for a full week in a 2 BR every other year. The best I can find resale is $85 per point but now I see this offer direct from DVC for $86 per point if a current member refers you. Although this forces me to to buy 150 points, the price difference is not that bad, especially if DVC does not charge a closing cost....

So the million dollar question is, and I suppose this has been discussed often, HOW to I get referred if I don't personally know a DVC member.... :thumbsup2
As noted you can send a private message to someone on these boards and I'm sure they'll be happy to "refer" you and use their name. Many people here live in a state that allows a referral payment from Disney so you won't have any problem with volunteers.

Welcome to the DIS boards....it's a great resource for everything about DVC. Feel free to ask questions as people here are very willing to share their knowledge, expertise and especially their opinions! :rolleyes:

From your description, DVC and SSR sound like an awesome fit for you and your family. Good luck in your decision! :)

I just referred a friend of mine today but if there is anyone out there lacking a friend or family member who is a DVC owner, please feel free to consider me your adopted family member or friend!
I live in Pennsylvania, so I will not receive any compensation for this....but I always enjoy sharing the magic! Just PM me if you need a referral name to get a discount.

Wow. I got several PM responses. Thanks for the help. That's quite a discount DVC is offering simply for providing a current owner name as a referral. Is it really that easy? Question: Does the referring member get anything out of this?

Now comes the hard part: Convincing the Boss (aka wife) that we should do this and spend the money. Normally this is a tough job, but anything Disney related makes it a little easier... :sunny:

Mtnman44 said:
Wow. I got several PM responses. Thanks for the help. That's quite a discount DVC is offering simply for providing a current owner name as a referral. Is it really that easy? Question: Does the referring member get anything out of this?

Yes, the member that refers you can get a 'reward', I think it is 200 Disney dollars. I assume most folks that will respond to you in a PM will be eligible...many states do not allow the owner to get a reward (it depends upon the state of residency of the owner.) Here in Texas, while we can refer someone for the discount, we can not get any reward.

And would also happily send you some "pixie dust" if I got a "reward" from Disney for the referral. :goodvibes

If anybody needs a referral let me know. They can use my name. I just joined DVC using the referral discount so I would be happy to let anybody use my name.

~Michelle~

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter